chapter five.

(third person pov)

The commotion shook the floor of the café, Marinette and Adrien look at each-other wide-eyed.

"Marinette! Under the table! I'm going to go get help!" he says, Marinette practically dove under the table while Adrien ran out of the café.

"Plagg! Claws out!" Adrien says, his kwami immediately groaning in disagreement. Adrien quickly became Cat Noir.

The villain was upset because nobody would do what she was saying to do. The terror of Parisians as the villain destroyed buildings.

Marinette was searching for an empty place to transform, she sees the villain and Cat Noir run towards her, along with other Parisians running.

They trample Marinette, causing her to hit her head on the ground. "Shit!" she shouts.

She felt herself being scooped up by a pair of strong arms, she could barely see. This was bad. Cat Noir went towards her dorm, he looked concerned as Marinette saw the room spinning.

"Catt Noir?" she says, in a daze. The room was blurred and woozy. 

"Hey, where are your keys?" he asks, instantly putting her down by her door. She points to her bag. She forgot about Tikki.

Tikki knew better, she flew out before Cat Noir could see her and hit in Marinette's shirt.

Cat Noir gets Marinette's keys, unlocking her dorm and running back to her to scoop her up in his arms once again. She puts her hands around his neck.

He lays her down on her pink comforter, rushing to the dorm bathrooms to grab some towels and the first aid kit.

Once he grabbed them, Marinette was closing her eyes, probably about to pass out.

"Marinette, open your eyes for me." he says, dabbing at her head.

"Mm-" she mumbled.

"Hey, come on. Mari." he says, tapping her over and over, he dabs the soapy water over the scrape, causing Marinette's eyes to fly open. "Ow! Ow!" she says, pushing his hands away. 

"I'm sorry!" he apologizes repeatedly, she could barely see. She swore she saw Adrien helping her, but she quickly realized it wasn't him, it was Cat Noir. 

He puts the bandage on her head. "Hey, now don't get up. Don't want your pretty little head to get more injured, would we?" he says.

He leaves her dorm room, while Marinette is in a daze. She quickly snaps out of it and gets up.

"Tikki, spots on!" she says, instantly, she feels so much better as her powers kick in.

She runs to the action. "There you are milady! I was starting to think you flew away!" Cat Noir says.

"The akuma is in her wand!" Ladybug says, ignoring his cheesy pun.

He cataclysms her wand, and the akuma flies out. Instantly, Ladybug purifies it and Paris turns back to normal.

Her injuries were still there. "Pound it!" her and Cat Noir say in sync.

"Well, I got to go! Bug out!" Ladybug says, Marinette instantly detransforms and runs to her dorm, feeling lightheaded again.

She nearly passes out before she can reach her bed. She lies down in her bed, feeling sleep overtake her body instantly. 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Marinette wakes up, the sun was setting. "Huh?" she says to herself as she gets up out of her bed.

She walks over to her dorm door, opening it confused. "Cat Noir?" she says, seeing the superhero standing at her door with a concerned look on her face.

Without thinking, Cat Noir touches her face, lifting her head up with his fingers to see her wound.

"How are you feeling? Did you get some rest?" he asks, turning her head to see the extent. "I think we should change the bandage, it looks like it's bleeding through."

"Cat Noir, what are you doing here?" she says, pulling him inside, so nobody sees.

"I came here to check on you of course!" he says.

"Very thoughtful, but I can hardly remember what happened." Marinette sighs, walking to her mirror, seeing a bloody bandage.

She peels it off, revealing a nasty scratch. Cat Noir walks over and leads her to her bed, making her sit.

He grabs the first aid kit from the ground and puts on a new bandage. "There." he says proudly.

"You can call me Dr. Noir!" he says. Marinette bursts out laughing from the corny joke.

"Alright, I should go now. Bye Marinette!" he says, opening her door.

"Bye kitty." she says. He looks at her with widened eyes. She closed the door and blushed.

"Why did I just call him that?" she thought, a blush went across her cheeks.

Cat Noir stood outside her door, confused of the name. "Kitty, hm." he thought as he left the girls dorms.

He detransformed in an alley, walking around campus greeting strangers who came up to him and asked for a selfie or autograph.

Adrien was thinking about what Marinette had called him in his dorm. While Nino was on a date with Alya, Plagg flew out. "You know how annoying it is to hide all of the time from your bestfriend?" Plagg says.

"Don't complain, you took up my whole mini-fridge for your nasty, stinky cheese." Adrien said, rolling his eyes.

"Excuse me?!" Plagg said, holding his little hand over his little heart. "It is the love of my life!"

While Plagg and Adrien argued about cheese and girls, Marinette and Tikki were chatting about boys and memories.

"Tikki, that was so embarassing! I called Cat Noir, my SUPERHERO PARTNER, KITTY?" Marinette said, screaming into her pillow.

"Relax Marinette, I'm sure he thought it was a sweet thing!" Tikki said, nibbling on a macaroon.

"No! He probably is laughing at me! He definitely thinks I'm a weirdo!" Marinette shrieks.

"No he isn't! Marinette you need to stop overthinking so much. He might not even be thinking about you. He might be thinking about himself. He tends to do that a lot you know." Tikki said, her mouth full of cookie.

"No way! Cat Noir is going to make fun of me if he sees me soon. He's going to think "Oh it's Marinette! The girl who called me Kitty!" Gah! This is the worst day of my life!"

"Why do you even care? It's not like you have a crush on Cat Noir." Tikki said. "Plus, like I said, he probably isn't thinking about you anyways."

"You're right, he probably is just at his house, watching television or something." Marinette said.

But little did Marinette know, they were both thinking about the same situation, at the same time.