Chapter Four

Two Months Later.

Alina's birth {Rukiya and Zayd's daughter}

It has now been two months since Aliya was born and her mother's death. Her father didn't even look at her when her Nanny Lea brought her home from the hospital.

He had already told her that he wanted nothing to do with the baby until he gets a DNA test proving that Aliya is his daughter.

Nanny knew that even if the DNA was performed someone who tampered with the results made Zayd believe that he isn't the father.

And that person is none other than Rukiya.

Jealousy will drive people to do something insane just to get what they want and that's how Rukiya is especially when it came to Farha. But now that she is no more, her daughter Aliya would suffer in the future.

How do I protect you, my child, knowing that your mother's killer is in the same house as us? Only Allah knows how to protect us. I pray that He will guide and also take care of us.

Nanny Lea looked at Aliya who was sleeping on her mother's bed as her father didn't even care where she sleeps or even what she eats.

Meanwhile, Rukiya was having labor pains but didn't want to go to the hospital until Zayd came home from work.

She was adamant that he be there at the delivery no matter what important meetings he had.

"You have to get to the hospital, I will be following you there. I am almost at the end of my meeting....."

"I don't care about your stupid meetings, you NEED to be here. This is YOUR baby so you better be there or else I am not giving birth to the baby", Rukiya says while yelling at him.

Zayd knew that she was serious and she would do it. So he decided to let his assistant take his place and drove home to Rukiya so that he can take her to the hospital himself.

In about five minutes, Zayd arrived at the house and quickly carried Rukiya in his arms and took her to the car.

"Could you hurry up?"

Zayd looked at her with unidentified emotion in his heart. He couldn't be regretting marrying her, could he?

He didn't say anything and just started the car to drive her to the hospital while Nanny looked at him through the window holding Aliya in her arms.

"Some day he will realize your worth and that day, it would have been too late for him to even ask for forgiveness from you and your mother, Aliya. Always remember how she has been treated in this house when she was alive".

Nanny Lea shook her head and looked away when she saw Zayd looking at the baby in her arms.

She didn't want Aliya to see him because he doesn't deserve her when he knows that she is his daughter.

Evil will never prevail no matter what happens. It will always be crushed by goodness.

Upon reaching the hospital, Zayd was already tired of Rukiya's nagging and shouting at him.

She wanted things that weren't listed on her list but she had to get them anyhow.

"I need it, Zayd. This is your baby, remember....."

Zayd just blocked out most of what she was saying to him because everything that came out of her mouth was somewhat annoying to him but he would just nod and agreed with whatever she was saying to him.

A nurse gave him scrubs to change into so that he can join his wife in the delivery room.

What seemed like hours when finally she came out.