chapter twenty-five

(third person)
(master fu's house)

"Master Fu, how are you?" Marinette greeted the guardian as she walked into his home.

"Ah, Marinette," he said. His face looked concerned as he looked at her. She had been visiting him more recently. "I am not well."

"What's wrong?" she asked, sitting next to him, "I am fine, health-wise. But Marinette, Paris is in danger," he warned her.

"Danger? What sort of danger?" she asked, her eyes widened in shock. Tikki flew out of her purse, "Oh, no! Did she visit you?" the Kwami asked in dismay.

"Yes Tikki, I'm afraid she has visited me. She, well, she is here." Master Fu said, looking towards his roof.

"Who?" Marinette asked, looking at Tikki.

"Bunnyx." Master Fu said, before Tikki. Marinette looked confused, she wondered who Bunnyx was, a superhero no doubt.

"You should go meet her, Marinette. Though, you know her well." Master Fu said. Marinette was dumbfounded for a second. She got up from where she was sitting, hesitantly walking to the entrance to Master Fu's roof.

Marinette urged Tikki to come along, but Tikki refused, her excuse was she wanted to speak with Master Fu.

She finally went up on the roof, seeing a superhero. "Hello," Marinette spoke, causing the superhero to turn around swiftly. "Little Bug!" she shouted, running over to hug Marinette tightly.

Marinette felt confused as this stranger hugged her, she hesitated to hug her back.

"You're Bunnyx I suppose?" Marinette asked, nervous as the superhero pulled away.

"I am. I know you're Ladybug." Bunnyx said, winking.

Marinette was flabbergasted, "What? Did Master Fu tell you?"

"Yep," Bunnyx said, "And I know, about you and Cat Noir."

Marinette gulped. "You- How- What?"

"I can see the future, past, present. Come to my burrow," she said, opening up a portal.

They stepped into the burrow, Marinette was astonished, admiring the room. She didn't know what this was.

"So, how did you receive your miraculous?" Marinette asked as Bunnyx was searching around for something.

"I was, well. I was at the museum, looking around at artifacts. I was only fifteen at the time you know. I saw this old man, he had come to me, he told me my heirloom was important. That's when he led me here and gave me the miraculous." Bunnyx explained.

Marinette looked intrigued. "So, you knew about Shadow-moth? You know about everything that's bound to happen?"

Bunnyx led her out of the burrow as they chatted. The sun began to go down, the sunset looking somehow sad.

"Yep. It's pretty, well, let's just say Paris is in danger." Bunnyx said. "You need to take the miracle box."

"What? Me?" Marinette said, then Master Fu came up to the roof, holding the box. "Marinette, it's time," he said, with a glimmer of sadness in his eyes.

"No. I can't!" Marinette refused. "Come on, Marinette." Tikki insisted.

"Marinette, trust me. You're gonna wanna take it." Bunnyx said, eyeing the box.

"Master Fu, please! What if I'm not ready?" Marinette said, tears in her eyes.

"We're never ready, Marinette." Master Fu said, Tikki looked sad as Master Fu started to mouth the words. "I renounce my guardianship and give the miracle box to Marinette Dupain-Cheng!"