02|𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳 𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐘
------------------------------------------------------------

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

------------------------------------------------------------

𝙅𝘼𝙉𝙀𝙇𝙇𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 clinic with a pink handbag at hand and a mocha in the other. Her gripped trainers patted the floor as she greeted those at the front desk and walked straight into the staff room where her locker was located. It was just reaching 8 o'clock and to say she was tired was an understatement.

Janelle placed her belongings in her locker and locked it up securely before clocking herself in and making her way to one of the clinical rooms. She sat at the computer and used her ID to log into it and await the appointment list she was appointed to. Half an hour had gone by and 8:30 was the opening time, Janelle made her way to the reception and called out the first person on her list.

"Samantha Pummels?" She called out looking uo from her notebook seeing a young girl and a not so happy mother.

oh boy

Janelle thought knowing that this appointment was not going to be as easy she hoped for it to be, especially as her first patient. Janelle gave them a genuine smile and ordered them to follow her into her room.

"Good morning Samantha and Mrs Pummels. How are we doing this morning?" Janelle smiled washing her hands ready to moisturise them and place on her gloves. "It would be better if my daughter wasn't irresponsibly sexually active." The mother hissed. Janelle slightly winced at her tone and proceeded her surveying.

"I have a couple questions to ask you Samantha, would that be okay?" Samantha nodded her head shyly signalling for Janelle to continue. "How old are you and when did you take your last pregnancy test?"

"She's fifteen and took one I don't even know how long ago. She hid this from me-" The mother began before Janelle cut her off. "With all due respect, I'm talking to Samantha. Would you step outside for me Mrs Pummels?" Janelle spoke placing a forced smile onto her face.

Once Mrs Pummels had unwillingly exited, the tension lightened and Janelle continued on her appointments for the remainder of the day.

❦︎

The time was ongoing twelve and Janelle's stomach began to rumble, her granola and coconut yogurt couldn't fill up her stomach completely. Janelle's break was in the next two minutes, she instructed her last patient to pick up their prenatal pills before she disinfected the sonogram stick, the bed, her keyboard and threw her gloves into the trash.

Whilst walking into her staff room, she greeted her favourite co-worker, Nia. "Hey Nia." Janelle waved and smiled causing the girl to do the same. "You're taking your lunch break too?" Nia chuckled causing Janelle to nod.

"Care to join? I was just going to get a rice bowl." Janelle shrugged. "Yeah sure, let me get my purse." Nia smiled before the pair walked out of the clinic and down the road.

They walked into Healthy Eats food bar and lined up behind those before them. Janelle squinted her eyes the electronic menue and caught a glimpse of their rice burito, she settled on that as they walked up to the cashier.

"Good afternoon, please may I have two rice beef burito's and an ice cran-pinapple drink?" She smiled at the cashier.

"Sure thing, a large or medium?" The teenager smiled and answered back.

"A large please." Janelle smiled taking out her card. "That would be $6.99 please." As Janelle was about to swipe her card, a familiar darkskin tattooed hand beat her to it. Janelle turned around about to thank the person until she landed her eyes on his.

"Nehemiah Love." Janelle chuckled shaking her head. "Janelle Asamoah." Nehemiah playfully mocked her.

"Why'd you pay for me?" Janelle asked crossing her hands moving into the collection line where Nehemiah followed suit.

"When a woman is with me, she shouldn't touch a bill of any sort." Nehemiah took ahold of Janelle's recipt and kept an eye on the number whilst she gazed at the side of his face in utter confusion. "But I didn't arrive with you." Janelle mumbled but clearly Nehemiah had heard.

"You didn't, but you are most certainly leaving with me. I will walk you back to wherever you same from." Nehemiah glanced up at her face and walked up to the counter to collect their food. "Thank you." Janelle mumbled as he came back to her.

"Come on." Nehemiah tilted his head so she could follow him but she came to a halt. "My friend Nia, I can't leave her here-" Janelle began before Nia replied for her.

"Girl don't worry about me, go ahead with ya boo thang!" She exclaimed bumping her hip with Janelle's before winking and exiting completely. Janelle turned her head to Nehemiah who had a goofy grin on his face, he had opened the restaurant door open for her and walked her to his car. Nehemiah unlocked the car and opened her door once again and got in behind her.

The pair sat in the car eating whilst Janelle was deep in thought. "Why me? No quite literally why me? We've only met on one occasion?" She turned her body to him. "And that occasion will turn into everyday, my goal is to make you a wife. MY wife to be specific." Instead of protesting, Janelle proceeded to eat in silence. What was that supposed to mean?