Chapter 25: Job Offer

Mavis wakes up as she sits up and stretches she hears her phone ring she grabs it and presses the 'Answer' button "Hello" she said the voice on the phone replies "Hello Mrs. Johnston my name is Berry Gordy and I was wondering if you can come by my office" Mavis's eyes opened wide as she smiles and says "Of course Mr. Gordy" he chuckles "Alright see you in 5 minutes" Mavis looks at the clock and sees that it was only 5 am she says goodbye and hangs up the phone she gets up and slides on an outfit and high heels she grabs her phone and purse then walks out of the house into the limo as it drives off. The limo then parks in front of Berry's office Mavis slides out of the limo and walks into the room she greets him and sits down "Thank you" he said she nods her head as they began to chat "I want to offer you a job as a singer" Mavis smiles and replies "Thank you I would be glad to accept" Berry looks at her then he smiles back at her "Don't you and Mr. Jackson live together" he asks she looks down and replies with a calm tone "Yes he lives with me and my husband" she suddenly hears the door close behind her she turns and sees Michael standing there he smiles and greets Berry "Michael we were just talking about" Berry said as he shakes his hand and offers him to sit down next Mavis Michael turns and sees her she quickly looks away then looks back up at Berry.