Chapter 38: Run in with a Hufflepuff

Sitting at the table by the window, the two discuss their thoughts about the upcoming school year while eating their ice cream.

Draco hums, "Father was telling me that they're thinking of bringing back the Triwizard Tournament this year".

Lilith squints in confusion, "What, why? Did they forget the reason that it was discontinued in the first place?".

He shrugs, "Apparently so. Father's obviously been protesting but it's ultimately up to the Minister. I think he said they were going to add stricter rules this time".

She scoffs, "I swear to Merlin, that Ministry is run by the stupidest-".

She gets interrupted as someone bumps into her from behind, causing her to jerk forward in her seat. Luckily, Draco caught her arms before she dropped the ice cream.

The person apologises, "Merlin, sorry about that".

She turns around to see a tall boy with short brown hair and grey eyes, wearing a high neck long sleeve woolly jumper. She recognized him as the Seeker from the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.

He smiles, "My apologies, I wasn't looking where I was going".

She smiles back and shakes her head, "That's alright. No harm done". She asks, "You look familiar, you're on the Quidditch team, right?".

He nods, "Yep, Hufflepuff Seeker". He extends his hand, "Cedric Diggory".

She shakes his hand, "That's right, I do remember you, sorry".

He laughs, "Don't be, there's a lot of people at that school. And...I definitely know who you two are, Lilith Snape and Draco Malfoy".

Draco smirks, "Well, we are the only memorable ones apparently".

Lilith gently hits his arm, "Comportez-vous" (Behave).

Cedric laughs, "May I join you?".

She nods, "Please".

Draco takes a bite of his ice cream, "Since when are you nice?".

She smirks, "I'm always nice".

He shakes his head, "Actual nice. Not sarcastic like your grandfather nice".

Cedric laughs, "I can already tell we're gonna be good friends". He grabs a nearby chair and sits facing the window, "Are you guys going to the World Cup tomorrow?".

Lilith nods, "You bet. Draco's been hyping this up for weeks".

"I've been talking my old man's ear off about it as well". He smirks, "Let me guess, you guys are going to be dressed up?".

Draco shrugs, "I mean, the Minster gave us box seats so I think it would be expected of us to at least be a little more formal".

Cedric turns to Lilith, "I never took you as the type to be into Quidditch?".

She laughs, "I'm not, Draco invited me to go with him. If it wasn't for him, I would be spending my break with my grandfather who I haven't seen in a year, my uncle who just came home, my pets who are both all grown up-".

Draco shakes his head, "Alright, enough. I get it. You didn't have to say yes".

Cedric cocks his head to the side, "Like you could ever say no to each other".

Lilith and Draco turn to each other, "Fair enough".

The front door opens and a tall man with light brown hair and thin-framed glasses walks in looking around.

He spots the trio and makes his way over, "Cedric!".

Cedric turns around and smiles, "Dad, hey".

"You were supposed to meet me outside of Gringotts".

"Sorry, I ran into some friends". He stands next to his father and gestures to the other two, "This is Lilith and Draco, they go to Hogwarts as well".

The man nods and outstretches his hands, "Mr Malfoy, a pleasure. Miss Snape, I've heard so much about you. I'm Amos Diggory, Cedric's father".

Lilith smiles and shakes his hand, "Very nice to meet you, Mr Diggory".

Amos smiles, "I apologise, but my son and I need to head home".

Cedric nods, "I'll see you guys at the World Cup tomorrow".

They wave goodbye, "Bye Cedric" "See you later".