chapter twelve

(alya & nino's date)
(third person)

Alya admires her boyfriend. He matured tons as they have been dating. He got really nice frames for his glasses, while Alya got contacts. He grew out his hair, as Alya grew hers too.

They grew together, in every way.

As they were chatting, telling funny stories of their relationship over the years, like how Marinette had burnt their first year anniversary cake on accident. How Adrien has a mini-fridge of cheese, which Alya found odd.

"Hey, you know what's funny?" he says, thinking about Adrien. "Hm?" Alya hummed.

"Tonight, before our date, I was running late-" Nino says, "Per usual." Alya lightly laughed. "Oh hush! You were later than me!" he says, rolling his eyes.

"Anyway," he says, as Alya eyed him, her light brown eyes glimmering in then light. "I was picking out clothes for the date, struggling, and Marinette's scarf fell out of my closet." he says. "I could tell it was hers by the signature."

"Why was her scarf in your closet?" she asked, a slight crease in her eyebrows as she glared at Nino.

"That's what I was thinking, I asked Adrien and he told me they were at the coffee shop, and then Marinette forgot it as she was running away from an akuma." Nino said, taking a sip of wine.

"Well, that's weird. The day that happened Marinette wasn't wearing that scarf, in fact, I think she gave that to," Alya's voice got softer and quieter, "Cat Noir."

(flashback)

"Besides the date he asked me on, I gave him my favorite scarf." Marinette says, as she was looking through clothes on the racks.

"What? Why?" Alya asked, holding out two shirts, deciding between two.

"Well, those suits don't completely protect you from the cold, and it was really cold." Marinette said. 

"That's sweet, maybe that gave him the courage to ask you on a date." Alya says, winking to Marinette.

Marinette's face turned pink, "Oh no! Am I so nice that he fell for me? I'm an idiot!"

"No you're not, quit it." Alya said.

——
(end of flashback)
—-

"What? Why did she give it to him?" he asks, confused.

"They've become friends over the past few weeks." Alya says, taking a large sip of wine. "She also claimed it was really cold outside."

"Odd. So why did Adrien have the scarf she gave to Cat Noir?" Nino says.

"I don't know, maybe he lost it and Adrien found it." Alya said, puzzled.

"How about we come drop it off tomorrow evening?" Nino says.

"Sure." Alya says.
—-
(sunday)
(19:30)
(marinette and alya's dorm)
(marinette's pov)

I lay on my stomach, reading a book. Alya is doing the same. "Hey, we should really have a girls night out, it's felt like forever." I say, "Yeah girl, definitely!" Alya replies.

After a few minutes, I yawn. It's dark outside, and I have an afternoon class.

-knock knock-

I heard faint the knocking, "Alya, who is here at this hour? Ugh." I get up, putting my slippers on. I look a mess. "Marinette, I forgot to tell you-" Alya says, jumping up from her bed.