chapter three

( cat noir )

(first person)

I sit on the Eiffel Tower, seeing the usual lights around Paris. I hear tourist admiring the bright tower. Sometimes I hear marriage proposals, how cool is my job?

I sit, waiting for Ladybug. We do this patrol everyday. I finally hear her behind me, "Hey Cat." she says, sitting next to me.

"Hey, Ladybug." he says.

"While I was on my way, I didn't see any suspicious activity." she says, taking a seat next to Cat Noir.

"Great, so it's just going to be another hour of us hanging out, seeing the views of Paris." Cat Noir said, in relief. Ladybug smiled, "Yep, just you and me." she said to him. He looked over to her and looked into her eyes.

The sense of deja-vu washed through him again. His mind warped around her eye color, thinking back to try to remember what they remind him of. He shook it off.

"How about we go find Andre?" Ladybug suggested. He shrugged, "Why not?" he said.

"Lets go then!" she says, he took her arm and used his staff to fly down, trying to find Andre in a hurry before he closed down the cart.

They found him, easily. He usually is the one to find them, Andre loves to give his favorite two heroes ice-cream. "Oh! My favorite two customers!" Andre says.

Andre changed Cat Noirs ice-cream this time, it used to be mint and lime. Now it's peach, blackberry, and blueberry. Cat Noir looked confused towards Andre. Andre gave him a quick wink. "I feel it, I know it." he was saying with his eyes.

He then looked over to Ladybug's icecream, it was Dark Chocolate, nearly a black color, and mint.

"Hm, milady, seems your ice-cream flavors have changed." he says, she tastes it, "It sure is delicious though." she says, her eyes lighting up as soon as she tasted the ice-cream.

--

After patrol, Marinette went back to her dorm building, giving Tikki a cookie. Tikki flew around the dorm, mostly talking to Alya. "So, Mari. Did you see anything on your patrol?" Alya asked, whilst Tikki sat on her pillow.

"Nah. Cat Noir and I went for ice-cream. Andre weirdly gave me a new ice-cream flavor though." Marinette said, as she brushed out her tangled hair. "Really? Andre hasn't changed my ice-cream flavor since Nino and I started dating." Alya said, thinking.

"Really? I thought he might've ran out of my flavors or something like that." Marinette said. She plopped onto her bed, feeling instant relief. Tikki flew over and laid on Marinette's pillow. "Marinette! Are you crushing on someone?" Alya said, after being lost in thought.

"What? No!" Mari said, rolling her eyes at that ridiculous thought.

"Are you sure, maybe you are! Andre knows everything about loveee." Alya said, exaggerating the word love. Marinette rolled her eyes even harder. "I think I would know if I was in love Alya."

"Maybe you don't know, maybe Andre is a psychic!" Alya says, laughing.

"Oh, Alya. How come Luka came tonight?" Marinette said.

"I think Nino invited him. I told him to invite friends." Alya shrugged. Marinette looked at a spot on her comforter. "Hey.." Alya said, noticing her friends mood changing at the topic of Luka.

"Girl, he probably is over it now!" Alya says, getting up from her bed.

"Do you think he hated me after it?" Marinette said, guilt flowing through her mind, as the thought of their breakup wouldn't leave her mind.

"No! I promise he didn't. In fact, if you hadn't broken up, he would've never met Zoe!" Alya said.

"What?" Marinette said, "Zoe? Like Zoe Lee?"

"Yeah, girl. You didn't know?" Alya asks. "Obviously not, Alya." Marinette said with a rude tone. "You know, I need some fresh air, I'll be right back."

Marinette jumped off her bed, not believing what she had heard. Zoe and Luka. How strange. She wondered to the little park just off campus, her kwami in her pocket. Marinette had nearly forgotten her.

Marinette sat down on one of the benches, feeling the cool autumn air hit her. Silence filled the air, people walking past the park every once and awhile, but that's really all. Marinette read her watch. --23:45--

She sighed. She needed a few more minutes to gather her thoughts. She heard someone approach the park. She squinted, the person was wearing all black.

Marinette realized how dumb she had been, going out late all alone. It didn't occur in her mind that she could've easily been targeted as a grabbers victim. Marinette backed up, moving benches to avoid the figure.

She realized something, this person didn't even notice her. But while they walked into the park, she noticed something even better.

It was Cat Noir!

Marinette felt an instant relief, obviously Cat Noir wasn't going to kidnap her. She stayed sitting, not wanting to bother Cat Noir.

--

(cat noir's pov)

I saw Marinette sitting on a park bench, she was wearing pajamas. She was all alone at the park, what was she thinking?

She noticed me right away, I sat down on a bench, as she moved seats. She was side-eyeing me as I sat down. She looked nervous as she wasn't aware of who I am. She looked for a moment more, as I saw her through my peripheral vision. Her eyes softened, I think she realized.

I decided to go say hello. I got up from my comfortable seat and strolled over towards her, "Hello, milady." I say.

She looks like she was going to laugh, but she didn't. "Hi, Cat Noir." she said, she shifted in her seat. "May I sit?" I ask, waiting for her to say something.

"Sure, go ahead." she says. I sit next to her, smiling. "So, you didn't mention your name." I say.

"Oh! Sorry, my names Marinette, Marinette Dupain-Cheng." she says quickly, her words nearly all jumbled together.

"Well, I'm Cat Noir, but I think you already knew that." I say, she nods. "Yep, the famous superhero." she giggled.

I chuckled a bit. "So, why are you out here at this hour?" I ask, looking up to see the familiar millions of stars I see every night.

"I, I just needed a break, from everything." she said, her eyes looking tired.

"I get it." I say.

"You do?" she asks, having a confused tone in her voice.

"Yes." I say, looking over to her, our eyes meet. My chest tightens, seeing her magnificent blue eyes.

"Hey, Cat Noir." she says.

"Yeah?" I ask, "What are you doing at this college, do you go here?" she asks, her eyes looking around the nearby campus, and then back to me.

"Uhh- no! I just was in the area." I say quickly trying to make up a lie.

"Oh, yeah. Makes sense." she says, I see her visibly shaking.

"Let me walk you back to your dorm room." I say, standing up from the bench.

"No, I can't make you do that, you should get home." she says to me.

"I insist, since I am a hero, I must protect all Parisians." I say confidently. She laughs and agrees. We walk back, her yawning as we walk.

"Lead the way, milady." I say.

After minutes of walking, it got colder and colder, so I tried to speed up. It would seem strange if I knew my way back to her dorm, so I let her lead me there.

She sped up as well, I guess because it was colder for her, since she was wearing pajamas. Once we arrived, I waved her off.

"Goodnight, Marinette." I say.

"Goodnight, Cat." she says.

Cat?