Chapter Twelve.

Questions that Aliya has about her parents.

Alina couldn't bear the thought of Aliya winning at everything she does in school and at home. She needed to win against Aliya, no matter where or how she did it.

"You need to win this award. I mean it, Alina", her mother tells her after knowing that there's a project that would make up half of the student's grades, and Rukiya wants her daughter to win no matter what.

"Okay, mamma. I will try..."

"No, don't say trying. You need to do it," Rukiya tells her. She then walks away, knowing that her daughter would do it just to get attention and love.

I need her to crush Aliya just like I did her mother. I don't care who gets hurt or who is against my methods and decisions.

Nanny Lea watched how Rukiya was treating Alina; it was like she didn't even love her as a mother.

But Nanny Lea knew that she couldn't interfere in their matter.

She watched Alina walk to her room with her head down and her shoulders shaking. It looks like she was crying.

If winning that project would make her happy, then my Aliya would leave it and make her win. But that won't be enough for Rukiya, as she wants more and more, which she will need in the future.

Meanwhile, Aliya is in her room, trying to come up with a project that would be suitable, but all she has is nothing.

"Aliya, come and let's have lunch," Nanny Lea says to her, almost scaring her. "I am sorry; I didn't mean to scare you," she added, apologizing to her.

Aliya shook her head and got up to go and have lunch with her Nanny Lea, as she would normally do.

"Nanny, why doesn't my father love me just like he loves Alina?" Aliya asks Nanny Lea.

Nanny Lea didn't know what to tell her because if Aliya only knew what happened between her mother, father, and Rukiya, she wouldn't be able to handle it, even if it was her right to know.

"He does love you, in his own way. And after all, he is your father, so he will love you," Nanny Lea tried to explain to her.

But deep inside, Nanny Lea knew that she was just reassuring Aliya about Zayd, who might never see her as his daughter because of the poison that Rukiya has instilled in his mind and heart.

Ever since Aliya started reading her mother's diaries, she had so many questions that only one person could answer them.

Her uncle.

Zayn's father.

Even though Aliya will need to go to his house with Ahad to get to talk to her uncle Aryan. But she didn't want to tell her Nanny Lea where she needed to go after having lunch.

"Nanny, I need to go with Red to Uncle Aryan's place to do the project with Ahad, so can I go, please?" Aliya asks her while helping her with the dishes.

"Okay, you can go, but remember to come home early..."

"Come home early; don't do anything stupid with my friends. And I know that you will tell me to ask Uncle Aryan to call you," Aliya interrupted her while holding her laughter.

Aliya has memorized what Nanny always tells her whenever she goes to Aryan's house.

"Aliya," Nanny Lea says, giving her a warning look.

"Sorry, my dear Nanny. I promise to be on my best behavior at the house," Aliya says, kissing her Nanny's cheeks.

After finishing helping Nanny Lea, Aliya went to her room to collect her stuff before sending a message to Muskan to let her know it was time to go to Ahad's house.