The Ball

*Vyserra's POV*

When Vyserra's and Alicent's walk had finished, Alicent help Vyserra pick one of her new gowns for the ball tonight. It was of course, an emerald green. Tight flitting with an open leg on one side, Vyserra was shocked that Alicent had picked it for her, as the Queen was known to be demure. But Alicent knew exactly what she was doing, and how to best attract her son to Vyserra, although she doubted she needed it after seeing the way they looked at one another in the training yard.

Vyserra couldn't stop checking everything was perfect all evening. The Queen had even gifted her some of the royal jewels, including a beautiful tiara which she wore over her loose curls. She admired the affect in the mirror. She was again extremely anxious, her whole trip to King's Landing was merging into an anxiety episode at this point, especially after the Queen mentioning that the Dornish and Velaryon ladies were arriving at court and would be there for the ball. Vyserra had heard they were beautiful women and they would be looking for husbands. Vyserra burned with jealousy thinking about them trying to impress the Prince.

Thankfully her ladies were with her and they were hyping each other up and drinking wine. She left her room to the ball feeling a lot more confident, if not a little drunk.

On entering the dining hall she was blown away, Alicent had outdone herself with decorating. Everything was gold, from the tables to the candelabras, the plates and the cups. 

It was extremely busy but people made way for Vyserra, a server showing her way to the table. First there would be a meal followed by the ball. Vyserra was looked on by every passerby, and there were hundreds. People had been flocking to King's Landing for the celebrations for the end of the war.  

 There were tens of tables scattered about the room. Her immediate family sat in one of the round tables, nearest the high table in a place of honor, they would have usually sat with the King but because of the number of them, there wasn't enough room. The high table overlooked the rest. Vyserra looked around, the King, Queen and the Heir Prince Aemond were yet to arrive. She started small talk with her family. 

"Who are you looking for sister?" Jace asked when he caught he looking up at the high table of the millionth time. Jace knew exactly who she was looking for, Aemond and Vyserra weren't exactly discreet with their flirting over family dinner the other night.

Just at that moment the crier's sounded the noise which meant the King was approaching, everyone stood and in walked Viserys with Alicent and Aemond. Vyserra watched as Aemond scanned the room, until his eyes landed one her and they locked eyes, he smirked at her and she felt giddy. 

They sat down to eat, it was another hour of them catching each other looking at one another. Vyserra, half-drunk and feeling liquid confidence rather than anxiety for a change couldn't wait for the meal to be over, hoping she would get a chance to dance with her uncle.

As soon as the meal was finished Aemond got up from his seat and Vyserra waited patiently, he was heading in her direction when Lord Corlys took his attention and was introducing him to two beautiful young girls that could only have been his relatives. Vyserra could feel the rage building up in her, she donned a fake smile before she could be too obvious. 

"Princess," someone from behind her said, "may I have your first dance?"

Vyserra turned and it was, of course, Lancel Beesbury awaiting her. She wanted to refuse him and wait for Aemond, but he was looking a bit too happy speaking to the Velaryon's so she accepted.