chapter two.

(marinette; 1st person)

Alya is in our dorm, frantically cleaning. She makes my bed as I vacuum the carpet. She looks stressed.

"Marinette, can you order the pizzas? I want them to be hot by the time our friends get here." she says, "OH! I nearly forgot, Nino's dormmate Adrien is coming with him."

My eyes widen. "Adrien, Adrien Agreste?" I ask.

"Yeah, can you believe Paris's beloved supermodel is coming to our dorm, so crazy." she says, while tying her hair up into a bun.

"Remember, I have patrol with Cat Noir tonight so I can't-" I start to say, "Stay to late, yeah yeah. Marinette, you realize it's been over a year since you told me your secret. I know the drill girl." she says, laughing.

Tikki flies out of her little bed I made for her on my nightstand, "Don't worry Marinette! Patrol is on schedule! It's always going to be the easiest job as a superhero!" she says, in her squeaky, yet comforting voice.

"Thanks Tikki." I say, she nods while making her little bed. "Can't be messy." she says to herself, as she fluffs her miniature pillows.

"Alya, why does Adrien Agreste go to this college? I thought he was a supermodel?" I ask, as I put on a black sweater.

"I don't know, Marinette." she says. She walks over and pulls a few strands of baby hairs from her hair.

I look in the mirror, putting my long hair over my shoulders, feeling the softness of my freshly washed hair. I grab a little bit of lip-gloss and dab it on my lips.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"There's no way it's already time?" I say, checking my watch. --18:56-- "Alya! It's 18:56!"

"Oh, shoot." she says, whilst she runs over and swing opens the door. "Oh! Hi Nino, hi Adrien!" she greets them, giving Nino a kiss on the cheek. He smiles to her, "Hey Alya!" he greets his beloved.

I see the familiar blonde behind Nino, he was looking around our room, curiously. "Hi. Adrien." I hear Alya greet him. "Oh, hey Alya." he says back.

"Oh, Adrien! This is Marinette!" Alya introduces me. "Hi." I say to him, giving him a slight smile.

"Oh, it's you again!" Adrien says. Alya looks to Adrien, confused. "Oh yeah! Silly me, sorry again for ramming into you this morning." I begin to stammer.

"Don't worry about it, seriously it's fine." he says, chuckling a little.

We all hear another knock, seeing a girl holding our pizzas. Alya quickly gets out some money and hands it to her, taking the boxes. The smell of pizza fills the room, my mouth nearly waters.

"We should wait until the others get here." I say, trying to ignore how delicious the pizza smells. "Yeah, probably." Adrien says.

Nino looks at Alya, while eyeing Adrien and I. Alya snickers while whispering in Nino's ear. I give her a confused look, "How about we all sit down?" Nino says.

"Okay." I say, taking a seat by Alya, whilst Adrien sits next to Nino. I have a tiny conversation with Nino, asking him how his classes are going. "So, Adrien." Alya says, Adrien looks up to Alya, "What are you majoring in?" she asks.

"Oh, photography." he says, "I may be a model, but I prefer taking pictures rather than being in them."

*KNOCK KNOCK*

We all instantly stop talking and I get up to answer the door. "Marinette! I forgot to tell you-" Alya starts, but when I open the door, I'm shocked to see who it is."

"Luka?" I say. "Hey, Marinette." he says, smiling towards me. Instantly, I feel sadness go through my chest. My first boyfriend, Luka Couffaine was right in front of me. Our last day together ran through my head.

-flashback-

(third person)

"Master Fu! Please! I promise I won't tell him about me being Ladybug!" Marinette begged, nearly falling to her knees, she couldn't possibly lose Luka.

"No Marinette, it is too dangerous to have a boyfriend while being Ladybug. Not only will it put you in danger, but him as well." Master Fu said, remembering his love.

Marinette instantly cried, not wanting to be a reason Luka got hurt, she didn't want him to have a target on his back incase word got out Ladybug had a boyfriend.

"Okay, I'll let Luka go." Marinette said, wiping a tear from her eye.

She left Master Fu's house, dreading the reaction on Luka's face. She went to his houseboat, "Luka?" she said, looking around the house for him.

"Hey, Marinette!" he says, walking behind her. He kisses her cheek, a light blush going on her cheeks. The blush went away as she remembered what she was there for. "Can we talk, somewhere private?" she asks.

His mind went blank, nervousness hit him hard. "S-sure Marinette, let's go." he says, leading her to his bedroom.

"Okay, Luka." Marinette started, "I want you to know, this is a personal choice, I have decided. It's not your fault, it's mine." she says, her voice shaking a bit.

"Marinette, it's okay, just tell me." he says.

"I, I want to break up." she says, nearly bursting out in tears as the words came out of her mouth. Guilt filled her chest as Luka's eyes became glossy.

"No, Marinette. Please." Luka begs, "I'll be better, please."

"Luka, I'm sorry, I'm not the one for you." Marinette says, her voice cracking. The familiar feeling of her throat hurting from holding back a sob.

"No, Marinette! Please, you're the only person I want. I don't want any other girl!" he says, tears flowing out of his eyes.

"Luka, please. Don't make this any harder than it already is." Marinette says.

He goes quiet. He looks at Marinette, the most beautiful girl he had ever laid his eyes on. "Marinette. I won't pry, I just, I didn't expect this." Luka says.

"I know, Luka. I know." she says, "Can I have one last hug?"

"Of course." Luka says, she quickly wraps her arms around his waist, he holds onto her, not ever wanting to let her go.

Once they pull away, Marinette can't stop her tears. "Well, then. Goodbye Luka." she says, wiping her tears away with her shirt.

"Bye, Marinette." he says, trying to admire her as she walks out of his room.

--

Marinette got to the bakery, saying hi to her parents and running up to her room. She crawled up to her bed and cried, all night. She saw things that reminded her of Luka, and it made her sick.

--

(present day)

(first person)

"Luka! I didn't know you went to this university!" I say. His face matured, his hair was still the same color. "Yep." he said.

Then, our other friends Juleka and Rose came, hand in hand into our dorm. "I hope we aren't late!" Rose says.

"Nope! Right on time!" I say.

Our night was filled with laughter, and conversations until it was time for my nightly patrol. "I have to get going." I say.

"Oh, me too." Adrien says.

"Bye everyone! It was nice to meet you all." Adrien says.

Adrien leaves, I walk over and grab my bag, holding it open so Tikki would fly in it without anyone seeing. "Well, bye guys! Have fun." I say, quickly leaving.

"Bye!" everyone says. I meet eyes with Luka one last time.

---