my savior | curtis everett

After a hard battle with the guards, to have more protein blocks, she had to heal those who were injured. One particularly draws her attention. The one with the beanie… She approaches him. “I wanna help you, may I?” He lifts his head up. His blue eyes catch her attention. “Sure…” He lifts his shirt covered with blood, she looks at his wounds. “Hmmm, it’ll be okay… It’s not deep… I’m gonna disinfect the wounds.” She soaks the cotton with alcohol and passes it over his wounds, he winces and grabs her leg. “I’m sorry… It won’t be long.” She continues to pass the cotton over his wounds. “Can you take off your shirt? I want to put a bandage around your waist. Please…” He releases his hand off her leg and takes off his shirt. She puts the bandage around his waist, slowly to avoid the pain, she cuts the limit of the bandage and fixes it. “There you go… I’ll come back to see if it’s better. You should get some rest...” She stands up and starts to walk away but he grabs her wrist. 

“Thank you…” He smiles lightly and rubs her hand. She smiles and nods to him. She goes to take care of the others injured. A few hours later, she came back and goes to her bed, she climbs the little ladder but her foot slipped and she falls. The guy who was next to the beanie guy sits up on his bed. “Are you okay ?” 

“Yeah, sorry…” She rubs her forehead and this guy hands out. She takes his hand and he lifts her up. “I’m Edgar…Nice to meet you. I didn’t see you before…” 

“I’m y/n. I’m very discreet but when it’s for saving people, I’m not so far…” She chuckles. “I was gonna sleep but I don’t have the energy anymore…This was a long day to help every people who were injured but now, they will be healed soon.”  

“Thanks to you…” Edgar smiles and she blushes. “Edgar! Leave her alone!” The beanie guy comes next to you and Edgar. “I’m sorry about his behave…” 
“That’s alright, don’t worry…” She waves. 
“Don’t do it again Edgar. Now go!” 
“Sorry Curtis…” 
“He won’t bother you anymore…” 
“Oh, that’s alright. How are your wounds?” 
“They’re fine, thanks to you…” He smiles lightly. “I help you.” 
“Oh, I don’t wanna disturb you.”

 He picks her up and put her on his bed. 
“You can sleep on my bed tonight. I’ll take yours.” 
“Oh, that’s sweet of you. I mean it. Thank you…” 

Guards come and start to hit metal bars. “Everyone up! Come on quick!” 
“Stay down!” He whispers and lies on her covering her from the guards. He was warm, and his eyes were keeping an eye on her. She didn’t feel that before, protection. She was always on her own.
The guards check every bed and open the curtains from Curtis's bed. They pass his bed and go to the front. 
“They’re gone Curtis” Edgar whispers. 
He sits up and lets her sit on his bed. “You okay?” He puts a hand on her back.
“Yeah, I’m okay.” She stands up and looks at him. “Thank you, Curtis…” She blushes. 
“I just save your life. I don’t want them to hit you” He scratches his beanie.
She smiles one last time and goes to see Tanya and Timmy.

***
Hours later, the guards call everyone in the section for checking. They all sit down one by one, Curtis was the only one who still stands up. 
“Sit down!” The guard warns him.
“Curtis, sit down…” Edgar whispers and y/n looks at Curtis. 
“SIT DOWN!” The guard points his gun at Curtis. y/n stands up. 
“This man is injured, let me help him…” 
“You better shut up and both sit down.” The guard approaches them with the gun pointed at her. “Don’t let me warn you again…” 
They both sit down, and the guard goes back with the other guard. “Protein blocks are ready. Come and get it” 
Everyone take their protein blocks and when it was the turn of y/n, the guard grabs her wrist. “No protein block for you. Go.”
“Are you serious? I need to eat.” 
“Sorry lady, no protein block for you.” She scoffs and goes away from the guard. She storms to her bed. She climbs it and closes the curtain. 

A few minutes later, Curtis didn’t see y/n at all of the afternoon, he goes in front of her bed. She was cuddling herself, putting her head on her knees. He can see her because she had turned the light on. 
“y/n?” She lifts her head up but doesn’t open the curtain. “I have a protein block for you…” 
She doesn't answer. “Look, if you don’t eat. I will force you to eat it, and I don’t wanna do that to you.” 
She opens the curtain and looks at him. She cried, her eyes were red. 
“Here for you.” He hands out the protein block. 
“Thank you…” She smiles weakly. He climbs on her bed and sits next to her. She takes a small bite of her protein block. She always found that awful, like all the passengers on this train. He rubs her arm and smiles at her. 
“You know,  I may be a little scary but you can talk to me if you need.” He puts his hand on her thigh. 
“Thank you…” She lifts her head up and a tear rolls down her cheek. She wipes her tear away with her thumb. 

“y/n y/l/n?” A guard comes towards her.
“Yes?” 
“You have to follow me to the front section.” 
“Why? I’m okay here. I don’t see why I should go in the front section…” 
“You have to follow me. That’s an order.” 
“I won’t go anywhere.” She climbs down off her bed. “If you think I’m gonna go you can fuck your-” She couldn’t finish her sentence when the guard knock her head with his rifle. She collapses on the floor.
“Hey back off, bastard !!!” Curtis punches the guard and pushes him against the wall, everyone tries to lift y/n up. “If you touch her again, I’m gonna kick your ass!  And this time I won’t be alone…” His eyes darken. “Now, get out of here!” He pushes the guard away. Curtis turns around and sees y/n injured in the head. “You okay?” 
“Yeah it’s just a scratch don’t worry.” She walks away from him. She sits down and tries to cover her wound but the pain can’t allow her to put the bandage on her. He sits next to her and starts to put his hand on her forehead but she holds his hand. “Let me help you y/n. Please.” She drops her hand and lets him do the bandage. He cleans her wound, she winces and clutches her hand. “Sorry, I’ll be quick.” He ends to clean, and put the bandage on her forehead. “Done.” She looked down, he lifts her head up with his hand on her chin. “You’re gonna be okay, I promise.” 
“Thank you…” She hugs him. He raise his hands up, surprised by her action. He hugs her back. She sobs into his chest, he didn’t know this part of her. She always had her shell, but now she just feel safe with him. “But I don’t want you to be killed by these bastards.” She mutters. 
“Don’t worry. They won’t do anything.” He puts his hands on her cheeks and kisses her cheek. 

“y/n?” She looks behind Curtis, all the passengers were here to support, same as Edgar, Tanya and Gilliam. “They won’t touch you anymore. You’re our hope y/n.” Tanya expresses to her. She chuckles and let her tears fall. “FOR Y/N!” Tanya raises her fist in the air. 
“FOR Y/N!” Everyone raise their fist in the air. She thought she would be alon but she was wrong. Everyone were tired of Wilford, it was the time to revolt. Curtis whispers “For you.” 

She giggles. He puts his hand on her cheeks. She didn’t expect that he’ll kiss her, she was surprised but she wraps her arms around his neck. Everyone are happy to see them, together. For her, he was her savior and for him, she was everything. They’ll fight together, whatever it takes.