01| 𝙶𝙰𝙼𝙴 𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚆𝙴𝙳𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐘
------------------------------------------------------------

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

------------------------------------------------------------

"𝙉𝙀𝙃𝙀𝙈𝙄𝘼𝙃 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙏𝙊𝙐𝘾𝙃𝘿𝙊𝙒𝙉!" The sports comentator shouted into the mic. Nehemiah took off his helmet and looked around the stadium in pure joy and happiness that he yet again brought a win home for the Red Bull Stallions. He kissed his cross necklace and prayed a small prayer in his head before he felt himself getting tackled down by his fellow teammates.

"That's what I'm talking bout nigga!" One of his teammates, Andrè, slapped his shoulder making Nehemiah laugh. The team walked through the tunnel not forgetting to sign and high-five fans who had their hands stretched out. Walking into the changing rooms, Nehemiah immediately hit the showers to wash off the sweaty stench, as soon as he got out and walked to his designated locker, his teammates cheered once again making him get shy.

"Player of the game goes to no other than Nehemiah Love!" His couch cheered giving him the silver football to keep until their next game. "Well done today son, you brought home yet again another win for us." Coach Lee patted his back making him shake his head.

"Y'all can't just praise me, if it wasn't for Kaleem's shielding, I would have never brought us a win, the person who deserves it the most today is him." Nehemiah walked over to the newly recriuted player and gave him the trophy erupting claps around the room.

"Thank you brother, forreal man." Kaleem smiled appreciatively and hugged Nehemiah.

"Now fellas, I have a wedding to attend, have a great night and God bless." Nehemiah slipped on his last velvet loafer and picked up his dufle walking out of the stadium where he was approached by the paparazzi.

"Mr Love how do you feel about about your win?"

"Why did you give your player of the game award to Mr Kaleem Fields?"

"What's next for the stallions? You made it to the playoffs."

Nehemiah stopped walking at the second question shouted at him and responded.

"I gave my award to Kaleem because he played exceedingly well today, if he didn't block Harrison from tackling me, they would've won it. I can't take all the credit knowing our win was because of him. Have a great night y'all." Nehemiah smiled rushing off to his all-black camaro.

❦︎

Meanwhile, Janelle deciphered between a black satin dress or a brown satin dress. Her hair and makeup were effortless on her dark brown skin, however, both dresses looked great on her but she couldn't pick between either one. Her bestfriend, Sasha, walked into Janelle's room all dressed and ready.

"Janelle girl, are you still deciding what dress to wear?" Sasha fussed smacking her teeth.

"Yes! I would look good even in a brown paper bag but I need to pick one." Janelle huffed sitting on her bed bench. "Brown." Sasha's twin brother Stephen stated from her door frame. Janelle squinted her eyes at the brown dress and knew that it was a better pick than the black. She tossed the black dress back into her closet and began to put on the brown dress. It was a satin material which flowed down to her ankles, a slit gliding up to her mid-thigh and it was form-fitting around her hips and waist. Her bust sat perkily and body glitter was applied onto her collar bone.

Janelle applied another coat of lipgloss before picking up her small brown clutch which consisted of gum, pepper spray and keys. She sprayed a cloud of victoria secret's vanilla spray and left out with the twins. Janelle had her pretty slippers to drive in and would change into brown wrap up heels, her braids were in a large bun at the top of her head and edges laid to perfection.

Once the trio arrived at the wedding, Stephen helped put on her heels and helped his sisters' out of the car. They avoided the ceremony and made it to the actual reception where the twins began to dance and Janelle made her way to the desert table picking up cake cookies. She had exactly six on her plate and intended to eat them all.

Whilst eating and surveying her surroundings, an aroma of Hugo Boss cologne wafted to her nose which caused her to look on her left where an extremely handsome man occupied the seat. Janelle discreetly analysed him, from the foot up. His black velvet loafers, to his black dress pants, to his cufflinks on his black dress shirt where he left a few buttons open and one singluar chain occupying his neck. His darkskin was clear, the beard and small mostache combo was driving her nuts.

Janelle nibbled on her bottom lip before finishing her cookies where the handsome young man began to speak.

"So you have yourself a sweet tooth." His deep voice spoke making Janelle cross her legs with an ounce of pressure to contain the arousing feeling between her legs.

"Is that what you say to every lady that you come across?" Janelle responded looking him in the eye.

"Is that what you think?" His eyebrows shot up.

"I don't think, I know that women fall at your feet. You're handsome though." Janelle smiled.

"And you're exceedingly beautiful. I'm Nehemiah." He stuck his manicured hand out allowing Janelle to shake it and analyse his hands. She looked at his nails, and the rose tattoo on the back of his hand.

"Janelle." Nehemiah took his time to do the same, checking out her beige, short squared nails.

"What do you do for a living Janelle?"

"I have a masters in obestrics and gynecology. I've been an obestrician for around four months. You?"

"I'm a quaterback for the Red Bull Stallions." Nehemiah spoke.

"Athlete huh? What's it like having the fame?"

"It's not enjoyable unless you're in it for the money. I simply love the sport and engaged in it, I also have a masters in sports science and I teach younger ages how to play football." Janelle nodded her head liking his answer mentally checking boxes. "What's it like working with pregnant women?" Nehemiah asked making Janelle raise her brows.

"You thought I didn't know what an obestrician is?" Nehemiah laughed making Janelle join into the laughter aswell.

"Not many people know what it is, but I love the babies. I have a jar of pink and blue hearts representing how many babies I've helped the mother carry. White ones for the miscarried." Janelle smiled thinking about her job.

"You do such an amazing job." Nehemiah complimented.

"Thank you." Janelle smiled before clicking her fingers together at the sound of Tamia, So into you.

"Want to dance?" Nehemiah offered standing up woth his hand to give. "Gladly." Janelle grinned taking ahold of his hand leading him onto the dance floor.

Nehemiah gently placed his hand onto her waist pulling her closer allowing her arms to get loosely wrapped around his shoulder and neck as their bodies just flowed along to the music.

Half an hour had gone by of the pair dancing and others discreetly recording the famous athlete dancing with a drop-dead gorgeous mystery girl. Although they had just met each other, there wasn't a spark of romance on Janelle's end, however on Nehemiah's end, he was destined to have Janelle as his other half. It may sound clichè but as man of God, Nehemiah hears God speak in various different ways about something that would soon be his, Janelle was soon to be his eventually.

But the question was; Was she ready to re-open herself to another man?