epilogue

(40 years later)
-
(marinette)
-
"Grandma! Grandma! Watch me!" my granddaughter called out, I sat on the porch, smiling.

I watched as all of the kwami's flew around her head, playing around with her. I held Adrien's hand as we sat on a bench together.

My hairs were grey, his were too. We were nearing the age of 60. Our three lovely kids had grown up in the Agreste mansion.

Although the horrors of the place, we fixed it up. The backyard is now practically an oasis. A little pool and a vegetable garden. Our daughter Emma, who is in her early thirties, had two kids, and my other two kids, who are in their late twenties had three kids each.

Emma, Louis, and Hugo. Emma looks like Emilie, and Louis looks like me. Hugo looks like a perfect mix of Adrien and me.

"Hey, Mari," Adrien said, fixing his glasses. I hummed in response. I looked over, seeing his bright smile. "Our fortieth anniversary is coming up."

I smiled, squeezing his hand. "I love you more every day, Adrien."

"You can't possibly love me more than I love you," Adrien replied.

I laughed, looking at his aged eyes. It's true though, every day I wake up next to him, is the best day of my entire life.

I did go on to be a very successful fashion designer, I had completely rebuilt the Agreste brand.

The soul of the company grew brighter and more peaceful. I felt I did a good job since the people of Paris trusted me.

"Grandma!" I heard my granddaughter yell. "Yes, sweetheart?" I said, she urged me to come over. I got up, letting go of Adrien's hold.

I looked at her, she looked just like her mother. She had a white butterfly on her finger. I felt a few tears prick as I saw her wave goodbye to the butterfly as it flew off of her finger.

"Hey, go get your brother and your cousins, I want to tell you all a story," I said, she nodded and ran off into the kitchen.

Adrien walked down the stairs, "What are you up to?" he said, eyeing me. I smiled, "I wanted to tell them the story about the legendary Ladybug and Cat Noir."

He smiled, putting his hands on my shoulder. "I'll get the box of photos."
-
All my grandchildren sat around Adrien and me, on a polka-dotted blanket.

My best friend sat next to me, not Adrien, but Tikki. She's stuck with me for a long time. Of course, the kids know about Ladybug and Cat Noir, but they never knew who they were.

Adrien held our memory box, the box filled with memories. Sonograms, baby pictures, and so on.

A little book in the box contained little pictures of me flying through the air, or articles of Cat Noir and I.

And also in the very bottom of the box, folded neatly, laid. blue silky scarf. In perfect condition.

"Grandma and Grandpa, what are you going to tell us!" my grandson said anxiously as he sat next to his cousins.

"Well, first, I would like to begin when I was a teenager."
-
(two hours later)
-
"So, grandma, you saved Paris all the time?" My granddaughter asked while she sat on my lap. Adrien and I shared a look, his eyes looked full of love as we were surrounded by family.

This is all he ever wanted. This is all he longed for as a child.

A family who he could talk to, a family who cared.
-
As our kids and grandkids packed up for the night, I stopped my son Hugo. He was holding his newest bundle of joy.

His daughter, who he had named Emilie Sabine Agreste. "Hey, how's Camille doing?" I asked softly. He smiled at the thought of his wife.

"As good as any new mom could be. Sorry, she couldn't make it today mom," he said. I smiled, "Don't worry. Come by anytime, we can make dinner or go out to dinner."

"Thanks, mom," he said, smiling.

"One more thing, Hugo," I said quickly before he left. "I love you."

"I love you too mom."
-
I held my cell phone, Adrien was sitting on the couch, working out deals for his new show for his photos.

"Don't work too hard. I'm gonna call Alya." I said, kissing Adrien on the forehead. "I won't, and tell Nino I said hi."

"Will do. I'll be in the other living room if you need me." I said, as I was walking to the other living room, my wedding photos were hung up, I admired how young and beautiful I was.

I never saw beauty until I married Adrien. I wish I could relive that day, no matter how much stress I was under.

I dialed Alya's number. She automatically picked up. "Hey!" I heard her say.

"How does it feel, to finally be a grandma?" I asked, laughing slightly as I heard her laugh. "Amazing. I can't believe our kids married each other!"

"I know right!" I exclaimed.

"We're legally family now!" Alya said.

"Alya, you were always family to me, no matter what."
the end.
——

A/N - I AM SORRY THIS EPILOGUE IS SO SHORT, I didn't know what to write.

I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm sad to let this book go, but I had nothing else to give it.