Chapter Two

Mistreatment Continues.

It has been a few months since everything happened to Farha, but she had to endure it for her unborn child.

The baby in her womb was her happiness. She couldn't find happiness in her husband, who hadn't even cared to ask how she was or if she needed something.

The only person who was there for her was her nanny.

She was the one who had raised her when she used to live with her parents, and Farha had offered to come with her to her husband's home.

Nanny Lea has always been there for Farha as her mentor, her guardian, and her adviser.

"Are you alright, my dear child?" Nanny Lea asks her when she sees how Farha isn't even reacting to what she sees in front of her.

Rukiya and Zayd were in an embrace after coming from the hospital.

"I am fine, Nanny. I promise you. The only thing I feel is emptiness when I see them together. Plus, I don't need them. I have you, my baby, and my brother, who doesn't like being called that", Farha says to her Nanny while looking at the two people who betrayed her. "I wish I had listened to my parents before they died. Maybe I would have been happy and loved by someone else," she added, walking away from the room.

Farha knew that whatever her marriage meant was gone. All the feelings and happiness she felt disappeared the day Zayd chose Rukiya over her.

The day that Rukiya threw hot water on her because it wasn't boiling while Zayd watched from a distance

"My dear, you can't just give up..."

"Nanny, I have to because I chose to be happy with what I have now. And maybe some day I will be able to leave this place with my baby and never look back. Plus, I will need you to look after my baby if anything happens to me. Promise me that you will always protect her, and when the time comes, give her the diaries that are under my bed. I know that you will love and care for her..."

"Farha, don't say that. You will be there for your baby. And you will give her all the happiness, love, and care she deserves to have," Nanny Lea tries to assure her.

But Farha knew better because of the way that Rukiya had been treating her.

The hatred that Rukiya had was something that Farha had no idea about when it started happening. All she knows is that protecting her unborn baby is always going to be her priority, no matter what happens to her.

In the coming days, Farha needed to go to the hospital for her check-up, but unfortunately, Zayd didn't even care when she told him about it.

"Nanny, could you come with me to the hospital for my check-up?" Farha asks her nanny, who immediately says yes to her request.

The love that Nanny Lea had for Farha was the same love that a mother has for her children.

Nanny Lea has been working for Farha's parents even before she was born. She is a convert who started to love Islam and everything that it brings.

The peace and tranquility

"I would love to, my dear. We can ask the driver..."

"Nanny, no, we don't need to do that. We will go by bus and come back the same way", Farha tells her, knowing that every maid in the house was told not to help her in any way.

They were threatened by Rukiya that if they were to help her, they would be fired.

Farha didn't want them to lose their jobs because of her.