Chapter Nineteen.

Someone will say that a story has many sides, but in truth, a story has two sides: the fiction and the real story.

Matthew And Alina's Story

Matthew was nervous about telling Aliya everything that had happened between him and Alina because he was scared of being judged by her.

But he knows that Aliya isn't that type of person. Matthew knew this from the way Aliya welcomed him into the group without any malice in her heart.

"Matt, you have been going round and round for the last ten minutes while we were supposed to reach the house twenty minutes ago; what is wrong?" Aliya asked when she saw him looking at her and trying to say something to him. "And don't say it is nothing because I know that you didn't want to give me a ride for nothing. You want to talk to me about something or someone," she added, giving him a warm smile.

"I want to tell you about me and Alina..."

"Matthew, you don't have to do that..."

"I know, but I want to do it. For our friendship and for the fact that you, Red, and Zayn gave me your friendship without asking anything in return," Matthew explained to her.

"Okay, then. Go ahead," Aliya tells him.

"Alina and I met when I went to the beach almost two years ago. She was there with a few of her friends, and from there, we started hanging out and developing feelings for each other. But when her mother found out that she was hanging out with someone like me—poor with no social status—she forced Alina to give up on our relationship or else she would send her to a boarding school that was far away from here," Mattew explained to her with unshed tears in his eyes. "So Alina dumped me in the worst way possible. In front of all our friends," he added, looking at Aliya with a sad smile on his face.

"I won't say I am sorry, but I will say that Allah knows why her mother is like that, especially to her own daughter..."

"I can understand her, Aliya. But maybe it's because I am poor and I drive an old, beat-up car..."

"Stop putting yourself down. Any girl who is lucky enough will see how lucky they are to have someone like you in their life. Plus, I am glad to have you as my friend, and I think Uncle Aryan likes you more than Zayn, but don't tell him that," Aliya tells him, making him smile. "Matthew, remember that when you love someone, their appearance might not matter, but their heart does," she added.

How wrong was Hamza to lose someone like you in his life? But as you always say, Allah knows best for everything that's happening. All I can do is pray that I get to the college of my dreams and make something out of myself. And help my mother take care of my little sister.

"Thank you for not judging me..."

"Matthew, I can't and won't do that. Besides, I have no right to judge you or anyone else. I am not perfect either, and I think some day Alina will realize her mistakes and make amends for everything bad that she ever did. And maybe even ask for forgiveness," Aliya says, cutting him off.

"Thank you for listening and for being my friend. But can I ask you a question?" Matthew asks Aliya, who nods.

"Yes, go ahead," she says to him.

"Why do you let them treat you the way they do?" Matthew asks her. "And how is Alina your sister when you have different surnames?" he added.

"Because I have no other choice except to endure it, and also because Mr. Zayd Salim's parents won't let me or even Nanny leave the house. As for the names, Mr.Zayd doesn't acknowledge me as his daughter, and on the day I was born, he asked the doctor for a DNA test to prove that I am his daughter," Aliya explained to him. "Nanny Lea refused to give him permission to do it because my mother left me with her as she will be my guardian and caretaker," she added, smiling sadly, remembering what she had read in one of her mother's diaries.

"So on your birth certificate, you took your mother's name instead of his?" Matthew asks as they are almost at the house.

Aliya refuses to call it home because it will never be to her.

"Yes, because he didn't want to sign it, and so Nanny Lea signed it and registered me, and I am happy with it. To be honest, Mr. Zayd has never seen me as his daughter, but maybe someday he might. But until then, it will be too late, but who knows, right?"

"That's true, but he is missing out on your life. He should have been there for your achievements, Aliya," Matthew says to her.

"I never cared if he was there or not. As long as I have my Nanny, Red, and Zayn, plus Uncle Aryan, who have been there ever since we were kids, I won't give them up for anything," Aliya says to him.

I wish I could talk to Hamza and tell him who the honest Alina is, but I can't hurt the person that I love, right? Plus, I don't think he will ever listen to me.

After what seems like a few minutes, Matthew parks the car at the back of the house, as it was required for Aliya to go through there. She wasn't allowed to walk through Rukiya's house entrance.

"Thanks for the ride, and Matthew, don't worry; some day some girl will see you the way you are. And not someone you aren't," Aliya says, waving to him.

Inside the house, Hamza was sitting in the living room waiting to talk to Alina when he heard the car pulling up at the back entrance. So he quietly walked near the window just to see Aliya getting out of Matthew's car.

What is she doing with him? Are they together, and is she cheating on Zayn?

But Hamza had no right to ask Aliya anything about her life. She already told him this, and he should respect her decision, just as she respected him when he told her not to ever go near him or even try to talk to him.

"Hamza, are you alright?" A voice called out to him. He quickly wiped the scruff on his face and turned around to find Alina standing there.

Hamza gave her his best fake smile and nodded.

"Yes, I am".

"Let's go, or we will be late," Alina tells him.

"Yeah, let's go."

Anger and regret are almost the same because they get along and come when the other appears. They aren't separate.