chapter ten

(adrien's pov)

"Plagg! Be quiet! I don't know when Nino is going to come back!" I say, swatting at my Kwami.

"Chillax Adrien! I'm not gonna get caught. Your such a baby." Plagg says, flying around the walls.

"Plagg, stop." I roll my eyes, he finally stops, out of breath. "I need- cheese." he says, I walk over to the mini-fridge, preparing my nostrils for the awful smell.

I open it, grab a piece of cheese, and slam it closed, hearing the tins of cheese rattle. I throw the piece of camembert at him. He happily eats it, savoring every bite.

"Plagg, can you believe the amazing date I had with Marinette?" I say, still in disbelief she said yes.

"I know you two went on a date, Adrien. I was there!" he yells, a stink coming from his mouth as he practically devours the camembert.

"Close your mouth!" I say, pinching my nose.

He rolls his eyes, while happily eating the cheese. I hear my door being unlocked, "Plagg, go!" I whisper-yelled as my Kwami flew under my pillows.

"Hey dude!" Nino says, putting his bag down by the door, kicking off his shoes. "Hey Nino, how was your class?" I ask, peeking at my pillows.

"Ah, the usual." he says, as he opens the closet, Marinette's scarf falling out. My eyes widen.

"Who's scarf is this?" Nino asks, holding it up. I take in a sharp breath. "Wait, is this Marinette's?"

"Uhm.. Yes, but I was going to return it to her!" I say, freaking out in my head.

"How did you get it?" he asks, holding the scarf up.

"Well! We were at the café near the girls dorms, and I saw her there and we chatted for a while, then an akuma struck and she ran off, leaving it!" I swiftly lie to him, feeling guilty.

"Oh, alright dude. Here." he says, handing me the scarf, laughing. "You looked scared for a moment, I thought you were a stalker."

"Nope, definitely not stalking. That's weird." I say, rolling my eyes, tossing the scarf near my pillows.

"Also, I'm going on a date with Alya, so I'm not gonna be home until later. I'm leaving soon." he says, turning back to our closet, digging around looking for clothes, in a hurried panic.

"When do you have to go?" I ask, watching his panicky movements as he struggled to put an outfit together.

"Ten minutes.." he says, sighing heavily, "It's a fancy date! It's our two year anniversary today."

"Oh, move out of the way!" I say, moving him aside. I get to my side of the closet, getting an original design from my fathers clothing line. "Try this on." I say, the black tux in my hands.

"Awesome!" Nino says, I got on my phone as he changed hurriedly. "Are you sure I can wear this?" he asks.

"I don't mind, go ahead Nino." I say, he looks relieved. "Thanks man, hey I gotta run. Bye dude!" he says, running out the door.

"Bye Nin-" I say, interrupted by the door slamming shut. I sigh, wishing I could relive my date with Marinette. I barely know her, but it feels like I've known her forever.

I sit in my bed and ponder about the date for awhile, thinking how her eyes were shining brighter than the moon and the stars.

--

(marinette's pov)

I sit at my old desk, making Tikki new hats. My dusty computer sits, having been untouched for months. Tikki stares at herself in the compact mirror we had left here, admiring her favorite straw hat. "Marinette you're so talented!" she says, smiling to herself.

"Tikki, what do you think about Cat Noir and I?" I ask, hoping for an honest answer.

"I think it's natural, it's happened to other holders, I think." she says, "I don't know if it was love, us Kwamis can't fall in love, as I've said before."

"What do you mean, it's happened to other holders?" I ask, trying to imagine past holders in my mind.

"Well, past Ladybug and Cat Noirs have flirted, dated, and got married. But once they had gotten married, they gave us up to start a new chapter." Tikki says, looking disappointed.

"I'm sorry Tikki. You have me, and I'm definitely not going anywhere anytime soon." I say, smiling to her. She flies onto my shoulder, observing me make her new hats. "I think I'm going to make you a beanie."

"Make sure it's red and black!" she says, watching me pull out my wool fabric.

"Anything for you, Tikki." I say, pulling out my sketchbook, starting to do a mini-sketch, she corrects things she wants for it.

*BOOM* *BOOM*

I get up, my instincts kicking in. I hear screams, running, and doors slamming downstairs, murmuring from my parents to help nearby Parisians.

Tikki and I look to each other, "Tikki, Spots on." I say, running up the steps and out my door. I yo-yo away to find the trouble.

--

(marinettes pov)

Cat Noir and I meet at our spot, discussing the plan to defeat the villain, per usual.

"I AM WICKED LOVER!" the lady says, her black leather suit with hearts all over it, I roll my eyes at the sight of the horrendous suit. "Another love villain huh? They can't resist me." Cat Noir says. I cross my arms, is this really the boy I went on a date with last night?

"Cat Noir! Be serious for once!" I shouted, swinging her yo-yo to Wicked Lover. She hadn't noticed her power yet, seeing Parisians not fearing her, but whispering names to them.

Wicked Love smirked, saying two names and then Ladybug saw a man run up to a girl with flowers, begging her to love him. Ladybug sneakily ran behind a wall, texting Cat Noir what she's doing.

*bing!*

I get startled by the noise, then I realize what the noise was, I saw Cat Noir's staff light up, while he was near Wicked Lover.

Oh, shit.

"Well well, look who we have here." Wicked Lover said, her words making me nervous for what's going to happen.

~~~~~~~~