chapter thirty

(agreste mansion)
(mari)
-

"I see a car pulling up!" Adrien said, I quickly ran down the stairs as he stared out the window. A black car drove up, and two sophisticated people got out of it.

I quickly fix my posture, and Adrien walks over to the front door. I stood behind him, nervous to properly meet his aunt and cousin.

Adrien opened the door, his aunt and cousin standing there. "Ah! Aunt Amilie, Felix!" Adrien said joyfully.

"Hello, Adrien," Felix said coldly. His aunt's eyes lit up when she saw him, she hugged him. "I heard about the superhero ordeal."

"Ha, yes," Adrien said, I smiled. "Hello, Ms. Amilie," I said. She gasped, "Oh, you're out of that wheelchair! Hello!" she let go of Adrien, rushing over to engulf me in a hug.

"And, please call me Amilie," she said whilst hugging me. "Oh, okay," I said. She let go of the sweet hug. "Well, show Felix and me our rooms," Amilie said to Adrien. He nodded, "Follow me!"

They walked up the stairs, and I followed them. Felix glared at me, especially my earrings. He didn't say a word to me.

We walked down a long, elegant hallway. Two guest bedrooms I spent an hour each cleaning. "Felix, your room is to the right, and aunt Amilie, your room is to the left." Adrien pointed.

"Thank you, dear," she said, smiling. "If you don't mind, I'm going to rest, the flight was long."

"No problem!" Adrien said. "I will go, unpack," Felix said, going into his room. Adrien turned to me, "Wanna go to the living room?" he asked quietly.

I nodded, smiling. We walked down the stairs, walking into the living room. We sat on the couch, I grabbed the remote and clicked on the TV.
-
(06:30)
-
I woke up, to the faint sound of the TV playing. I feel a weight on my head, my vision was a bit blurry as I opened my eyes.

I then realized, the weight on my head was Adrien's head. I gently pushed him off, stretching my arms.

I get up, opening the large curtains that covered the huge windows. I see the sunrise, satisfied with its beauty of it.

I began walking to Adrien and I's bedroom. I grab a random pair of clothes that I had taken from my parent's house last night and put them on.

I walk back downstairs, walking into the living room again. I see Adrien sleeping still. I put a light kiss on his forehead. "Adrien," I whisper.

He lightly groaned, "Hm?".

"We fell asleep on the couch, again," I murmured to him quietly. He opened his sleepy eyes. His emerald eyes lit up when we met eyes.

"My, my, am I dreaming? Or is there a beautiful girl in front of me," he said, his morning voice louder than usual.

"You flirt. Time to get up!" I said, throwing a blanket over his face. I walked away towards the kitchen.

I smelt a familiar smell of coffee. Weird, since I don't think anybody is up but Adrien and me. I open the doors to the kitchen, I saw Felix, he glared at me as I walked in.

"Oh! Hi Felix." I said awkwardly. He was leaning up against the counter with a cup of black coffee in his hand. "I see you got some coffee!"

"Wow, how did you figure that out?" he said, rolling his eyes. I felt hurt. "Hah." I walked over and got a mug from the cabinet, pouring some coffee for myself.

I felt his piercing glare as I put four sugar packets in my coffee. "How did you sleep?" I asked, my voice low.

"Fine," he said coldly. "That's good!" I said, sipping my coffee. I stood there, looking out the window from the kitchen.

Adrien finally walked in, "Well! Good morning Felix!" He said happily. Felix's gaze softened as Adrien walked in. "Morning, Adrien," he said.

"Felix made coffee," I said, holding up my mug. Adrien smiled, "Great! Thanks.". Felix has a polite nod.

I scooted towards Adrien sneakily, and then I heard the doors swing open. "My oh my! Everyone is awake before me?" Amilie said.

"Good morning, mother," Felix said, a cold tone in his voice. Yikes.

This was going to be a long week.
-
(paris maximum security prison)
(adrien pov)
-
Marinette and I drove up to the prison, Marinette was holding documents whilst I parked the car.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Marinette asked, I nodded. My heart was racing as I opened the car door.

I ran around the front of the car, opening the door for Marinette. "Why thank you, kind sir," she said jokingly. I smiled, "Of course, m'lady."

As we walked into the huge building, two police officers stood at the desk. "Mr. Agreste, Ms. Dupain-Cheng. We've been expecting you," they said.

"Ah, hello," Marinette said, I instinctively reached for her hand. "We're here for Gabriel Agreste, we need to discuss some legal matters please," I said.

Marinette looked over at me and smiled, something about her smile made me feel okay. Safe even.

The prison guards led us to the room where we were meeting with Gabriel. My hand was sweating profusely.

"Alright," the guard said, grabbing the keys out of his pocket, and opening the door. Marinette and I saw him, he was sitting on the ground.

The cell looked disorganized, we stood back while the prison guard approached him. My so-called father, or should I just say Gabriel, looked up.

"Son! Are you here to bail me out?" He asked excitedly. How dare he?

Marinette looked at me, and I looked at her. In her eyes, she looked a little nervous. "Don't get your hopes up." the guard said.
-
(third person)
-
As Marinette and Adrien stood there, nervous as ever, the guard grabbed Gabriel and handcuffed him. "Let's go immate!" he said roughly.

The couple moved out of the way, they were being led to another room. The interrogation room.

Once they arrived in the interrogation room, a presentable woman was standing by the metal table. "Hello!" she said kindly.

"Hello. You must be our lawyer correct?" Adrien asked as he walked in with Marinette. "Yes, I am," she said.

"Please, take a seat so we may discuss this." Their lawyer said.

They all sat down, and Marinette placed the documents down. "Mr. Agreste, we have come to discuss a business plan for the Gabriel Agreste brand," Marinette said.

"Yes. What about it?" Gabriel asked rudely. Marinette looked up from the documents, and then made eye contact with Gabriel.

"I would like to discuss, whether you would sign your rights over to me," she said, looking confident.

Gabriel laughed, "The only way you would get me to sign these is if you married my son!", Marinette and Adrien looked over at each other, and their eyes widened.

"M-married, your son?" Marinette said, Adrien looked over to her, his heart was racing. "Yes, married. If you marry my son, maybe I will consider signing my rights away to my company."

"Wait. You can't do this!" Adrien said, "Oh, but I can." Gabriel replied, a sinister smile on his face. Marinette looked over to Adrien, looking disappointed.

"If you marry him by the end of next week, I will give you full rights to my company," Gabriel said.
-