Aftermath

TW: Some low violence, sex

*Aemond's POV*

Aemond was in the changing rooms about to get ready for the tourney, when Criston Cole entered the room, looking angry and anxious. 

"What Cole?" Aemond said, expecting a death on the jousting field.

"My Prince, Princess Vyserra..." he stumbled on his words.

Aemond was confused, "What?"

"Lancel Beesbury, has her favour," Criston said.

"What?" Aemond was confused, "Lancel Beesbury has Vyserra's favour?" Aemond said it aloud and fury started building in his stomach, "Are you joking, Cole?"

"No, my Prince I'm not, he is jousting now," Cole said, worried about Aemond. His face had gone paler than usual. 

Aemond grimaced and processed what was said for some seconds. "I'M ENTERING THE LISTS, NOW!" he bellowed, stalking outside, anger guiding him.

Criston tried to cut off his path, "Wait, my Prince," Aemond mounted a horse that was waiting outside for another rider, "My Prince! The Princess, he took it..."

Aemond wasn't listening, he spun the horse around and galloping up to the joust. He had heard the caller announce minutes before than Beesbury was awaiting the next challenger.

As he entered, he looked at Vyserra and Beesbury quickly, the favour he had matched her dress. He shouted at the men on the ground, "We go, NOW!" grabbing the lance out of a mans hand and spurring the horse on at a full gallop. He wasn't even thinking as he jousted, too angry to put thoughts together. 

The first two he missed because he wasn't paying enough attention, on the third he hit Beesbury square in the chest and he hoped it killed him. He jumped off the horse, took the favour from Beesbury that he expected would be his today and saw how much effort Vyserra must have put into it. He tenderly put it into his shirt over his heart, momentarily forgetting how angry he was, which lasted only seconds. He couldn't even look at her in the royal box, swung himself back on the horse and galloped up to Vhagar. He wanted to be as far away as possible.

He flew for hours without thinking, all he felt was anger. When it started getting dark and the anger quelled a little, he started to feel pain that he hadn't felt before. He couldn't believe that Vyserra could do that. He took out the favour and looked at it, thinking of her. He couldn't believe it, she had only ever spoken about Beesbury to mock him, or was she just trying to appease her Prince? Because she couldn't say no to the heir to the throne? There was a stab of pain in his stomach as he thought that she might have faked everything, to be Queen? He didn't know. It didn't make sense to him.

He was still angry when he left Vhagar and got back to the castle. He tried to do his nighttime routine, bathing blood off him he didn't realise he had, but he hand been holding onto Vhagar's reins so tightly that he had cut his hands.

He thought of Vyserra and realised she was just doors away, was she with Beesbury? White hot anger penetrated him again and he was taking the secret tunnels to her rooms, he would kill Beesbury on the spot.

He wrapped on the door three times, hard. Moments later Vyserra opened the door, she looked quite ill compared to how he had seen her before.

He pushed passed her, knocking her back, "Where is he?"

"Aemond, what are you..."

"WHERE IS HE?" he looked at Vyserra, and realised she looked terrified, he didn't care in that moment, he was there to kill Beesbury.

He backed her into the corner, "Where is he Vyserra?" he looked into her eyes, which were full of tears.

"You're scaring me, Aemond," she gasped out, he saw she was shaking and this made him take pause. He wouldn't hurt Vyserra, he just wanted Beesbury.