chapter thirty-two

(third person)
(the rehearsal dinner)
-
"Okay, is everyone on their way?" Marinette asked as she checked her watch impatiently. She had been busy all week long getting florists, caterers, and photographers, and altering her dress.

"Yes, calm down. It's just the rehearsal dinner." Adrien said, patting her shoulder. She sighed, "I just, we planned this on such short notice I want it to be memorable."

"It will be, as long as you're with me, it's gonna be the best memory ever," Adrien whispered to her.

"Wait, the food is ready right?" Marinette asked, Adrien, rolled his eyes as she looked at the buffet.

The aisle was prepared for tomorrow, and the backyard of the mansion was suddenly the most romantic place in Paris.

They had gardeners come in and plant tons of flowers in the backyard, for the beauty of course. Adrien would've thought those were beautiful until he saw his wife.

He thought she was the definition of beauty.

Alya and Nino arrived, "Hey girl!" she said as she walked outside. "Wow, it's so beautiful out here."

"Hey! Alya I'm so glad you're here!" Marinette said, relief in her voice as she hugged her best friend.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," she said, hugging Marinette back.

After a few minutes, close friends and Marinette's parents showed up. Marinette's parents had brought pastries, and the wedding cake. They wouldn't reveal the cake until after the ceremony tomorrow.

Tom came over to where Marinette and Adrien were chatting at. "Adrien," he said in a sharp tone. Adrien looked up at Tom and smiled. "Hey! How are you?" he asked.

Tom smiled. "I'm great, can we chat?"

Adrien looked at Marinette and got nervous. "Sure!" he said, turning to look at Tom.

Marinette was a little scared for her fiancé, but she went over to the buffet while her dad and Adrien were talking. She filled her plate and sat next to Alya.

"So, my best friend getting married tomorrow." Alya sighed heavily. "I always thought it would've been me first."

Marinette laughed, "Me too Alya, me too."
-
(wedding day.)
(05:30)
-
Marinette opened her eyes, feeling the warm body of her husband to be next to her. She wrapped her cold hands around his torso.

Adrien let out a soft groan as Marinette held herself to him. A sweet awakening on this sweet day.

"Good morning," Marinette said. Felix and Amilie helped set up the wedding. They extended their stay due to the wedding.

Alya and Nino also stayed at the mansion, since they were the best man and maid of honor. As Marinette and Adrien snuggled in their warm bed for 20 minutes, there was a loud knock on the door.

"5 more minutes!" Marinette groaned as Adrien held her close to his chest. "Nope!" she heard her best friend say, she heard the door open.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng! Wake up!" Alya said. "You were supposed to be up 20 minutes ago!"

"Ugh! Fine," she said, releasing her hold on her fiancé. "And Adrien! Nino is expecting you downstairs by 6 o'clock!"

Adrien opened his eyes, yawning. "Why?" he asked. Alya rolled her eyes. "To get ready for your wedding, that's in 5 hours?"

Adrien woke up immediately. "Oh, I'm getting married today!" he shot up from their bed and ran into their bathroom, shutting the door.

"Did he forget?" Alya said, rolling her eyes. Marinette smiled. "I'm so nervous," she said, picking at her nails.