in love with my boss | pete brenner

“What do you need y/n ? I’m working…” I know he’s annoyed every morning so I try to stay professionnal.

“Sorry…” I put the papers on his desk and a cup of coffee.

“What’s this?” He raises his eyebrows and looks at me. Yep, kinda fucked up…

“It’s a coffee, black coffee with sugar, as you like. Have a good day, Pete.” I walk away and go to my desk. Pete is surprised about my gesture, he never receives coffee from someone. He’s always obliged to go grab this coffee alone, which when he came back to his office, it’s already cold. But this time, his coffee will be warm, thanks to y/n.

I see him smirk and drink his warm coffee. He goes back to work and seems less cold than this morning.

After a few hours, reading some files and correcting some of them. Pete is coming in front of my desk, with some papers.

“y/n, can I ask you something?” He leans, both of his hands on my desk.

“Yeah, sure. What is it ?” I stop what I was doing on my computer and turn my swivel chair to him.

“Umm, I have a problem with the babysitter for tonight. Do you think you can help me to keep my baby girl with you ?”

I’m a little upset about his question. I thought he would asked me on a date but no, he asked me to keep his daughter. After all, I’m only one of his employee. I’m nothing to him… I should stay focus on my job.

“Yeah, sure. What time should I be at your house ?” I take a post-it and a pen, and give it to him.

“7 PM sharp. Here’s the address.” He writes everything on my post-it and gives it back to me. “See you tonight.” He walks away and I sigh, putting my hands on my head.

***

I arrive at Pete’s house and ring at the security portal.

“Yeah, who is it?” I hear Pete and a baby crying.

“It’s me y/n.” I didn’t need to tell more when I see the security portal opening. The house is huge and there’s a lot of cars at the front of the house.

I get out of my car and go to the front door. I sigh and knock at the door.

“It’ll be okay, everything’s gonna be okay…” I tell to myself and take a deep breath.

A door is opening and I see Pete with a tie, stained with milk, his hair are messy, and I see a beautiful baby girl. She has the same eyes as him, she looks like him.

“Hi, come in.” I get inside and walk to the living room. His house is too big for me, of course I only have a little apartment. “This is Emma, my little sweetheart. She’s the only thing I still have. You say hi to y/n, baby?” She waves her little toy at me. I’m in awe.

He gives Emma to me and she instantly puts her head on my chest. I look at Pete who is surprised by Emma’s action.

“Well, she definitely likes you. The babysitter had a difficult time to bond with my little baby first, but with you, she already feels comfort.” He raises his eyebrows and undo his tie. “I need to change, can I leave you for a minute with her?”

“Yeah, sure.” He rushes to his bedroom and I stay with Emma in my arms. I rock her and she coos. Pete was right, she feels comfort in my arms and she doesn’t cry. I mean I love kids but my boss’ daughter? Well, I already fall in love with her and I have a crush on her father. What could possibly go wrong?

I look around the living room, looking at every pictures, one is drawing my attention. Pete is with a woman and they both look happy. I sigh and look at Emma, she smiles and giggles. I shake my head and kiss the top of her head. I look outside the window, the beach looks so tiny from here.