chapter nineteen

(marinette's pov)

I woke up, with a huge headache. I groaned as my skin was sweaty and sticky. My blankets made it worse. I kicked my blankets off.

"Alya.." I whined. "Marinette, you don't look so good," she said, walking to my bed. She put her hand on my forehead. "Oh, girl. You got it bad."

"Huh?" I said, sitting up. My throat was practically on fire as I whispered. "Girl. Go back to sleep. I got to go, I'll bring you medicine later." She said, putting my covers up to my jaw.

"No, don't waste your money," I said, my voice sounding broken. "I'll get it myself later."

"Girl, you are delusional if you think I'm gonna let you get up and drive to the pharmacy," Alya said, I could see her crossing her arms near the door.

"Please, don't go get me anything!" I begged. She rolled her eyes, slinging her purse over her shoulders. Suddenly my phone rang, I groaned as the loudness irritated my headache more.

It was a call from Adrien. I picked it up, smiling, even though I was ill. "Hello?" I said, my throat aching.

"Hey, my lady," he said, I could practically hear his purring through the phone. "What's up?" I asked him, my voice cracking multiple times.

"Woah, Woah, wait. Are you sick?" he asked, I hear the heavy concern in his voice. I curse my awful luck.

"Yes, I think," I said, trying to make my voice stop squeaking.

"Want me to bring you anything?" he asked, I hear him opening his dorm door. "No, no, please I don't want you to get sick," I said, shutting down any hopes of him wanting to take care of me.

"Bullshit. On my way," he said, the phone hanging up. I sigh, closing my eyes and audibly groaning.

"Tikki, can you, unlock the door?" I asked her, and she nodded and I heard her fly over there. She used her magic to do it instead of flipping the latch.

I waited ten minutes, but my eyes couldn't keep themselves open for much longer. I dozed off into a sickly sleep.

I woke up to cold hands on my forehead. I sighed with relief, attempting to grab the hand and keep it on my face.

"Mm." I mumbled, "I'm sorry Mari, I didn't think you would get sick." I heard faintly, I didn't say anything.

"Do you want tea? I bought some from the café," Adrien said, I tried to nod my head, and I felt the bed dip.

I see Adrien sitting by my legs, holding a small coffee cup. I sit up quickly, which affected my throat, and I started to cough a ton.

He scooted closer to me, I felt his cold hands on my back. He hands me the tea and I take a sip. I forget which pajamas I'm wearing.

"Well, I guess you truly are my number one fan," he said, laughing. I look at my Cat Noir pajamas, the neon green paw print in the middle of my tank top. I realize I'm wearing matching bottoms.

I smile, taking more sips of the tea. "Don't worry Marinette, you'll be feline good soon enough." he winked. I rolled my eyes, handing him the tea.

I laid back down in my bed, he covered me up again. Tiredness took over my eyes again. "Well, maybe I should go, give you your space," he said. I heard him say a quick bye and head towards the door.

"Wait! Don't go." I said, my voice squeaking. "Really?" I heard him say. I scooted into my bed, patting the mattress.

I felt the bed bounce as he lay down. I scooted towards him, putting half of my body weight on him.

His arm slid around my waist, my head in the crook of his neck. I felt a kiss being placed on my forehead.

I also felt sleep overcome me.

(Adrien)
(marinette and alya's dorm)

"Well, maybe I should go, give you your space," I said, getting up. I began walking towards her door. Hoping she would want me to take care of her.

"Wait! Don't go." I heard her weak voice say, I felt my heart skip a beat when I heard her wanting me to stay with her. I turned around swiftly. "Really?" I asked, my stomach filled with adrenaline.

I watched her scoot over near the wall, patting her pink sheets. I walk over, making sure to take off my shoes.

I laid down next to her, and she got close to me and cuddled close to me. I felt her head go into the crook of my neck.

I see her eyes fight to stay open. She lost that battle quickly. I laid a soft kiss on her forehead.

Her skin was hot, her hair was messy. I don't care, she can be bald, and the palest person alive and she would still be the most beautiful girl.

I heard her light snores, I sighed and closed my eyes, drifting off into a slumber as well.

I woke up, with a sweaty body on my arms. Also, heavy snores. I looked at Marinette, her skin was glistening.

I gently shook her, her eyes fluttering open. I hear her whines and cries. "I'm gonna get you a cloth with cold water," I said, getting up from her bed.

The clock read —12:23–, and I sighed. I opened her closet quietly. "Plagg," I whisper-shouted.

I saw him fly out of Marinette's purse. "What do you think you're doing? You don't go in people's belongings!"

"Sorry, I thought I smelt cheese." he smiled, "Okay, whatever. Don't do that again." he rolled his eyes.

"Plagg claws out," I said, feeling myself suit up. I walked out of the dorm and used my staff to get to the café.

I walked in, hearing the sweet chimes of the bells as the door opened. I walked up to the barista. "Can I get a cup of ice water?" I asked.

She nodded, and her eyes widened. Probably because I forgot to detransform. She handed me the cup of water. "On the house," she said quickly.

"Thanks," I said, smiling.

I make my way back to Marinette's dorm, hoping she would be fine for a few minutes without me. I finally make my last hop to the entrance of the girl's dorms. 

I walk up the stairs to her dorm and open the door. I see her passed out on her bed like she was before I left. I go into her closet, and find a washcloth.

I soak it in cool water. I gently walk over to my sleeping beauty and place it on her forehead. Her eyes shot open, a fit of coughs attacking her.

"Well, someone sure woke up from their catnap." I laughed, as she glared at me. She held the washcloth to her head, a sigh of relief coming from her mouth.

"You're welcome, little lady," I said, smirking as she laid her head down on her pillows.

"Thanks, kitty." she said to me, looking at her ceiling.

"I'll always be here, love," I said, smiling. 

and then she murmured something I couldn't understand. 

--