Chapter Eighteen.

The Results of the projects

Alina's team started their presentation as soon as the other group went after Aliya's team. Her group chose friendship and worked hard to make their presentation a little more interesting than Aliya's project.

But they couldn't because Aliya had to use an Ace, which is her mother's diary, and everything else that she needed to win the competition.

Now it is time for the principal and the teachers in charge to announce who the winners are and their grades.

"Now, we are happy to announce the winners. And third place goes to Alina and her group, with a percentage of 75% of their final grade. Second place goes to Hamza Hassan and his group, with a percentage of 80% of their final grade. Now, first place goes to Aliya and her group with a percentage of 95.5% of their final grade," the principal announced to the entire school.

The winners were called to the podium to get their certificates, and those who participated also got their participation certificates.

At least now my mother will let me be the way I am and not make me harm Aliya again. I don't want to try to hurt her again. I try my best to apologize to her and maybe try to get her to be my friend, even though Mom has forbidden me to be her friend since we were kids.

"I am so proud of her, even though I can't even hug her and tell her that I am sorry for whatever I did in the past. I just hope I am not too late to get her to forgive me," Alina says to herself while smiling and looking at Aliya and her group as they collected their certificates.

After the award ceremony, all the students were given an afternoon off to go and prepare for the finals that would be in a month. It was enough time for Alina to get Aliya to talk to her and maybe even try to tell the truth about how her mother has been trying everything to hurt Aliya through anything and everything.

But Alina knew that she had to keep her plan a secret for now because she didn't want her mother to use whatever she did against Aliya.

I will need advice from someone, and I think I know who will help me. But I hope she can help me, even though I have made Aliya's life miserable.

Alina clapped so hard when it was Aliya's turn to receive the award and the certificate. This gesture made everyone around her shocked to see the way she was reacting, especially when they are meant to be enemies and half-sisters.

The whispers started as soon as Alina started clapping for Aliya, but she didn't care about that, especially when she was trying to change her entire character and attitude toward Aliya.

"Why is she clapping?"

"Aren't they supposed to be enemies?"

"Maybe she is planning something to harm Aliya..."

The last comment made Alina angry because of the way that person said it behind her back. It wasn't something she was proud of doing, but Alina needed her mother's love, even if it was fake.

I wish I could go back in time to change the way I hurt my sister. But I did that for my mother, who now realizes that she will never love me the way a mother should love her child. I am done being her scapegoat because now I need to love myself more than she does.

But many would say to change for yourself and not for someone else who isn't you. Alina decided to go and speak to her sister, but she was waiting for the right moment to do that because her mother had someone follow her when Alina didn't do the things that Rukiya wanted to be done to Aliya.

Alina needed to explain everything to Hamza, even though it would be painful for her to do it. But she needs to do this to get two best friends together as they were before Alina started the rumor about Zayn and Aliya.

"Okay everyone, you can all leave and go home," the principal told the students, who cheered knowing that they would have three days off. "But remember that in a week, it will be finals, and you need to study so that you can graduate," he added, making some of the students groan, knowing that they will miss a few parties that they planned during the weekend.

Aliya, Red, Matthew, and Zayn made plans to study with Ayla at Aryan's house for the finals.

"Come on, guys, you need rest..."

"No, we need to take the first step to get out of this town and out of that house before I lose my mind," Aliya says, cutting Ayla off. "I am sorry; I didn't mean it in a bad way... I just want to be free from that house before I go mad with the people there," she added when she saw the shocked expression on Ayla and Matthew's faces.

They don't know what is happening at home with Rukiya and Alina, who are trying to hurt her every chance they get.

"It's okay; we get it, Ali," Ayla says, winking at her. "But we do deserve two days rest, and then we will continue to study," she added, making Red smile, knowing that this would make Aliya agree.

"Fine, let's have a break... I just need to go and see Nanny because I kind of miss her because of how busy we were with the project," Aliya tells them.

"Sure, I will take you there," Matthew tells her.

"Are you sure?" Aliya asks him, knowing that if Rukiya saw him, there would be trouble.

But Matthew didn't care about that because he knew that whatever he and Alina had was over and would never come back.

"Yes, I am sure. Plus, I won't come inside; I will just drop you off at the gate," Matthew tells her.

Aliya understood why he was doing this.

It is time for Aliya to know what happened between me and Alina, even though it might hurt her more than ever. And maybe she will even hate me for what she discovers from our conversation.