ii.

UNEDITED. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS OR ELSE... lol. Just kidding. But comments are definitely appreciated ❤️

Mel:

I sighed as I smoothed down my dress slacks for today before grabbing my purse. I drank a little bit too much after my self-pleasure last night to drown out the guilt and woke up late. Luckily I had enough time to still follow my morning routine of more self-pleasure before getting up for the day.

I've been single for a while. I dated around, but it never worked out. Men aren't men anymore and women..are just as bad. The last guy I spoke to led me on so bad that I vomited while crying for three days straight which jump started my celibacy journey. He just wanted sex and well..

I gave it to him. What else could I have done?

Maybe not fall in love with his potential when he left you on read for days at a time.

"Avy, come on. You're gonna be late."

"I'm coming!" Avery yelled, her small footsteps coming toward my bedroom. I allowed her to dress herself, my daughter's fashion taste a lot better than mine. I couldn't understand where she got it from, my mother being part of the reason I can't really dress. She always put me in frilly skirts and blouses that made me get made fun of in school.

Now that I'm older, I dress okay, but nothing spectacular. I'm usually in a pair of sweats and an old hoodie when I'm home, and at work I'm in slacks and a blouse half the time that shows my cleavage at most.

My hair is in its usual low bun, my hair in an absolute catastrophic state considering I haven't washed it in a while. It's a mixture of four b and four c, the maintenance being absolutely petrifying sometimes considering I don't really have much of a self care routine.

I mean, I take a shower and brush my teeth. I do the usual exfoliant and moisturizer in the morning or at night, but sometimes I forget.

I'm not perfect.

Avery stood in her yellow sundress and jean jacket, her sandals exposing her small toes that were painted pink with a flower design that matched my toes too. We had gotten them done for her birthday a few weeks ago, hers somehow being maintained while mine chipped away.

"Can I have a bagel, mama?"

"Good morning, yes you can. Cream cheese?"

"Good morning, yes please. Love you."

"Go ahead downstairs, I'll be down in a minute."

I watched as Avery slipped away and I sighed before slumping my shoulders and looking in the mirror. I straightened up and sucked in my stomach a little bit as I tried not to allow my insecurities to get the best of me.

I was a bit on the chubbier side. I didn't really have a butt but I did have some curve to me. My sisters had the perfect bodies but I took after my dad. My shoulders are a bit broad and I have a stomach considering I had a child and eat like I'm still sixteen. It wasn't too bad, but I could definitely look better.

I had a bit of a moon face, but my chin was narrow with a dimple in the center. My lips were full, their light pink shade complimenting my brown skin. I smiled, but let it drop as I frowned into the mirror.

"Get it together, bitch." I huffed as I smoothed down my bun with my hands once more before walking out of the room. I said a little prayer under my breath before walking downstairs and to the kitchen to see Avery on her tablet as she sat at the table. I prepared her breakfast, toasting her bagel and cutting up some fruit on the side for her. I grabbed the Mykonos cream cheese and spread it onto her bagel before placing her plate on the table in front of her.