xii.

Smut warning. I want COMMENTS u whòres.

Unedited

Mel:

"I can't believe you have me here on a Tuesday night." I chuckled as we sat down in the booth. It was surprisingly pretty crowded in here, but we managed to get a seat in the back by the tvs where they were airing family guy.

"It's jumpin in here, too. The tacos are good?" Maya asked and I nodded.

"They have birria, brisket tacos, regular tacos, nachos-"

"And you haven't brought Amelia here yet?"

"Hell no. If she knew about this place she'd become the owner and it probably won't be as good considering she'll fire everyone." We both laughed at my statement and started to order our first round of margaritas. I was a sucker for margaritas, especially because of the salt rim that complimented the agave based drink.

"I'll get the sample special, with a side of nachos and queso blanco." I ordered before looking at Maya who asked for the same before sitting back and shooting me a smile.

"21 questions?"

"What am I, 12?"

"No, but how old are you anyway?" She asked causing me to smirk.

"I'm twenty four. You?"

"Oh you're young." Maya chuckled causing me to shoot her a look.

"Well, how old are you?"

"I'm twenty seven."

"Huh. I thought you were younger than me for some reason." I chuckled causing her to roll her eyes and sip her drink.

"You like them young?"

"I don't even like them, period. Don't start." She laughed at my response before nodding causing me to giggle while sipping my drink. This went on for some time, the laughter between us completely organic and something that I was actually enjoying without forcing myself.

"Mm, this is like our third round of drinks. How are you feeling?" Maya asked as she analyzed my face. I felt flushed and warm, my smile permanent and my body heated from the tequila.

"I'm good. You?"

"Perfect." She responded back as she stared down at my lips. Our kiss from earlier flooded my mind and I swallowed hard as Amelia's voice echoed through my mind.

Just try.

"Do you want to have a night cap?" I asked quietly. Maya nodded with a smirk as she licked her lips while her intoxicated eyes found mine.

"We can go to my place. I have a few bottles that I can't finish alone."

"Alright."

"You made all of these?" I asked as I looked around the living room. It was calm, her apartment being a lot bigger than I expected based on the outside. She had paintings all over the walls, some of her brothers, and another of a man who was painted with multiple colors.

"Yes. That painting is of my father. I used pointillism, smaller images from my childhood being the base."

"So you used other pictures to create this painting?" I asked while looking over at her. She nodded and smiled, stepping to the side so I can get a closer look. The more I observed, the more I saw the tiny photos causing me to gasp in amazement.

"You are extremely talented. Wow.."

"Means a lot coming from you." She breathed as she stepped toward me. I blushed and smiled softly, my eyes fluttering closed as she leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.