nightmares after showers

Kakashi took a good thirty minute shower. Steam surrounded him in his bathroom. He wrapped his towel around his waist and another was on his head covering his spikey silver hair with his bottom half of his face a bit. He walked out of the bathroom and went to his closet to put some clothes on. He managed to put some boxers on and a masked sleeveless shirt on before he noticed Sam whimpering and breathing fast as he seemed to be struggling in the blankets. Kakashis thoughts went with horrible nightmare so he walked over and sat down on his bed beside Sam and gently touched his forehead. He pulled back when he heard Sam gasp before the boy bolted upright panting and panicking.

Kakashi gently wrapped his arms around Sam getting a flinch at first and a small struggling for a minute before Kakashi gently ran a hand through Sam's hair to calm him. To let him know he wasn't in danger.
Sam opened his eyes and found that his head was on a warm chest. He spoke in a hoarse and cracked voice. "Ka..kashi?"

Kakashi hmmed in response.

Sam let the tears fall from his eyes as the nightmare was still fresh on his mind.

Kakashi stroked the males hair and sung a small and gentle song. (Play the song at top)

Sam slowly calmed down but still hiccupped and sniffled from crying. He didn't even notice that Kakashi laid them down on the bed with his head on Kakashis chest with his hand still running through his hair. It relaxed him and comforted him.

Kakashi laid on top of the blankets while Sam laid under them. He felt that he should stay with Sam if his nightmares kept coming so he decided not to sleep on the couch tonight.

They both fell asleep like that till morning.