chapter nine

chapter nine
(marinette's pov)
(marinette and alya's dorm)

"Isn't that a good thing?" Alya questioned me.

No.

"I don't know, it makes me nervous. Maybe Cat Noir and I should just be friends." I say, trying to calm my anxiousness.

Alya looks to me, with a concerned look in her eyes. I feel a sharp pain in my heart, a sad thing. Reminders of my one and only relationship cross my mind, thinking about my fear of commitment.

"Marinette, what happened with Luka was a long time ago, you're an adult now. You can make your own decisions." Alya says, comforting me.

"I get it, and I regret telling Master Fu about Luka. I'm just, I don't want to get attached." I say, sniffling a tear.

"You shouldn't feel anxious, Cat Noir isn't going anywhere!" Alya comforts me.

"You're right." I say. I just wanted her to get off the subject, talking about my emotions isn't easy, and when I do, it makes me really uncomfortable.

"I think I'm going to go to bed." I say, walking over to my dresser, grabbing out pajamas.

I braid my hair, and wipe my face with a makeup wipe. I jump on my bed and almost instantly sleeping.

When I wake up, I think about my date with Cat Noir, smiling. I get up out of my bed and let my hair out of the braid, my hair being wavy.

I look at my alarm clock, —06:01—

I yawn, grabbing my bag to take to my parents house for the weekend. I cringe at my conversation with Alya, how dumb I had been to let my emotions take the best of me last night.

I throw some extra pajamas, outfits, and I throw on my shoes. I sling my backpack over my shoulder. "Come on Tikki." I whispered.

Tikki tiredly flew into my bag, I grab my keys and leave the dorm. I walk over to my yellow beetle, unlocking it.

I get in the car, tiredly starting it. Tikki flies out of my purse, sitting in the passengers seat, she takes in the view of the early Paris morning.

I drove on the barely busy road, taking the easy route to my parents house. Tikki and I chat about Cat Noir, Hawkmoth, just normal things.

I pull up to the bakery, signaling Tikki to get into my purse, she goes in without hesitation. I walk to the front door of my house, since the bakery wasn't open yet.

I knock, patiently waiting for one of my parents to open it, I shivered slightly in the cool morning air.

The door opens quickly, my mom smiling ear to ear as she sees me, with my sweatpants and t-shirt on. "It's like you never left!" my mom exclaimed, urging me to come inside.

The familiar blue carpets around my house makes me feel happy. I walk up the stairs, walking to the house I grew up in, and freshly moved out of.

My dad is in the bakery I guess. I take a in deep breath, inhaling the smell of sweets. I walk to my old room, smiling and remembering the sweet smell it always had. 

My room organized, not empty. My cut-out magazines pictures hanging out near my sewing machine. My old design book lies on my desk. Nothing changes when you leave.

I pick it up, seeing dresses and shirts I designed at 12. I smile, the nostalgia hitting my mind. I place down the bag, Tikki flying out, "Wow, I missed this place!" she said, excitedly flying around.

"Me too Tikki, me too." I say, I put my backpack full of my clothes down on my pink chair, going up my loft bed, and out of my trapdoor, going out onto my old balcony.

The lights hung up, the carpets rolled up. My foldable chair against the wall. My old rose plants still there, "my mom must take care of them while I'm away." I said to myself.

I feel sad, looking at my old life rolled up and folded. The new chapter began when I moved out.

Tikki flies out, looking at the sunrise. The orange and pink hues filling the sky. The blues mixing into all of the colors. The clouds forming in the sky, moving slightly.

I see a figure jumping in the distance, I had patrol at 07:30 today, I looked at my clock. —06:59–.

He's early?

I see Cat Noir swinging, getting close to the bakery, I jump down before he noticed me, hitting my head on the trapdoor as I slammed it shut.

I ran down the loft bed, going down to the kitchen. "Hey mom, I completely forgot! I have an appointment at 07:30, so I need to go and I'll be back around 08:45!" I say, lying straight to my mom's face, which I have done since I was 16. 

"Okay, your dad and I need to finish up baking anyways, see you later sweetie." my mom says, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Love you mom!" running up to my room, I fix my hair and run back down the stairs. 

I look for an empty place to transform, finding an empty alleyway. "Tikki! Spots on!" I say, my Kwami flying into my earrings. I feel the warmness of the magic taking over my clothes as the pink aura is floats into my mind, as if it's almost taking control. 

I look at my suit, feeling more like myself once it's on. The magic is always screwing with my mind. I yo-yo to Cat Noir and I's usually meeting spot. Feeling the wind hit my braid, thank god I remembered to put my hair up this time. 

He sat there, a light blush goes on my cheeks, remembering our date. I mentally slap myself.

"Pull yourself together! You went as Marinette, not Ladybug!" I say in my head. "Hey Cat Noir." I say, sitting next to him.

"Hey, Ladybug." he says, yawning. "Remind me again why we do patrols so early?"

"What's wrong Cat? Out late paw-tying on the streets last night?" I say, realizing I had made a pun. I slap a hand over my mouth.

"Did you just make a cat pun?" he asks.

"Nope." I say, looking around the high view of Paris.

"Mhmmm, I think I'm rubbing off on you, little lady." Cat Noir says, laughing.

"Oh, shut up! Let's go patrol." I say, leaving him behind. "Hey! Wait up!" he yells behind me, almost losing me. 

We do our usual patrol, looking in shops, saying hi to Parisians, making sure there were no villains or criminals on the streets.

"Nothing? Hawkmoth must be getting old." I say, getting down from a ledge.

"He must be getting bored of losing every time, you can't beat these 2!" Cat Noir says, I roll my eyes. How corny.

"Yes, I suppose you can't beat these two." I say, he smirks. "Wow, Ladybug agreeing with me? It's been awhile." he says, pacing around.

"Well, since patrol was a success, I have to get home." I say.

"Okay, bye Ladybug!" he says, I swing to my parents house, landing on my balcony. I look around, making sure nobody saw me. "Tikki, spots off." I say, my tired Kwami flew out of my earrings.

I let her lay in my hand, as I dig in my purse to find a wrapped macaron. I give her it, and she happily munches on it. "I miss this, the constant macarons, are you sure you like living in a dorm?" Tikki asks me, while shoving the cookie in her mouth.

"Tikki, we are not going to move back, I already told my parents it wasn't gonna happen." I say, her smile turning into a frown.

"It was only a suggestion!" Tikki said, eating the last bit of her cookie.

"Tikki, you know what we forgot when we moved out?" I say, a curious look went on her little face.

"No, what?" she asks, her big blue eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"We forgot your mini-hats!" I say, her eyes practically shoot out of her head. "Oh my goodness! My hats!" she said, flying through my roof, and into my room.

I laugh, going down into my room. "Oh Tikki, what would I do without you?"

———