The Ball Part 2

*Aemond's POV*

Aemond trained for hours after seeing Vyserra, trying to rid himself of the emotions he was feeling regarding her. The swift journey from elation to rage to elation when he saw Vyserra today was getting to him. 

On his walk back to his rooms he had to admit to himself that he wanted Vyserra and he reckoned she wanted him too. Although he didn't want to rush anything, as Vyserra was widowed and he wasn't even sure on how she felt about that and he didn't want to make her uncomfortable, he knew for sure that he couldn't bare any other man being near her. 

He readied himself for the ball, looking forward to seeing Vyserra and dancing with her. He thought about that and how close they would be. Even that thought was making him hard and he was annoyed at himself for it. Aemond prided himself on control, and he felt like he was losing it.

When he walked into the Ballroom he scanned the room for Vyserra and found her eyes on him. They smirked at each other and she looked away shyly and his stomach flipped. The dress she was wearing was incredible. 

He had no patience through the meal as he stole glances at Vyserra he just wanted to be near her. His impatience meant he wasn't realising how much alcohol he was consuming, and by the time the meal was finished he was quite tipsy. He stood up almost immediately and Corlys cornered him. He saw Vyserra sitting happily and decided not to rudely rejected Corlys attempts at conversation. He introduced him to two young girls, Aemond didn't even remember their names as he was trying to get away so fast.

When he headed back to where Vyserra was she wasn't there. It only took him a second to look and see her dancing with Lancel Beesbury. White hot fury surged through him, the fact he was also a little drunk made Aemond not care about the consequences. He was just about ready to go and rip Lancel Beesbury limb from limb when his mother touched his arm.

"Are you OK my son?" Alicent said, quickly seeing Aemond's face and going to interject.

"I'm fine mother, thank you," this had brought Aemond back to earth. He couldn't cause this kind of scene here, but he knew that this was the last time Lancel would touch Vyserra. As soon as the music stopped Aemond was at Vyserra's elbow.

"Princess, a dance?" Aemond said, more curtly than intended, he didn't even look at Lancel. Vyserra gave him a dazzling smile.

Aemond took Vyserra in his arms, "Are you OK Princess? It seems you have a number one fan," Aemond looked into her eyes, trying to see if she had any feelings for Lancel Beesbury.

"I'm fine, but I wish he'd fuck off, he's like a bad smell," Vyserra said, Aemond laughed and was immediately put at ease and happy. He whirled Vyserra around.

"Careful with that Uncle," Vyserra giggled, "I have had one too many wines it seems."

Aemond laughed, "so have I," he took her closer to him and their bodies were up against one another, his hand on her waist. His eye pierced into hers, "I'm almost lost for words Vyserra, you look unbelievable... like a Queen." Vyserra looked from his eyes down, she had gone incredibly shy and he could see her cheeks turning red.

He put his hand under her chin and made her look back at him, "I don't remember you being this shy Vyserra, what's the matter?" Aemond was looking at her intensely in the eyes, then he looked at her lips. The alcohol meant he didn't realise how inappropriate he was being in the middle of the ball, thankfully most people were too busy to pay them any mind.

"Stop it Uncle!" Vyserra giggled nervously and looked down again, he knew what he was doing and he was trying to make her nervous and it was working.

"Or what?" Aemond teased.

"I will go and dance with my number one fan Lancel, I'm sure he won't purposely try and embarrass me," she mock scowled at him. 

Aemond tightened his grip on Vyserra, "No you will not," he whispered in her ear seriously. "What would you want from him? You could do much better than that Vyserra."

"Of course I don't want Lancel Beesbury," she laughed.

"Who do you want then?" Aemond asked.

Vyserra chose to ignore Aemond's question, he was having too much fun teasing her and making her squirm.

He whispered into her ear, "hundreds of lords and knights showed up to Harrenhal to court your mother twenty something years ago, and she rejected every single one. In favour of her Uncle, mind you. What do you think of that?"