chapter fourteen.

TW: MENTIONS OF ALCOHOL AND THROWING UP.

----

(friday)

(19:45)

(alya and marinette's dorm)

(adrien's pov)

--

Nino and I stood at the girl's dorms. I took a deep breath, as I softly knocked at the door. Marinette instantly opened the door. I saw her, my heart was practically beating out of my chest, my palms suddenly got sweaty.

I quickly observed her outfit as she invited us in, Nino went to talk to Alya, who was currently putting in orange earrings. "Oh, hi Adrien!" Alya greeted me.

"Hi." I say, I look at Marinette's shoes, seeing the familiarity. "Marinette, your shoes are incredible! What kind are those?" I ask, curiously.

"Vivienne Westwood, I love looking at old shoes. I had to snatch these off the shelf!" she says, admiring them. A twinkle in her eyes.

"Well, we are running a little late, lets leave, shall we?" I ask, Marinette puts on a white jacket. "Let's go first, Nino and Alya are just gonna be little chatterboxes."

"O-Okay, let's go." I say, she smiles as I let her go in front of me whilst we walk. I hear loud music, we follow the sound and once we get near, we can smell the alcohol from outside.

"Wooo, that smell is awfully strong, I think I'm drunk from the fumes!" Marinette laughed.

"Yeah, woosh." I say, fanning my face to get fresh air. "What, can't handle it, model boy?" she says, laughing at me. She playfully hit my shoulder.

I felt different when she had touched my shoulder, it was almost as if the world had paused, and the earth shifted on it's axis. It was as if I became the earth and she became the sun.

I must have zoned out, because I saw her fingers go over my eyes, and I distantly heard her say my name. "Huh?" I said.

"Almost lost you there!" she says, "Come on, Alya and Nino are coming now!"

I see Alya and Nino holding hands, smiling. Marinette signaled them to come over here. I look at the large house with disco lights coming out of it. I prepared my brain, taking a deep breath once again.

I wave and smile, we all talk outside for awhile. "Ugh! Why are we all standing here when there's a huge party in there?" Alya groans, I laugh. Nino rolls his eyes, "Let's go party!" Marinette exclaimed.

--

--22:34--

(third person)

Marinette took shot after shot, the pressure of being in college, a dreamer, and a superhero was all breaking her quickly. She needed to relieve her stress, she knew alcohol wasn't a great solution.

She thought about not drinking, she really didn't think it was a good idea. As soon as the first shot burned her throat and went through her bloodstream, she completely hit that thought away.

All she was doing was dancing, playing beer pong, grinding on random guys. She wasn't herself, she was confident, she was brave. She was Ladybug without a suit, and drunk.

She was so intoxicated, she couldn't speak properly, she couldn't see straight. She walked crooked. She was dancing sloppy, her dress was riding up her legs.

Adrien drank less than Marinette, he was drunk, but not as drunk as her. He watched as Marinette took shot after shot, solo cup after solo cup.

He felt weird. He was looking at Marinette dance, she was talking to guys, smiling. Once they made a move, she pushed them off. Her words jumbled as she shoved them away.