chapter twenty-nine

-marinette-
    -agreste mansion-
           -21:30-
-
I got my prescription shortly after the doctor gave me the green light. I was off of bed rest.

Adrien and I laid down, he was the big spoon. His warm arms wrapped gently around my waist as the TV was on quietly across the room.

I hear the faint singing from the Disney movie playing. The calm night put me at ease. Felix and Amilie should arrive late tomorrow, meaning Adrien and I have all day tomorrow to tidy up this mess of a mansion.

I felt my eyes slowly drift off to sleep, I heard Adrien murmur a "good night.".
-
                        -marinette's dreams-
—                                                                                   —
    —                                                                         —
          — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

I hear the thunderclap behind me, I feel the familiar sensation of deja-vu strike my mind. I was standing in front of Gabriel Agreste.

Alongside him, was the love of my life. But no, this wasn't the love of my life, it was the opposite. He was in a white suit, a white bell, blue eyes, and white hair.

The look in his eyes was enough to make me freeze, he stared at me intensely. He often eyed my earrings. "Just hand them over, for me?" his voice was raspy. It sounded like he had just cried.

I wanted to. But I wanted to know his wish. Just knowing he was so desperate for it, what he wanted so very badly was making my heart hurt.

I fought back tears, it felt so real. I was paralyzed with fear, I couldn't think straight anymore. Until I realized it wasn't my mind preventing me.

I was paralyzed. I currently wasn't standing up anymore, I was stuck in my wheelchair. I saw them both approaching me, "Help!" I shouted, I couldn't stop shouting.

I felt their hands on my ears, taking my earrings. "Marinette! Marinette!" I heard distantly.

My eyes shot open, my eyes filling with tears. I was holding back a sob as Adrien held me, shushing me dearly.

"Hey, hey. Shh, shh, I got you. Love don't cry." his raspy voice said. I faced him, hugging him as tight as I could. I bawled in his arms, he was gently rocking me back and forth.

"Don't cry, what happened?" he asked, attempting to pry me from his arms.

"I- I had a horrible dream," I said, in between sobs. "Hey, it was just a dream. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," he murmured in my ear.

"Y-you, you and your dad were there. I couldn't move, all I could do was h-helplessly shout f-for help." I said, my sobs making me try to talk.

"Hey, shh. He's never gonna hurt you again."

"It felt so real." I shuddered. "It wasn't, I promise it wasn't real," he said, putting his hand in my hair, gently massaging my scalp.

"What else happened?" he asked.

"Y-you, you and your dad were grabbing my earrings. But, you weren't you. You were akumatized." I cried.

He didn't say anything. He just rocked me back and forth. "Hey, how about we just go downstairs and watch TV on the big screen? We can cuddle for however long you'd like," he said, I nodded.

"That sounds nice," I said, wiping my tears away. He kissed my red cheeks, "What time is it?"

"Oh, it's 04:20," he said,  I yawned and got out of bed. I realized we forgot to pick up the Kwami's yesterday. I picked up my phone, dialing my mom's phone.