chapter thirteen

(marinette pov)

I knock on my dorm door, feeling regretful of my actions. Alya opens it, and starts apologizing. "Ah ah, don't apologize. Let me. Alya, I'm sorry for being a jerk." I say, "Where's Nino and Adrien?" I ask, looking around the dorm room.

"They left a few minutes after you did. Adrien said he needed to go do homework anyways, and Nino felt bad for coming so late." Alya says, making me come inside the dorm room. She looks at me, my swollen eyes are aching as she hugs me tight.

I'm filled with joy for a few moments, a genuine hug from my most genuine friend. I feel warm and safe as she hugs me, a comfort I haven't felt since I was in high school. 

She lets go, "Marinette, I'll ask before I invite the guys over, okay?" she says, smiling. "Thanks Alya, I appreciate it." I say, before walking over and jumping on my bed, Tikki flying out.

"Goodnight." Tikki says, with a little attitude. "Night Tikki!" I say, giving her a little kiss on her forehead, she giggles. 

I yawn, getting under my covers. "Alya, I think I'm going to sleep too, I'm exhausted." I say, my eyes forcing themselves closed. 

"Me too, night Marinette." she says, clapping her hands. The room is filled with darkness, except for one little light. I'm scared of the complete dark. 

~~

(marinette's pov)

I woke up, in a dazy mindset. I sit up slowly in my room, seeing Alya was gone. I stretch my arms and look on my bedside table, seeing the time. 

--12:09--

I instantly jump right out of my bed, shaking off any tiring thoughts. I throw my closest pair of jeans on. I panic, as the day was clearly going on all around me, the buzzing of people in the dorms.

I hear the showers on, I look at my dirty hair. I sigh heavily as I throw my pajama shirt off, running to my closet, putting on a pink top. I throw up my hair in the worlds messiest ponytail, my hair spiraling everywhere as I run out the door. 

As I'm once again, running through the campus like I did weeks ago, I feel like I'm reliving my life. I don't ram anyone with my head this time though. 

I make it to my class, 10 minutes late. I find a seat and sit down, as I yawn. How did I sleep so long?

-

(café)

(third person pov)

Adrien sat in his favorite booth in his favorite place. It was his favorite time of day, with his most beloved book, he also had his headphones which happened to be playing his most favorite piano piece.

It would have seemed to be the most perfect day, right?

Wrong. 

Adrien had felt there was something missing, what could've been missing? It was a beautiful autumn day, barely any students in the café. Nobody was bothering Adrien. So what could have POSSIBLY been missing.

Adrien wondered this as he sat in the booth. He looked out the window in thought, but as he wondered, deep down in his heart, he knew. He knew the thing missing was his most cherished person.

That cherished person of course, was his very close friend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Adrien had not yet realized how dear Marinette was to him, not yet. 

Adrien was so lost in thought, he shook away these crazy confusions and went back to his book, relaxing as he was so deep in interest of this book. 

-

(marinette's dorm)

(third person)

Alya walks in, as Marinette was organizing their closet. "Hey girl!" she says, holding a few shopping bags. 

"Woah! Did you and Nino go shopping again?" Marinette asks, as she's folding a few blouses. "Nah, but I went shopping by myself!" Alya says, pulling out 5 different short dresses. 

"Alya! What's the occasion?" Marinette asked, she then realized there was 2 dresses, that weren't Alya's size. They were Marinette's. 

"Well, there is a fun college party at the sorority house this Friday, and I want my very best friend to come with me!" Alya says, throwing the navy blue dress at Marinette. "I bought two options, the navy and the maroon."

"I'll take the, uh, navy." Marinette says, holding the small, tight looking dress in her hands. She gently throws it to her messy desk where she makes her designs. 

Alya holds her dark orange dress, smiling in pride. She lays it down on her bed, straightening the dress out. "This costed 35 euros." she said, rolling her eyes a little.

"That's an okay deal." Marinette shrugged. "Alya what if I'm busy on Friday?" she asked.

"You're not." Alya said, folding the shopping bags, and putting them under her bed.

"How do you know?" Marinette said, closing the closet door, the mirrors on the closet doors jiggling. 

"Cause I happen to be your best friend, which means you're not busy." Alya said, smiling. 

"Fine, I'm not busy." Marinette said, walking and sitting on her bed. She looked to the navy dress, smirking a bit. Feeling a little excited for the party. 

-

(adrien and nino's dorm)

(third person)

Nino basically ran into his dorm when Alya had informed him of the party. He of course had to invite his best bud. 

He opened the dorm door, seeing Adrien on his laptop. "Hey! Adrien, guess what?" Nino said, as he walked into their shared room. 

"What's up?" Adrien asked, closing his computer lid. "This Friday night, there's a huge party! Alya and Marinett-" Nino said. Adrien interrupted him as he heard Marinette's name being thrown into the conversation.

"What time?" Adrien asked, not caring if he had plans, he would simply cancel them. "Uh, 20:00." Nino said, confused. Usually Adrien says no to little parties.

"I'll be there." Adrien said, smiling.

Nino smiled, "Awesome! Hey, let's be gentlemen and pick up the girls on our way to the party!" he said. 

"Of course, we need to find outfits, what do people wear at these parties?" Adrien asked, putting his laptop down and throwing his blanket off of himself. 

He walked over to his dresser, taking neatly folded designer clothes out of the drawers. Nino's eyes were nearly bulging out of his head as he saw the Gucci logos, Gabriel Agreste Brand logos, Louis Vuitton, the list of brands he had was long.

"Dude, why are you so casual about fancy things. You're the coolest guy I know!" Nino exclaims, walking over to see the clothes.

"Thanks man." Adrien said, they continued to look through Adrien's clothes, chatting about what they should wear. 

--------------

a/n

filler chap.. i'm gonna write 14 soon. hard to type w/ nails >:(