14|𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴 𝙽𝙾 𝚂𝙴𝙴

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐘
------------------------------------------------------------

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

SIX MONTHS LATER

------------------------------------------------------------

𝙅𝘼𝙉𝙀𝙇𝙇𝙀 𝙎𝘼𝙏 𝙄𝙉 𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝘾𝘼𝙍 ready to walk into the football stadium where Nehemiah would play against the New Orleans Saints. The team were off a game due to the bad weather recently but today, the sun shone and the air was completely warm.

Janelle's nerves picked up as she made her way to the stadium as she already heard screams. The traffic allowed her to arrive at the end of second quarter where she sat in her respected seat next to Kailie who smiled at her briefly before looking at the boys who were talking about their next couple of plays.

Janelle returned the favour and unlocked her phone and went swiping away on instagram. After the situation, the two came to an agreement that their friendship should spark again naturally instead of the constant awkward tension. Janelle apologised a countless number of times and had a conversation stating the boundaries they had and that resulted in them being civil and having a conversation once in a while.

Janelle still willingly took care of Soraya seeming that the child was innocent in the mix as they grew closer in bonds. Not to mention that Soraya's daddy wasn't really involved and still treated Janelle as a sister nevertheless.

❦︎

Third quarter had started and Nehemiah was fumbling the ball in all type of ways that coach called for timeout. Coach spoke a few words before Nehemiah sent his helmet crashing towards the floor and walking into the tunnel to calm down his anger level which was past the peak that it was meant to be.

However, Janelle hadn't seen any of this as she went to the ladies room to relive her bursting bladder. Once she walked out of the bathroom into the hallway she noticed Nehemiah sitting against the wall with his head leaning up. Janelle cautiously walked over and took notice of hot tears dripping down the sides of his eyes and his eyes being bloodshot red.

To say Nehemiah was stressed would be an understatement, after their break, he placed his feelings onto the backburner and never spoke of the situation because if he were to, his heart would break all over again.

His attention span was faltering, the way he played was faltering, and he would scroll through their series of videos and pictures smiling at all their distant memories. One thing he could thank Janelle for was the tighter bond he received between him and the Lord himself.

Attending church on the regular, carrying and reading his Bible almost everywhere he went. But he still had his bad days and today was one of them.

Janelle silently next to Nehemiah and heard him sniffle and wipe his tears, she stared at him in awe. Nehemiah had trimmed his beard a little, gained more weight on the muscular aspects of it all, and overall had matured in looks in comparison to six months ago.

"I miss you." His deep voice grumbled startling Janelle from her checking him out, she quickly replaced it with a small appreciative smile and responded, "I miss you too."

Janelle intertwined her small chubby fingers with his large ones and leaned her head onto his shoulders where he placed a small delicate kiss on her forehead before laying his head on top of hers.

"But why are you sitting here with me when you should be playing on the field?" Janelle asked playing with his fingers. "I fumbled the ball again." Nehemiah mumbled as if he were ashamed to be a pro-athlete and making baby mistakes.

"Everyone makes mistakes and you're telling me as if you're ashamed. Nehemiah stop beating yourself up about it because we all make mistakes. Remember when I accidentally pronounced a woman pregnant? And I've been doing my job for how long?" Janelle stressed to him.

"Get up and tell coach to out you back in." Janelle demanded standing up brushing her plump booty off. "Janelle Neillie Love, I am not going out there-" Nehemiah spoke with a blank face before he was rudely cut off.

"Take yo behind to coach and tell him to put you on the field." Janelle gritted. Nehemiah huffed and made grabby hands to Janelle so she could help pull him up, not forgetting to grip at her waist and graze her behind. "And don't think I didn't catch you slipping in your last nane to replace mine."

Nehemiah laughed loudly and kissed her temple, "When I said you will be my wife, I am as serious as spiritual warfare." He grinned. "Let's hurry up and pray before you go out there." Janelle chuckled.

"Father Lord, we bow down to you today and commit Nehemiah into your hands. We pray that you are able to protect him and the rest of the players on the field for it to be an injury-less game and everyone remains healthy and safe. As we pray, Amen." Janelle concluded not forgetting their signature handshake and a peck at the lips for the end.

Watching Nehemiah run off with a grin on his face and talk to coach and hug him made Janelle smile wide and go back to her respected seat.

❦︎

"GO MIAH! RUN BABY RUN!" Janelle yelled at the top of her lungs as she watched him catch the ball and run to the endzone without second guessing his actions. The ref blew the whistle for the end of the game and the Stallions winning a close call game.

Nehemiah yelled and cheered with the team before running up to Janelle and scooping her into his arms yelling about his victiry making her cackle and congratulate him. An interviewer ran up to the pair to ask Nehemiah about how he think the game went. Janelle tried to slyly slip away before Nehemiah gripped her waist and chuckled.

"Where you think you goin'?" He mumbled in her ear gripping her waist and attaching her to his side.

"So Nehemiah Love with another winning touchdown. Congratulations on your win, however we caught your fumble of the ball and angry outburst? What was going on?" The interveiwer asked.

"Well um, I did second guess myself and fumbled the ball as my mind was completely somewhere else from the field where I could make or break the team. I did apologise to coach and the team for my outburst as I got frustrated and just went off." Nehemiah explained.

"I will have to pay for it tomorrow as coach said I'm running suicides." Nehemiah slipped in making his answer humorous making Janelle and the spokesperson laugh.

"And all of a sudden, end of the third quarter and beginning of the forth, you ran out with all smiles. What was that about?"

"Well once you have an outstanding God-fearing woman on your side, she can certainly change your perspective of everything. I love and appreciate Janelle with my heart and soul and will one-hundred percent be ten steps ahead of her to punch anyone who stops her from being great, I tell you that!" Nehemiah spoke seriously making Janelle cackle where tears brimmed her eyes.

"I love you too though." Janelle cooed kissing his cheek and stroking his chin.

"They are the cutest! Now you hear that folks from Nehemiah Love himself and that the Love of His Life means the world to him. You ladies stay clear of this beautiful black couple which we don't see much of." The interviewer shadely spoke making all three of them laugh.