Gifts Part 2

*Aemond POV*

The rest of the afternoon was spent with Vyserra and the puppies, as well as the rest of the court as they were in the public gardens that everyone could visit. Everyone came over to speak, with the guise that they wanted to see the puppies, which may be true for some, but most were just trying to get information about Aemond and Vyserra's relationship.

Aemond was annoyed he didn't plan this elsewhere so he could get Vyserra to herself, as they had to make small talk with the members of the court, but it was worth it to see Vyserra so happy. They also had a visit from Visenya and Robar. Watching Vyserra put Visenya on her knee and play with the puppies was a sight that warmed Aemond's heart, and he knew he was making a good decision. The public display was as good as a formal betrothal, and he knew that question would be coming at the next small council meeting after the tourney. 

Vyserra seemed less anxious with him today, and the presence of friends popping in and out of the conversation helped greatly too, he was starting to think she was scared of him, but it was clear now that she was just nervous.

At one point Lancel Beesbury entered the gardens with a foul look on his face, Aemond was sure to give him a wide smile, at which point Lancel turned and left the gardens, Aemond laughed.

"Oh you're not bullying poor Beesbury again are you?" Vyserra joked, Aemond rolled his eye.

After some hours of happily playing with Vyserra's puppies and desperately wanting to be alone with her, Ser Harrold approached.

"My Prince, the last training for tomorrow's tourney is in 20 minutes," he said, always solemnly. 

"Princess, I will see you on the morrow after the tourney," Aemond said. Vyserra looked crestfallen that he was leaving. Aemond didn't want to leave either.

He kissed her hand when she said goodbye and thanked him for the thousandth time for the puppies.