Chapter Five

Three Years Later

It has been three years since Aliya and Alina were born. Nanny Lea has been taking care of Aliya as if she were her daughter.

That's what she had promised Farha that fateful day. Meanwhile, Rukiya has hired a nanny to take care of Alina ever since the day they came home from the hospital. She had never spent time with her daughter except for the times when Zayd would come home from work.

It was Aliya's third birthday, and Nanny Lea decided to take her to the park so that she could play with Zayn, who is Aryan's son.

She has already told Zayd, who didn't even bother to answer her or even wish his daughter a happy birthday. He has never acknowledged her as his daughter, even if Nanny told him that she was his.

"Aliya, let's put on your shoes so we can now leave...."

Nanny Lea helped Aliya put on her shoes while Alina watched them from afar. She has never gotten a hug or even a kiss from her mother.

Alina wished that she could go with them, but her mother had forbidden her nanny to even let her get near Aliya, as she calls her a bastard child.

Even though Alina couldn't understand the hatred that her mother felt toward Aliya, she knew that she couldn't go against her as she would be punished.

"Nanny, are we going to the park to see Red and Zayn?", Aliya asked her Nanny when they walked out of the house while Alima watched them from the window.

Red is a girl named Muskaan. When Aliya met her, she was covered in red paint. So that became her name for Muskaan.

"Yes, we are. We will be spending the day with them and also with your Uncle Aryan. We will cut your birthday cake and have fun", Nanny explained to her.

Instead of heading to the bus stop, Aryan had arranged a car for them near the bus stop.

"Thank you," Nanny Lea tells the driver who opened the door and carried Aliya's backpack, which had a change of clothes inside.

"You are welcome..."

"Yes, thank you".

Aliya says this while making Nanny and the driver laugh, knowing that she is trying to say the words that Nanny Lea has taught her.

"You are most welcome, princess," the driver tells her while closing the door. Before he starts the car, he hands a present to Aliya, whose eyes widen as she sees how big it is.

"This is for me," Aliya asks him with innocence in her eyes that shine.

"Yes, I heard from Nanny that today is your birthday. It's a gift from me," James, the driver, tells her. "You can open it now or later if you want," he added, and then he started the car so that he could drive them to their destination.

Aliya looked at Nanny Lea to ask her permission to open the gift that Uncle James had given her.

"We can open it together; I will help you," Nanny says, making Aliya giggle with happiness.

Nanny helped her tear the wrapping paper, and she asked Aliya to open the box.

Inside the box was a kitchen set in her favorite color.

Blue.

"Thank you, Uncle James," she says to James while smiling at him.

"You are most welcome, princess".

Nanny Lea smiled, knowing that Aliya is a special girl who would be able to win anyone's heart except her father's.

A few days ago, Aliya started asking questions about her father, and Nanny had no idea what to tell her except that her father is none other than Zayd.