Chapter 40: Time to Play

Lucius leads his son and god-daughter through the crowds at the Quidditch Cup Stadium, making their way towards their seats in the box. They look around the stadium when they notice some familiar faces.

The Weasley family, plus Harry and Hermione, were standing on a podium above them. Luckily they haven't noticed her. She smiles as she sees Cedric and Amos Diggory standing a few feet in front of them.

She calls out, "Cedric!".

He turns around and smiles, starting to walk over with his father, "Hey guys. You weren't kidding about going more formal". He turns to Amos, "Dad, you remember my friends?".

Amos smiles, "Absolutely". He gives Lilith a kiss on the cheek, "Good to see you again, dear. You look lovely".

She smiles, "Thank you, Mr Diggory. Good to see you".

He shakes Draco's hand, "Draco, wonderful to see you".

"Likewise".

He turns to Lucius, "Mr Malfoy, a pleasure as always". He gestures to Cedric, "This is my son, Cedric".

Lucius nods, "Ah, yes. I've heard about you from my son. You've made quite the name for yourself there".

Cedric smiles, "Thank you, sir. I've actually-".

"You've got to be kidding me".

They look up to see Hermione glaring down at them, Harry behind her looking slightly embarrassed.

Lilith squints, "I'm sorry?".

Hermione points between them, "What the hell are you guys doing together?".

"Um...talking?".

Cedric laughs nervously, "Granger, relax. I'm allowed to have other friends".

She scoffs, "Oh please, what could they possibly have that makes them good friends?".

He smirks, "I don't know, why don't you enlighten her, Harry darling?".

Harry visibly stiffens and a blush quickly appears on his face. Lilith and Draco turn to each other smirking, not only at how he handles Hermione but also the obvious connection between him and Harry. Lilith was definitely going to investigate this.

Draco looks up, "Father got us into the Minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself".

Lucius chuckles, "Now, now, Draco. There's no need to boast. Our family has its privileges. As I'm sure your schoolmates are well aware". He places his hand on his back, "Come now, you two. We better get to our seats".

Cedric turns back to them, "I'll catch up with you guys later".

Lilith nods, "Enjoy the game, Cedric. I'm sure from this high up you can...". She looks towards Harry, "...enjoy the view".

Lucius leads them up the stairs to a set of double doors. They open up on their own and the three walk in, seeing the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, talking with the commentator. He turns at the sound of the door, smiling at the family.

He walks over with his hands clasped together, "Lucius, wonderful you could make it, my friend".

Lucius nods, "A pleasure, Cornelius. This is my son, Draco, and my god-daughter, Lilith".

"Ah yes, the infamous Lilith Snape. I've heard quite a bit about you. I have to say I'm impressed with your talents".

She nods with an almost annoyed face, "I would certainly hope so".

This was probably the first time that Draco ever noticed that his best friend has always had a resting bitch face. Not that he minded.

Cornelius smiles, "If there is anything the Ministry can do for you and your father, please let me know".

She tilts her head to the side, "I'll be sure to hold you to that. Minister".