viii.

Unedited

Mel:

The sound of beeping filled my ears and I whimpered, hissing at the sharp pain that rocked through my head. I opened my eyes, the bright lights and two pairs of eyes staring down at me with concern, one of them being watery and red as if they've been crying.

"W-what the hell?" I hissed, sitting up slowly. I looked around and saw it was just Amelia and Maya and I licked my dry lips.

"Oh you're okay! I was so worried about you!" Amelia sobbed as she hugged me to her, my face squashed in her breasts as she held me to her.

"Amelia! Let go of her, your big ass titties are suffocating her!" Maya hissed. I giggled lowly, Amelia slowly moving me away from her body as her face flushed red in embarrassment.

"Why are you here?" I asked as I looked over at Maya who rolled her eyes.

"I stopped you from getting internal bleeding. You nearly busted your head open from passing out."

"Oh-"

"Why are you starving yourself?! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Amelia hissed as she slapped my shoulder causing me to groan in pain.

"What are you talking about?"

"The doctors said you're malnourished. They have you on a damn feeding tube. I should beat your sexy ass up-"

"Amelia! Jesus!" Maya hissed causing Amelia to suck her teeth.

"Don't make me call Casey-"

"No! No, okay I'm sorry." Amelia pleaded, looking at Maya who just smirked.

"Does she spank you or something? Jesus.." I muttered causing Amelia to turn as red as a tomato causing Maya to laugh loudly, tongue out and all.

"Nasty bitch-"

"Shut the fuck up, you're giving me a headache." I moaned as I rubbed my temples. I wanted nothing more than to go home and watch bad girls club, but instead I was here being lusted over by two idiots.

"Aw my sweetie pie!" Amelia whined as she climbed on the bed and gave me a hug. Maya looked at me with wide eyes and I shrugged as I slowly hugged Amelia back.

"You deserve to eat! Don't ever think you have to starve yourself! You're so beautiful if I wasn't married I'd be all over you like white on rice! Oh, my friends are poly! Maybe we can-"

"No thank you, Mrs. White. Seriously...I'm getting a little uncomfortable."

"Oh! Oh dear, I'm so sorry."

"It's..okay. Can I please just tell the doctor I'm fine so I can leave? We have a lot of work to do."

"Do you possibly think I'm going to let you go back to work after I thought you died?!" Amelia shouted causing me to groan as I held my head.

"Amelia! Inside voices! She's hurt!" Maya hissed quietly. Amelia let out a grunt as she glared at Maya who stuck her tongue out.

"I'm fine. I'll eat, can I please just go back to work? I have to go get my daughter soon so I would like to get some work done."

"Fine."

I was discharged and now in the car with both Amelia and Maya who continued to bicker back and forth about what we should eat for lunch. I just wanted both of them to shut up. I was so annoyed with everything and I knew it was because I was hungry and embarrassed.

"Darling, what do you have an inclining for?" Amelia asked as she reached back and touched my thigh. I resisted the urge to bite her, glaring at her glistening wedding ring.

"For you to stop touching me."

"She's so feisty and expects me to not want her. Jesus, take the wheel." Amelia mumbled causing Maya to suck her teeth.

"She's mine-"

"Okay! Enough! Damn it! Im for neither one of you! Amelia, I am your employee! Enough with the damn jokes! Maya, I don't fùcking know you! Now can we PLEASE stop?!" I yelled, causing Amelia to stop the car, both of them looking at me in shock. I was panting from anger, but as I calmed down I suddenly felt bad as both of them continued to stare at me with worry.

"I-im sorry, I was just joking but you're right-"

"No, no im sorry. I just...I haven't gotten much sleep and im hungry, okay? Im sorry. Don't fire me." I whimpered, Amelia shaking her head abruptly.

"No, absolutely not. I am being a bit immature here. My wife knows I have a little crush on you, I talk about you all the time."

"No wonder she spanks you.." Maya muttered causing me to blush and cover my mouth as I laughed. Amelia sucked her teeth causing me to laugh harder, Maya staring at me with a wide smile.

Don't look at me like that.

"Some halal, maybe." I suddenly stated causing Amelia to squeal, before pulling into the Halal Guys parking lot. She hopped out of the car, opening the door for me and holding her hand out causing Maya to glare at her like a spoiled child. I sighed and grabbed her hand, my heels clicking on the ground as I slowly stood up straight.

"Let's get some food in you, pretty girl."

"Is anything else needed before I go?" I asked as I knocked on Amelia's door. She looked up at me through her glasses and smiled as she shook her head. The rest of the afternoon was quiet. I ignored Maya's banter until she got the hint and actually got some work done before leaving for the day. Her efforts were cute, but I just wasn't in the mood for a repeat of yesterday.

"No, ma'am. I did, however, want to apologize for my behavior today. It was very inappropriate-"

"No, no it's an honor to know that you like me that much because you don't..really like people..I was just cranky, but I feel better. You and Maya are kind of-"

"Fun? Sexy? A turn on?"

"Amelia."

"I'm sorry."

"I was going to say..funny. I laughed for the first time in a while and it felt nice to feel appreciated. So thank you. Have a goodnight." I breathed, before turning around and walking to the elevator. I heard heels rushing toward me and before I could step in, arms wrapped around my waist and warmth took over me.

"You are so appreciated. Don't ever think you aren't, and give Maya a chance. She really likes you."

"Thank you. I'll think about it okay?" I breathed as I twisted around and hugged her back before walking into the elevator, giving her a wave when I noticed that she had tears streaming down her face as she waved back.

Jesus.

I walked to my car, rolling my eyes as I saw Maya standing against it. She wasn't in her work clothes anymore, instead in a pair of jeans and a v neck shirt that held her abs greatly. She was smiling as she held another set of flowers causing me to groan.

"Can you bother me tomorrow? I have to go pick up my daughter."

"I didn't want to wait until tomorrow. If I did, I would've."

"You and your cousin in law really don't know boundaries."

"Duh. It's why we get along."

"Get along? That's what that is?" We both chuckled at my response, her beautiful dark eyes melting into mine as she licked her lips.

"She was my ex. I broke up with her a few months back and she just won't quit. But I handled it, yesterday. Trust me, you won't see her around."

"And how can I believe you?" I asked. She stepped forward, handing me the flowers before touching my hand softly.

"Because I don't ever put in this much effort unless I plan to take care of what I'm fighting for. Think about it, alright? I'll see you tomorrow, beautiful. And I'm bringing breakfast."