Saving Sam

Sam woke up later that night hearing slight screams. He could barely hear it but he smiled faintly before letting his eyes close again as he stayed limp where he hung.

~~~~
Kakashi and Shikamaru watched as Shizune, a very skilled medic shinobi came running to them with Pakkun leading.

Shizune stopped in front of them. "Lady Tsunade sent me in case Sam needed medical help considering Pakkun here told us he smelt blood. Have you a plan to get him out?"

Kakashi spoke. "We do. We are to infiltrate the building from the roof and knock out or kill the enemy ninjas and Pakkun will find Sam's scent as we will save him and bring him back to the leaf."

Shikamaru sighed. "I will be the distraction as I can stop their movements with my shadow paralysis jutsu and my shadow stitching. You and Kakashi will be getting to the roof and go from there. After all they don't expect me to be a chunin already. They will expect me to be a genin. Let's hurry this along so we can go home. I need some sleep." To prove his point Shikamaru yawned.

Kakashi sweat dropped. "You can sleep as soon as you get back home Shikamaru. For now let's finish the mission quickly so we can get back."

Shizune smiled slightly. "Let's do our best and save Sam!"

Kakashi eye smiled and all three split up to their locations and started the plan.

~~~~
Kakashi killed one of the ninjas as he seen Shikamaru take care of the other one. He noticed one was burly while the other was scrawny. He narrowed his eyes. One thought came to mind. Where was the leader?

~~~~
Sam awoke again screaming as he felt thousands of bolts of electricity flowing through his body as the man the was with him before had came back when he had heard the screams as he wanted payback for losing his teammates.

A sickening grin was plastered on the man's face as pulled out his kunai knife and held it against Sam's throat. "You must be important to the leaf of the hokage sent some of her ninjas to find you. I'll just kill you in front of them for them killing my teammates!" He laughed like the joker from the batman movie Sam watched a lot when he had it back home.

Sam closed his eyes tightly with a few silent tears falling down his face as he clenched his teeth hard. He was accepting the fact that he might die if Kakashi didn't save him soon.

The knife pressed closer to Sam's neck. A drop of blood fell before it stopped.

The door had opened and Shikamaru stood there controlling the man making him remove the knife from Sam's neck and made him drop the kunai before paralyzing him. He walked in as he was followed by the others.

Pakkun dispelled to go back to his home where ever it is that he goes to.

Kakashi and Shizune ran to Sam while Shikamaru tied the man up and got Sam's picture and bandana from the ground. He frowned when he seen the torn clothes but looked over to see all the blood on Sam's naked body.

Sam opened his tired and heavy eyelids. When he saw Kakashi he smiled happily even if it was small. He spoke very hoarse as his throat hurt from screaming so much. "K...ka...shi...I...knew...You'd....c...come..." Sam's eyes glassed over as he blacked out.

Kakashi quickly got him down from the ceiling and caught him in his arms when he started to fall to the ground. Kakashi unzipped his vest and took off his extra shirt as he only wire his sleeveless shirt that covered his mouth and nose. He let Shizune heal Sam as much as she could to stop the blood from all of his wounds from spilling. Together they both pulled out gauze from their pouches and started to wrap the wounds.

Sam looked like a mummy almost with all the bandages.

Kakashi gently put his extra shirt on Sam's torso to keep him from getting cold. He put his jonin vest back on so he was sleeveless.

They were glad that the shirt was a bit too big on Sam's smaller body as it was like a dress almost on him or at least went to his thighs. It at least covered his genitals well.

Shikamaru fashioned something to cover Sam better with the tattered clothes by making it wrap around Sam as he helped Kakashi wrap him before he was gently lifted bridal style in Kakashi's arms.

Sam's head laid on Kakashi's shoulder fast asleep. His lips were parted as he breathed lightly and a bit uneven as he was still hurting in his unconscious state. One arm was hanging limp from his body while the other was on his stomach next to Kakashi's stomach.

Shikamaru kicked the man to stand and pulled the rope to make him follow as the now five people left the room and went back to the leaf as quickly as they could with an injured and unconscious person and a prisoner.

Sam slept the whole way back to the village and didn't wake up.

Kakashi was worried and stayed by him as Shizune went to get Tsunade to heal Sam as best she could for him for the time being. Shikamaru brought the man to the T & I building for Ibiki to torture the kidnapper for answers.