03|𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝙳 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙼?

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐘
------------------------------------------------------------

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

------------------------------------------------------------

𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙕 𝘽𝙔 𝙅.𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙀 𝘽𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙏𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙂𝙃 Janelle's airpod pro's as she sat with her knees tucked to her chest on her car roof. She stared ahead at the dimly lit beach water where the moon transferred its light rays as a source, the salt smelling air had a light breeze in which she inhaled the clean air.

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘢𝘺,
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝘕𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘻
𝘕𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘯𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨"

Janelle mumbled the words to the lyrics, she wasn't having the best of days that day. Although she never translated a bad day meaning a bad life, she still felt upset at herself. A week ago, she had had a patient who had been trying so hard with her husband to get pregnant. They had finally succeeded and she was what everyone thought 8 weeks along, the wife felt intense tensing in either sides of her body and was worried about her baby. Janelle had set her up on the table ready to peform an ulstrasound to siff out where the problem was.

Low and behold, there was no baby to begin with. Instead that baby that she thought she had seen, was really a lump showcasing that she had stage 2 ovarian cancer and she would never be able to conceive. The wife had an IED like episode and projected all her anger onto Janelle for giving her false hope and crushing her and her husband's dreams of expanding their family.

Janelle hadn't stepped foot in the clinic since.

The weight was still clinging onto her watching the couple sob as their hearts slowly shattered. Janelle had let a few stray tears go but immediaty wiped them, she couldn't dwell on the situation but instead prayed for the distraught couple.

One week ago:

"This is all your fault! You bitch!" Mrs Phillips yelled attempting to leap at Janelle. "I can never have a baby because of you! What will I do know? You gave us false hope t-that we told our family and friends we were expecting-" Mrs Phillips's voice cracked as she melted into her husband's hold and just wailed.

Janelle stood there with a stuck look on her face, her eyes widened, her hands beginning to get clammy and nausea running speedily through her body. She ran out of the clinical room and to the staff room vomiting into the trash can whilst Nia held her hair away from her mouth and face. Tears streamed down Janelle's face as she began to cry too.

"I-I am so sorry." Janelle shook her head as her shoulders moved vigarously. "I didn't know, Lord forgive me."

"Janelle it isn't your fault. This job isn't easy and it most certainly won't get any easier. All you can do is pray and never dwell onto the situation." Nia's eyes teared up as she cradled Janelle's face.