What?!...

It's been a week.

One long and peaceful week.

Samaus' wound had closed up and had healed almost fully. He was in the backyard with some of the kids. Mainly the younger ones.
Kai and Tai were chasing each other playing hide and seek.

Rai had left to work. His boss had needed some help on deliveries.

Mai and Sai were inside playing on their phones and brushing their hair.

Samaus chuckled at the two boys playing outside. He yawned and stood up to make some lunch for everyone. Mr Kenchi was back at his shop while his wife was at the hospital working on some animals that had gotten hurt in a brutal fight.

Samaus went inside and started cooking some spaghetti. He kept an eye out for the two boys in the backyard that were close to the cliff.

Kai and Tai came in panting and thirsty from their running.

Samaus laughed at them and gave them both some water before fixing them a plate of food. "You guys hungry? I made spaghetti."

Tai nodded happily. "Yes please Mr Sam."

Samaus smiled and sat the table. "Kai. Get your sisters. I've made some for everyone."

Kai grinned and ran into his sister's rooms and banged on their doors. "YO SAI MAI! TIME TO EAT!"

Both girls ran out their rooms and tackled their brother before punching his head once each.

The three got up and went downstairs to the kitchen.

Sai smelled in the aroma. "Smells delicious. You sure your not gay Sam?"

Mai chuckled lightly at that. "Only good men can cook perfectly."

Samaus blushed. "I don't think that's very nice Sai, Mai. I never dated anyone so I wouldn't know anyways. Besides I learned how to cook myself cause I was an orphan. Now let's dig in before your brothers eat everything. I've saved some for your mom and dad and even Rai."

They nodded and started to eat.

When they were all done Samaus did the dishes and the girls want back to their rooms. The boy's went back outside to play.

About an hour later, Samaus was slightly dozing off in the chair outside while the boys played. Samaus bolted upright when he heard a scream. He looked around and seen Tai looking down the cliff.

Samaus ran towards the cliff and looked down. "KAI!"

Kami was holding onto a branch on the cliff and it was breaking fast. "Help!"

Samaus looked to Tai. "Go inside and get your sisters. Tell them Kai needs help. I'm gonna try and see if I can reach him and pull him up." Samaus bites him lip. "I hope this works."

Tai ran inside to get Sai and Mai.

Samaus pulled off his shirt and ripped it some to make a rope. He tied it to his leg and then to a tree next to the cliff. He reaches his Hand out to see how far he could reach without coming off the side. He frowned as he couldn't reach Kai. He unties his torn shirt from his foot and the tree. He lowers the himself down slowly. He was gonna try to scale the cliff down to reach Kai and get him back to safety. Samaus gasped as he seen Kai slipping. Samaus lost his footing and his foot got caught in a hole near Kai. He strangled his cry of pain and let his arms dangle towards Kai. "Kai... grab my...hands... "
Kai's scared look stared at first but he tried to anyways.
Samaus grabbed Kai's hands and quickly pulled him towards him. He felt a warm trickle of liquid run down his chest and down to his arm. He seen the red blood run towards the rushing water below. His gun shot wound had reopened a bit.

"SAM! Your bleeding!" Kai said worriedly obviously forgetting about him almost falling.

Samaus smiled painfully. "I'll be okay Kai. Just... hold on... I'm pulling up towards the cliffs edge. Your... sisters should be there...by now..."

Sai, Mai, and Tai saw what was happening and went to help.

Samaus seen them and cried out before anything transpired. "No! Stay up there! I'll get Kai up to you. You guys grab him. When your done call your dad. My foots stuck so I'm not going anywhere yet."

Mai pulled out her phone and called Kenchi. She gave the phone to her little brother. "Tai tell dad. Me and Sao are gonna get Kai up."

Tai nodded and spoke to their father.

Samaus looked directly into Kai's eyes. "I'm gonna have to throw you up to them. Promise me something?" He got a nod. "Watch out for your brothers and sisters. Tell them not to worry about me. I'll be okay. My foot is coming out of the rocks... I feel it. If I were to go to the hospital I'll be sent to death for something I never did. Don't let your father look for me. Tell them all not to look for me. If I fall I fall. If I don't I'll hide until things calm down. I probably won't really survive but I have a feeling that I'll come back anyways. Be safe."

By this time Kai was crying. He looked at Samaus. "Please... come back..."

Samaus smiled, a tear fell from his eyes. "I will. I'm throwing you now cause I'm slipping. Be safe kid. I promise I'll see you again one day." He smiled and threw Kai up to the cliff. "CATCH KAI!" He shouted.

Mai and Sao quickly caught their brother falling backwards.

"Goodbye... My friends...thank you... for everything..." Samaus whispered as his foot came undone from the rocks, broken and bleeding. Samaus fell to his death to the dark watery world below him. He closed his eyes and braced for impact.

Samaus crashed into the water knocking all the air out of his lungs. He sunk to the bottom and lost consciousness not knowing what he was going to wake up to if he ever woke again...

~~~~~
This is not the end. This is just the beginning... ^~^