Chapter 3: Lunch Date

Lilith and Draco were sitting at their table, eating their lunch and talking more about their respective summer holidays. She was enjoying some roast hog and he was having a steak and kidney pie. They are both also drinking some tea.  

Lilith leans forward, "That's amazing. I'm so jealous I wasn't able to go with you, but I couldn't leave my family".

He smiles and grabs her hand, "I know, Lia. We'll have plenty of opportunities to go on trips together-".  

They got interrupted by something bumping the table and causing their food and drinks to tip all over the two. They immediately jump up from their seats and look around to find what the hell just happened. Lilith huffs in anger as she notices an orange cat chasing a ragged-looking rat around the pub.

She pulls out her wand and whispers, "Tergeo".  

Draco follows her actions and the two are now cleaned.

She sighs and runs her hand through her hair, "Merlin, can this day get any worse?".

Draco looks behind her, "Lia...don't turn around".

She looks up with confusion, "Why? What now?".

He walks over and whispers, "We have some more visitors".

She sighs, "Let me guess...".  

He nods as she turns around and sees Harry Potter and Hermione Granger joining the group of Weasleys. Hermione and Ron seemed to be arguing over something, when Lilith noticed the same cat from before in Hermione's arms.  

Draco places his hand on her shoulder, "Let's just leave. They're not at all worth it".

She gives him a smirk, "I just want to pay them a little visit".

He laughs and shakes his head, following behind her. Lilith walks up to the Golden Trio, crossing her arms as she steps in front of Hermione.  

"You know Granger, I would think someone like you would know how to keep a closer eye on their pet".

She scoffs, "Excuse me?".

Draco walks up behind Lilith, "Your cat knocked our table and spilled our food all on us".

Ron raises his eyebrows, "What are you talking about?". He gestures to their clothing, "You have nothing on you".  

Lilith rolls her eyes, "We're not stupid, Weasley, we know how to use a cleaning charm. Why would you even bring a cat, much less a rat, to a pub?".  

They hear a voice from the Weasley's table, "Then why did you bring your guard dog?".

Lilith rolls her eyes and laughs as she shakes her head. She knew exactly the person...or should she say people...that made that particular comment.

She turns her head, "You will never cease to amaze me with your quick wit, boys".

The twins smile, "Always happy to oblige, Lil".

A woman with red hair walks up, "You must be Lilith Snape. My children have told me a lot about you". She puts her hand out, "I'm Molly Weasley".

Lilith smiles politely and shakes her hand, "Pleasure to meet you. The twins have told me good things about you as well".  

Molly laughs, "Well, aren't they sweet? I will say I've heard...mixed reviews about you and...". She looks towards Draco, "...your friend from my other children but the twins have raved about you".

"I'm not surprised. They have been nothing but good friends to Draco and I, and I know they will continue to support us and we support them. Now, if you will excuse us, we have somewhere to be". She turns to the twins, "I'll see you boys on the train".

They start to walk out the pub, waving goodbye to Tom as they do. This was definitely going to be an interesting year.