chapter twenty-eight

(marinette's pov)
   (agreste mansion)
-
I woke up in bed by myself, I heard the shower running. I wanted to get up and check on Adrien, but walking around for long periods was dangerous.

I lay there bored, looking out the windows. The sky was pink and orange. I noticed it was early, usually Adrien and I sleep in.

I heard the shower turn off, I waited impatiently for Adrien to come out. When he finally did, my face turned bright red.

He had walked out shirtless and with a towel loosely hanging from his hips. "Good morning," he said, walking to his closet.

"Morning!" I shrieked, embarrassed from seeing him. He stopped as he heard my voice crack, a smug look on his face.

"Hmm, don't be shy, it's nothing you haven't seen before," he said, in a deep voice.

I wish I wasn't injured.

"Haha, you're so funny," I said sarcastically as he threw a t-shirt and sweatpants on. He walked over and lay next to me.

He smelt so fresh, I probably smelt weird. It was difficult to shower, due to my back pain. I usually took baths, it was easier.

I don't tell Adrien my struggles, I don't want him to worry. Especially since his mother. "So, how are you feeling?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

He avoided eye contact after I asked, looking nervous. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I'm here, Adrien." I said, smiling. He sadly smiled back, "I know. Thank you for being here." he said, looking into my eyes.

I sat up a bit, hissing in pain. He worriedly looked at me, "What hurts? Do I need to take you to the emergency room?" he asked nervously.

"I'm fine, just bruised up," I said, giving him a painful smirk. He sighed. "I'm sorry for not catching you in time."

"Don't apologize. Anyways, I'm gonna take a bath." I said, getting up and walking to his closet.

I picked out some of his clothes, they all smelled like him. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the bathtub.

My whole body was purple and blue. I looked scary, I don't know how Adrien can look at me and smile.

My legs started to feel weak as I looked in the mirror, I lost balance and hit the wall, a loud noise occurring.

Adrien quickly ran in and scooped me in his arms without hesitation. "Sorry. I lost balance again." I said, "How about I help you, in the bath I mean." he said.

I nodded, and he put me in the tub. "Has it been hard to bathe these past few days?" he asked, as he got my hair wet.

I waited to answer for a moment, but then I shamefully nodded. "I didn't wanna tell you because I know you've been stressed! I'm s-" I said.

He put his finger on my lips. "Shh, I'm not mad. I just, think you should tell me. We're partners, partners tell each other everything."

"Okay, I'll start telling you, I promise," I said, I saw him grab the shampoo he bought for me, the scent of coconut and vanilla made me feel calm.

He massaged the shampoo into my scalp, I felt relaxed as the warm water from the bath calmed my muscles.

He rinsed it out, grabbing the conditioner. He put it on my end, smiling at me. I yawn heavily.
-
After my bath, Adrien and I sat on his room couch watching movies for a few hours.

"Oh, Marinette," he said, as I put in a Disney movie on. "Hm?" I asked, putting the remote next to me.

"Felix and my aunt are going to be staying with us for a week," he said.