xiv.

Unedited

Maya;

I angrily kicked a pebble as I walked down the pavement while trying to calm down. I heard the entire conversation between Amelia and Melinda, but I kept my cool until she didn't. It wasn't fair that they think my relationships are their damn business. What the fuck are they arguing about us for?

Yeah I have a past. But I was young, I was a player and I've dedicated myself to changing my ways because I'm an adult and I'm allowed to make my own choices. Casey only knows what she used to see, and for her to ruin my chance with Melinda because she can't keep my name out of her mouth pissed me off.

I immediately started shaking, balling my hands in fists before walking into the gate of my cousins house and banging on her house door. I kept banging until she opened the door and pushed her inside, before punching her in the face.

"What the fùck is wrong with you? Huh?" I spat as she held her face in shock.

"What are you talking-"

"What am I talking about?! You knew how much I liked her and you just ruined it because you can't keep my business out of your fucking mouth!" I yelled back.

"Maya, what the fuck?! So you punch me in the face?!"

"Yes! Because this isn't the first time you talked shit about me and it bit me in the ass! You did it with my father, and now Melinda?!"

"Amelia told you? All I said was for Melinda to be careful and she went off on me this morning because of it!" Casey yelled back before spitting blood into the floor.

"You keep me out your fucking mouth! Now she's mad and thinks I'm some type of player and I just got her! Fuck!"

"I'm sorry! Seriously! I didn't know Amelia was going to go and say anything, it was between us-"

"Yeah, well screw you! You told her you were staying at Aunties house and she was crying so Melinda asked her what was wrong. She's so sweet but so mean at the same time and now you fucked it all up."

"I'll call Amelia, okay? I'm sorry. I'm sorry, seriously! Our argument didn't even start like that. It started off as her joking about a damn threesome and I kind of just..went off. I don't share." Casey stated with an embarrassed tone while looking away.

"Fuck, bro. I don't even know where she lives to go and visit her."

"I do." Casey chuckled, but I looked at her with pleading eyes and she shook her head.

"No. Besides, it's still early in the day. Maybe she's at the luncheon."

"Nah, I don't think so. I think she walked out because Amelia texted me asking if I saw her but I didn't answer." I sighed.

"Alright, come on. This is the least I can do, alright? Just..you didn't have to fucking punch me. You're bigger than me." Casey hissed causing me to chuckle before shaking my head.

"Stop talking shit, you bat."

"I knocked a bunch of times. She's not there." I huffed as I got back into the car. We were in front of Melinda's house and I couldn't help but feel bad. I yelled at her when I could've just simply gave an explanation, but it's frustrating having to keep knocking down the walls she kept building around herself.

We quietly drove back to the office and I hopped out, immediately walking through the parking lot in hopes I'd find her. I looked in every car, even scaring some people who were eating their lunches alone in their front seat.

I walked toward the elevator when I heard sobbing coming from the stairway. I slowly walked over and opened the door to see Melinda crying with her face smushed into her kneecap.

"Melinda-"

"Leave me alone!" She yelled, her voice echoing through the stairway causing me to jump. She was glaring up at me with the most angriest eyes I've ever seen in my life and it genuinely terrified me.

"Melinda, please..I shouldn't have yelled at you and I'm sorry-"

"I don't care. You didn't care when you were screaming at me so fuck this. Fuck you." She spat.

"You know what.." I scoffed before turning around and starting to walk back to the car. It's clear she didn't want to hear what I had to say and I was done fighting so hard.

"Let me..let me fix this." Casey breathed before walking over to the stairway. I leaned against the brick wall across from it as I fought the urge to just go in there and kiss her. She just needed someone to show her what true love and companionship was, and I wanted to be the one to do it so fucking badly.

A few minutes passed and they both walked out of the stairway, Casey winking as she brushed passed me to go find her wife causing me to roll my eyes. I stared at Melinda as she slowly walked toward me with her arms crossed.

"I'm sorry I called you a whore." She whispered.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you and called you insecure."

"You're right, though. I am insecure. I've been hurt too much in my life to let myself keep going through the same cycle. But...I haven't given you much of a chance to show you're different, and then hearing what Amelia said just added to my paranoia. So I'm sorry. It's clear I have a lot to work on." She sighed while looking up at me with those gorgeous cat-like eyes.

"Come here.." I breathed and she sighed and groaned into my chest as I held her to me. I smiled and laid my head on top of hers as I inhaled her perfume and conditioner.

"Come on, let's go back to work okay?"

We walked toward the elevators hand in hand, the doors closing when I was suddenly groped on the ass by Melinda causing her to giggle.

"Sorry."

"You're weird."

"Yeah...you'll see more of that as we move on."

And I'll love every second of it.

We got to our floor and walked through the office, thanking God that we had bullet proof glass so no one heard what was going on between us, which is also how Amelia and Casey get away with public indecency.

"Where's Amelia? I should apologize. I was mean before I left." Mel sighed, but we both looked at each other when we heard a slap and a 'thank you' come from the supply closet. We slowly walked toward it, Melinda covering her mouth in shock from what we heard.

"Yeah, you've been very bad."

"I'm sorry.." Amelia sobbed quietly, moaning as we heard another slap. We slowly cracked the door open and Melinda screamed before running into her office when we saw Amelia bent over with her panties off while Casey spanked her.

"Perverts!" Amelia yelled before throwing her shoe at the door causing me to laugh loudly before shutting the door.

I walked into Melinda's side and shut the door to see her breathing heavily as she stared at her computer. Her face was completely flushed, the same way her face was yesterday before she orgasmed for the fifth time.

"You liked that, huh?" I whispered as I leaned down and placed a kiss on her shoulder.

"Fuck off."