Chapter 36: Making Up for Lost Time

Book Name Credit to KRISHNABEHEN

Draco would have never guessed that he would be slightly jealous of Barty Crouch Jr. He and Lilith have been practically inseparable for the last couple months, spending every waking moment they could together. At the beginning of the break, Lilith even started sleeping in her uncle's room as she couldn't sleep peacefully so far from him.

Draco tried not to take it personally. He knew that she really needed this time with him given how young she was when he left. Regardless, she still made time for her best friend. Today being one of those days.

Lilith and Draco were sitting with Barty in his bedroom. Barty was sitting up leaning on his pillows, while the other two were cross-legged on the end of the bed facing him. The three were all still in their pyjamas even though it was past midday, Lilith with her hair tied up in a messy bun.

Barty sighs, "I know it's hard, angel, but you need to go back to school in a couple of days. It's important to finish your education if you still wish to open your own Apothecary".

Lilith pouts, "Can't I just stay here and have daddy teach me? I've read pretty much every book we have on potions".

He laughs, "Reading can only get you so far, angel. Technically, yes, your father could teach you about every potion and ingredient on the planet, but unless you know how to run a business and have the proper qualifications, that will be nearly impossible".

She nods, "I just don't want to be away from you longer than I need to, Uncle Barty".

"I know, but you'll have Draco and your father right there with you". He leans his elbows on his knees, "I will always be close to you, angel. Now, are you two excited for the Quidditch World Cup tomorrow?".

Draco jumps in his seat, "You bet. Ireland and Bulgaria will be the biggest match of my life. You have no idea how excited I was when father surprised me with the tickets. And they're box seats from the Minister of Magic".

Lilith laughs, "I will never understand your obsession with Quidditch. Or where you got your skills from". She smirks, "According to Uncle Barty, your father is not particularly...well rounded".

Barty laughs as Draco playfully shoves her head, making her fall onto the bed. He pouts as she lays on her side laughing. He takes a few moments to stare at her lovingly, he's always made an effort to make her laugh...not that it was hard.

Ever since Blaise and Theo pointed it out, Draco's been trying to make his infatuation with his childhood best friend subtle. But, of course, someone noticed.

Barty smirks, "So, Draco, you sure you want your father there at the game with you?".

Draco turns to him confused, "Yeah...why?".

He shrugs, "I just didn't think you'd want a third wheel on your...special outing...with my niece".

Both Draco and Lilith turn to each other before quickly looking away, heavy blushes on their faces. Barty just sits here proud of himself for making them flustered, aware of their obvious feelings for each other even if they deny it to the ends of the Earth.

Lilith clears her throat, "Speaking of outings...". She turns to Draco still on her side, "...did you still want to go to Diagon Alley?".

Draco nods, "Yeah, of course".

She stands from the bed, "I'll meet you downstairs".

She heads out of the room and closes the door behind her, leaving Draco at the mercy of her uncle. Nothing bad can come of that...right? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Here we are. Fourth Year has begun. 

I have been planning some very interesting things for this year. I'm very excited to see what you guys think. 

As you can see, I have chosen the name for this book, Fates' Wager, as suggested by KRISHNABEHEN. I have also chosen the name for the third book and will credit the person in the first chapter. 

As always, if you have any ideas for something you particularly want to see, leave a comment or DM me and I will credit you like in this chapter.