Chapter Fifteen

Alina gets caught trying to sabotage Aliya's project.

Jealousy can turn someone into something worse than they are. Jealousy isn't a disease that we should try to avoid, no matter what.

Alina has been trying to find a way to get into Aliya's locker, but even if she could, she would still need Aliya's password to get inside.

"How will we get the password, Alina?" her friend asks her while they are looking at Aliya, who was talking and laughing with Red, Zayn, and Ayla in the cafeteria.

"I think I can get it without any problems, and I know how to do that without getting into trouble with the teachers or anyone," Alina says, smirking, knowing that Aliya's password could be someone's name or even her birthday.

As those two could be very important to her, especially when her birthday coincided with her mother's death.

Alina knows when Aliya will be home or at Aryan's place. So she had plenty of time to plan and execute everything she needed.

But what Alina and Anita didn't know was that someone already knew their plan and would be the one to destroy it.

"This is not going to work, Alina. I won't let you destroy something that Aliya has worked so hard for just because of your stupidity and jealousy," they said, walking away with a plan in their heads.

After a few hours, when every student went home, that's when Alina started her plan. But she never thought that someone was watching her and taking a video of her opening Aliya's locker. She typed in Aliya's birth date, and it turned out that it was the correct password.

But Alina was shocked to find that there was no project in the locker. This surprised her, as she was expecting it to be there because the others trusted Aliya and she was their team leader.

"Where is it?" Alina asks herself while looking through the locker. "It has to be here somewhere..."

"Hey, Alina. What are you doing?" Matthew says to her while walking out of the shadows and standing in front of her: Alina was too shocked to speak, but she turned to face him and saw that he was recording her and what she had been doing.

"What are you doing?" Alina asks while trying to get Matthew's phone out of his hands, but she couldn't as he locked it and placed it in his pocket. "Delete that, now!", she yelled at him, but Matthew didn't even flinch at the sound of her voice.

"No, I will not. I will send it to the principal and every teacher in school. You are not even worth it, Alina. I am glad that you stayed away from me, and I am not going to let you hurt or even sabotage Aliya's projects or even her life. I will give you a few choices to make. One, stay away from her; two, don't even think about hurting her; and three, don't you dare tell your mother about me having your video," he added sharply, looking at Alina, who was nervous, knowing that her mother would have her head if she even knew about the video.

"Fine..."

"No, wait, I forgot one more thing. Stop whatever plan you have with your mother about Hamza and Aliya. I know that the rumor you started a few months ago was a lie, and so are the pictures," he says, cutting her off. "You know, I am somewhat glad that you and I are nothing to each other," he added, walking towards Aliya's locker and closing it before walking away from Alina.

The last statement shocked Alina because she thought about him every day and wanted to be with him despite her mother's decision.

Alina watched Matthew walk away from her with tears in her eyes. Her mother told her to stay away from him and that she would care for her.

"I wish I could change the past or even change my parents. I would have been happy with him, but things don't always work out the way we want them to, "she tells herself, wiping the fallen tears.

Matthew knew that he couldn't bring himself to send the video anywhere or even tell Aliya about what Alina had been up to. And he couldn't even keep the video on his phone.

After seeing Alina, Matthew walked to Zayn's place; that's when he was supposed to meet Zayn and the others. He knocked, and Aryan opened the door, letting him inside, but he noticed that something was wrong with Matthew. So he decided to leave him with his thoughts.

As Aryam was about to go and call Zayn, that's when he heard Matthew talk to himself.

"Why does this hurt so much?" he asks himself.

"Because love hurts, and also if it's either the wrong time or even the wrong person. But we can't choose who our hearts choose for us to love," Aryan says, surprising him.

"I...I am sorry. I didn't know you were still here..."

"I understand, but you can't keep everything inside, and I think I know what you are talking about. Why? Because of someone who hurt you even though you don't want to hurt them, right?" Aryan says this while surprising Matthew.

"It isn't that, Uncle. I need to explain something first before anything else," Matthew says, starting to explain everything that happened between him and Alina and what just happened a few minutes ago.

Aryan was beyond shocked to hear what Alina and Rukiya had done to Matthew and Aliya.

"Can I have the video?" Aryan asks Matthew, who is surprised to hear this from him.

He reluctantly agreed and sent it to Aryan on his phone.

Thank you, Matthew, but I am sorry for what I am about to do with this video. Alina needs to learn about life and how tough it will be. I made a promise, and I intend to keep it no matter what. And I am thankful to my son, who has always protected Aliya as his sister.

"Thank you for listening, but could you not tell anyone about this? I haven't even told the group yet, and I want to tell myself," Matthew tells him, smiling sadly.

"I promise, now I need to get back to work, and Zayn is in his room. Red and Aliya will be here in a few minutes," Aryan explained to him, and then he walked into his office to call the school principal, but before that, he needed to edit out Matthew's voice in the video.

Aryan didn't want Matthew to get into trouble for staying in school when everyone else had gone home.

This is my promise, Farha. Just like you made a promise to my wife to take care of my son until the day you left this cruel world, this is the start of my plan.