chapter twenty-one

(january)
(third person)
(Agreste mansion)

Adrien stood in his father's home, patiently waiting as the makeup artists finish up his natural look.

The camera crew was setting up the place, he thought about a few weeks ago, about his Christmas kiss, and the many ones after that.

"Mr. Agreste, why are your cheeks so red today?" one of the makeup artists asked as they applied his shade of makeup.

"Oh, uh. Must be the weather." Adrien said, embarrassed.

"You're right, love is in the air!" the lady said as she put powder on his face.

"Love? I'm not in love," he said, his eyes widened.

"Oh, well it's usual for your age to be dating," she said.

"Not my son," Gabriel said as he walked into the room. "Adrien, your not in a relationship, correct?"

"No! Father of course not." Adrien lied, sucking in the air.

"Mm. Are you sure?" Gabriel said he was holding a magazine. "You shouldn't lie to your father."

"I'm not lying! I promised you I wouldn't date anyone, so I'm not." Adrien said, his heartbeat going fast.

"Mhm, odd. So what is this about?" Gabriel said, throwing the magazine at Adrien. Adrien's eyes widened and tears formed.

"ADRIEN AGRESTE HAS A GIRLFRIEND?"
"News reports Adrien Agreste dating a fellow college girl, sources have not yet found her name."

Adrien's heart stopped, seeing his girlfriend and him walking around the streets, their sunglasses on.

"Father, it's not what it-" Adrien started to say, his words jumbled as he started speaking quickly.

"Enough!" Gabriel shouted. "You are to pack your things and come home! And don't you think about staying with that girl for one more second!"

"Father! Please I- I love her!" Adrien begged, his tears ruining his makeup.

*BANG BANG*

The sound of Gabriel knocking over the cameras startled Adrien.

"Fath-" Adrien began to speak. A murderous glare flashed through Gabriel's eyes, which shut Adrien up. 

"Go. Pack your things from college and come home." Gabriel said, Adrien, got up, leaving the mansion. He didn't go to his dorms though.

He went to Marinette's. 

He loudly knocked on her dorm door, secretly hoping she wasn't home. Adrien wasn't going to break his father's rule. He was doing it for Marinette's sake.

Gabriel could ruin Marinette's fashion career, if Gabriel found out her name, he would make sure she would never make it in the fashion industry.

Adrien loved her, but he wasn't gonna let his love ruin her life.

She opened the door, Marinette wasn't expecting him to be there. 

But he was. Her beautiful boy. The person she wanted to wake up for, go out for and be with her all the time. "Adrien? Did we have plans?" she asked, looking at her phone, Adrien assumed she was looking at her calendar. 

"No. Marinette, we need to chat. Are you here alone?" Adrien asked, Marinette's heart dropped a little. She knew this talk all too well. 

"U-uh, yeah Alya's at Nino's dorm, well I guess your dorm," Marinette said, her heart pounding in her chest. Her nerves were shot.

She let Adrien in, his hands sweating. "I need to, uh, I need to talk to you," Adrien said, tears filling his eyes. 

They sat on the end of her bed. "What is it?" she asked, her eyes stinging a bit. She knew what he was gonna say, she felt it in her soul. It felt as if the whole world stopped as he began to say the words.