Chapter 48: Visitors

For the next twenty-four hours, everyone was filled with excitement for the arrival of the students from Durmstrung and Beaubaxtons. Some of the younger Slytherins have noticed that Lilith has been on edge ever since the announcement was made, and wanted to do something for their big sister.

Lilith was sitting on the common room couch in front of the fireplace, reading a book on Parseltongue, when two second-year students walked up to her.

She closes the book and looks up smiling, "Yes my darlings?".

The girl, Ava, sits next to her on the couch, "Well, we just wanted to come and check up on you".

She laughs quietly, "I'm alright, Ava. You guys don't need to worry about me".

The boy who was still standing, Leon, sighs, "You and Draco have already done so much for us and you're only fourteen. Let us do something to pay you back".

Lilith leans back in her seat, "I appreciate the sentiment darlings, but it's my job to take care of my little ones".

Ava smiles, "We just want to make sure you're being taken care of as well".

Lilith blushes slightly, "Trust me, between my father and Draco, I think I'm covered".

Suddenly, a rumble is heard from outside and they could hear the faint sound of wings flapping. Large bubbles start emerging in the window looking out into the Black Lake and what looks like a large ship passes by.

A few moments later, Alex appears from the portrait entrance, "Lil, they're here. The others are already waiting for you".

She nods and turns to the younger two, "Looks like our guests have arrived".

Lilith stands and lets out a big sigh as she walks out of the common room.

Leon turns to Alex, "I'm still shocked that she has so much authority even with the older students".

She laughs, "Like we said when you first started, she may technically be our little sister...but she runs this school".

Lilith speed walks through the halls towards the courtyard, where many of the students were gathered ready to welcome the new arrivals. She finds Draco leaning back, hands in his pockets, on a pillar with their other friends, watching everyone else.

She walks over with her arms crossed, "Let's get this over with".

Pansy smirks, "Glad to see you're in a good mood, Lil".

Neville, who had Blaise's arms around him in a back hug, shakes his head, "Everyone in Gryffindor is way too hyped for this stupid death trap. I swear I'm going to ask for a re-sort. I'm surrounded by idiots".

Theo laughs, "Welcome to the dark side, my friend".

Dumbledore announces from the other end of the courtyard, "Please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic".

The courtyard erupts in cheers as some light and fanciful music starts playing. A woman who was at least ten feet tall dressed in a diaphanous gown strides into the courtyard. One by one, a procession of beautiful Beauxbaton girls enter in perfect synchronisation.

Lilith smirks as she looks around the courtyard to see most of the boys practically drooling over them. She looks over to the boys in her friend group, most of them seemingly unbothered by the girls. Most.

She rolls her eyes at Theo's smirk, hexing him lightly, "Keep it in your pants, Nott".

The Beauxbaton girls all stand to one side of the courtyard as the tall woman, Madam Maxime, walks over to stand with Dumbledore and Hagrid.

Daphne notices her and Hagrid exchanges a look, "Ugh, I'm gonna throw up".

All of a sudden, the thrum of balalaikas fills the courtyard as Dumbledore announces, "And now...our friends from the north! Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrung!".

A tall and arrogant man, that Lilith and Draco recognised as Igor Karkaroff, strides forth, being trailed by a regiment of stoic Durmstrang boys in dark fur coats. This time, it was the girls of Hogwarts that were going crazy...even some of the guys.

Igor walks over to Severus, who was not too far from Lilith's group, "Severus. Long time no see, old friend. I hope your father is well".

Severus rolls his eyes, "As well as he can be".

Lilith chuckles at the interaction before hearing Ron shout, "Omigod! It's him!".

Lilith looks in the same direction, only to see the infamous Viktor Krum looking bored. She's never really understood the appeal of him, neither as a person or as a Quidditch player. He looked around the crowd and managed to make eye contact with Ron, giving him a smirk and a wink.

Lilith hums, "Well this is an unexpected development".