Chapter Sixteen.

To send or not to send?

Aryan didn't want to ruin Alina's future by sending the video to the school principal.

How will I ever be happy when I ruin someone's life, even though she ruined Aliya's life? Will I be the same as them if I do it?

"I need to ask someone for advice; hopefully they will know what to do with this video. But I just can't let Alina go unpunished, even if it's not to get her expelled or even suspended from school," Aryan tells himself while dialing a number on his phone.

One of the people he trusted more than anyone was them, ever since they were the ones who would help Aliya and give her the love she needed in her life. Maybe it's for the best to have them by Aryan and Aliya's sides.

"Asalam Aleikum, I need your help," Aryan tells the person on the phone. He then started explaining to him what he knew and had. The video might ruin Alina's life and her education.

"I don't think you should do it, Aryan. Alina is the same age as Aliya, and even if they don't get along, they are still sisters. Put Aliya in Alina's shoes and think before you act," they told Aryan. "And it isn't good to punish the children for their parents' mistakes. Their turn will come very soon, and I will always be here to help you," they added.

They were right, but the main question is: how will Aryan get Rukiya to pay for her sins and also secure Aliya's future?

"I will hold on to the video and not send it, but I will need something else to stop Rukiya's malice from harming Aliya and filling Alina's mind with poison," I tell them, hoping they will think of something to help me.

"Sometimes you should let Allah take care of that, Aryan. Because when we don't know how to help our loved ones, we pray for their protection from Allah. As He is the one who will help and guide us to the right path," they said, making Aryan understand what needs to be done.

"I know what to do, and I thank you for always being there for me..."

"I made a promise to your father and mother to protect you and your sister from any harm that would come to the both of you," they said, making Aryan remember his parents and sister.

"Thank you for your advice and everything that you have done for me until now." Aryan thanked them and hung up the phone.

Some day I will be able to reveal who you are to everyone, including Zayn and Aliya. They would be surprised, but the one who would be most surprised would be...

Aryan was interrupted by a knock on the door. He knew that it could either be his son or his niece Aliya, who has a habit of knocking before entering, as she didn't want to be scolded by Nanny Lea.

"Come in!" he called out to whoever was behind the door.

He was surprised to find that it was Matthew who walked in, and he knew that something was wrong from the look on his face.

"What's wrong, Matthew?" Aryan asks him worriedly.

"What did you do with the video?" Matthew asks him while walking toward Aryan.

"I didn't send it to anyone if that's what you are worried about..."

"No, I am not worried about that. I don't want Aliya to get hurt by the fact that I might have helped Alina try and sabotage the project, which was made from her own story. Hers and her mother's," Matthew says, voicing his concerns.

"Matthew, do you like my niece?" Aryan asks him.

"Not in the way you think. But I do like her as a friend, and if she will have me..."

"Matthew, what are you saying? We are friends, all three of us," a voice interrupted him.

This made them look at the door to find Red, Aliya, and Zayn standing there with their arms crossed.

The three of them moved toward him, and Zayn put his hand on Matthew's shoulder.

"The moment that you helped Ali, I had already considered you a friend. Plus, I saw how Alina treated you, and I know that you will never help her try and sabotage the group project we have been working so hard on," Zayn tells him, smiling. "You took the video, Matt, and we all know that you don't want to get her into trouble. So we will destroy it and let Kifrah take care of her and whoever helped her," he added.

Aryan couldn't be more proud of Zayn for handling the situation, and he knew that this was the answer that he was looking for. So he took out the disk and gave it to his son, who crushed it in front of everyone that was there.

"It's the best thing, Uncle. Because we can't always fight fire with fire. Innocent people will get hurt, and I don't want that to happen," Aliya tells Aryan, who couldn't be prouder of the teenagers who are standing in front of him.

"This is what true friendship and family look like. And I wish that Alina will see what her mother has been telling her is wrong before it's too late," Matthew says sadly.

Why does this feeling of longing never go away? Why didn't I meet Alina first and not Alina? Sometimes things like this can't be explained by anyone.

"Now can we go and have some food?" Red asks, making everyone laugh. "What, don't tell me you guys aren't hungry and it's almost dinner time?" She added, giving Zayn a look that made him stop laughing.

"Okay, okay. Guys, let's order pizza, and I need to call Nanny Lea to explain that you will be staying the night here with Red and Zayn. But you will be in your room..."

"Yes, Uncle. We know, and can we order now?" Aliya says she is making him laugh, knowing that this is what Aryan says when she spends the night at his house.

Aryan has kept a room just for her to stay in whenever she wants to. Or when she just wants to get away from Rukiya and Alina's malice.

"Fine, but no..."

"Peppers in yours. We got it," both Zayn and Aliya said to him, making him shake his head.

Jealousy is just like anger; they are both poison in the mind and body.