Chapter 11: I've Got You In My Sights

A/N: Yes the title is an Overwatch reference. 

Everyone turns to the Gryffindor table, where the voice came from. Seamus and some other people were huddled over a copy of The Daily Prophet.

Ron asks, "Who?".

Seamus passes him the paper and Lilith turns to the Slytherins, "Someone pass me the paper". 

One of the younger Slytherins passes her a copy and she scans over it. After reading it, she passes it to Neville, Blaise and others around him leaning in to read it as well.  

Daphne whispers, "Achintee?"

Daphne whispers, "Achintee?". She looks up, "That's not far from here".

Neville turns to Lilith, "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?".

Draco shakes his head, "With Dementors at every entrance? I highly doubt it".

Lilith sighs, "He's already slipped by them once. Who's to say he can't do it again?".  

A flicker of fear passes through the Slytherins, especially the younger ones. She needs to have a talk with her grandfather. He has connections to the Dementors after all.  

One of the older Slytherins interjects, "Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands".

Lilith sighs. Why can't she just have one normal year at Hogwarts?  

Later that morning, Lilith and Draco, as well as the boys and Neville, were standing in Lupin's classroom, ready for their Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. In the middle of the room was a tall wardrobe rattling violently. All the students were standing as far back as possible.  

Remus smiles, "Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?".

Seamus answers in a hushed voice, "That's a Boggart, that is".

He nods, "Very good, Mr Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?".

Out of nowhere, Hermione answers, "No one knows".

Neville whispers, "Was she always here?".

Lilith shrugs and Hermione continues, "Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so-".

Remus interrupts, "Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practise it now, shall we? Without wands, please...Riddikulus!".

The class shouts, "Riddikulus!".

Draco whispers, "This class is ridiculous".  

Remus smiles, "Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is...laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you truly find amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?".

Neville freezes in shock, turning to Lilith for guidance. She smiles and nods in encouragement. He nervously steps forward, keeping his eye on the wardrobe.  

Remus asks, "What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?".

He looks back at Lilith, turning to Remus and saying, "Professor Snape".

Everyone laughs, including Lilith and Draco.

Remus smiles and looks at her, "Any thoughts, Miss Snape?".

She smirks, "My father can be quite scary, sir".  

"That he is". He turns to Neville, "I believe you live with your grandmother, Neville?".

He nods, "Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either".

Remus laughs, "It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?". Neville nods and Remus continues, "Right then. Wand at the ready. One. Two. Three!".

Sparks fly from Remus' wand, striking the doorknob and the wardrobe bursts open. Instantly, Severus appears, eyes flashing hideously as he stalks forward towards Neville, who backs away in fright.

He takes a deep breath and shouts, "Riddikulus!".