love with flowers | cole turner

**COLE’S POV**

“That’ll be 20$ sir…” I said to the old man when I was finishing wrapping flowers. 
“I hope my wife will love them, it’s our 40th wedding anniversary…” He says when he gives me the money. 
“I’m sure she’ll love it…” I say when I give him the flowers. “And congratulations” 
“Thank you. You know, if you have a woman in your life, cherish her and tell her how much you love her. Enjoy every moment with her.” He says when he takes my hand.
“I’ll listen to your advice” I smile at him before he walks away.

A few hours later, I start to put all the plants and flowers I didn’t sell today in the trunk until a girl was looking for the last ones I had on the table. 
“Can I help you?” I say before I begin to stop moving. God, she’s so beautiful.
“Um, yes. Do you have some lilies? I’m looking for a few hours to have those flowers but all the florists don’t have them.” She sighs.
“You’re lucky, miss. I have some in the trunk.” I say when I go take the lilies. 
“Ohhh thank you so much! You made my day!” She smiles. I wrap the flowers with some old newspapers and give them to her. 
“How much is it?” She says when she takes her wallet. 
“Well, they’re 30$ but for you, it’s free.” 
“Oh no, I wanna pay, please…” She hands me 30$ but I give it back to her. 
“No, I mean it. It’s free.” 
She smiles and giggles. “Thank you” 
“Anything for a pretty girl like you…” She giggles at my compliment. “I-I mean…” I sigh and shake my head “Sorry…” 
“No, it’s okay, don’t worry. I didn’t take that badly. It’s cute of you.” 

We stay silent for a few seconds. She smells her flowers with her eyes closed. 
“I was thinking, maybe we should go out sometimes, you know like a date.” 
“I’d appreciate that. I give you my phone number.” She takes out her phone and gives it to me. I put my phone number on her phone and give her back. 
“How about tonight? Is 8 pm okay for you at this spot?” She asks me.
“Sounds great to me.” 
“Okay, see you soon.” She smiles and waves at me. 

**Y/N’S POV**

“Do you think this is a great idea?” I say to April on the phone. 
“I’m 100% sure. He looks kind, cute, and romantic, according to the flowers he gave you for free.” She says while she was pouring a glass of wine. 
“What do you think of this dress?” I show her my white dress with little flowers. “With this cardigan?” I put them in front of my body. 
“That’s perfect! What shoes are you gonna wear?” 
“I hesitate between some Converse and sandals…” I say when I scratch my head. 
“Okay, go get dressed, and then you send me photos. I have to prepare dinner.” 
“Okay, say hi to Marcus for me” I say before we say goodbye to each other. I look at the time. 7 pm. I go into the bathroom and put a light makeup, and send pictures to April to recommend which shoes I should wear with my dress. I brush my hair when I heard my phone ring. 

April: The sandals look great with your dress ❤️

Thank you, April. Do you think he’ll like it? 

April: Don’t stress, he’ll love it. 

Thanks, April. I’ll tell you how it happened. 

April: Have a lovely moment. You deserve it. 
And remember, I’m always here for you ❤️

I finish preparing myself, close the door of my apartment, and go join the cute guy I saw this afternoon. 
A few minutes later, I’m at the spot where he was selling his flowers. I’m looking at my phone. 8 pm. He’s not there. I play with my necklace until I heard the horn of a car. It’s him. He opens his window and waves at me. He gets out of his car. 

“I’m sorry, there was traffic” 
“It’s okay, I thought you weren’t gonna show up…” 
“Why are you saying that?” 
“Ohhh, um…” I scratch my head. “Last time I had a date, the guy never came…” I say when I lower my head. 
“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that…” He puts his hand on my arm and rubs it. 
“It’s alright…” I smile weakly. I frown. There is something behind his back…
“What’s behind your back?” I giggle. 
“What? Oh yeah!” He says when a bouquet of daisies appears in front of me. “I brought you some flowers. I hope you like them…” He gives me the flowers.
“Thank you so much, they’re pretty” I giggle. 
“How are your lilies?” He says with a smile. 
“Oh, they’re great. But they weren’t for me… They were for my grandma…” 
“Oh, how is she?” 
“She’s okay, she’s always smiling. Lilies mean a lot to her, it remembers her my grandfather.” 
He smiles softly when I explain. No one ever listens to me like that before, but it was different with him, he understands.
“How about we go eat something and we walk after?” 
“I like it” 

We eat not so far from where he sells his plants. He told me that wasn’t his stall but his friend’s. He’s selling honey and some herbs. We talk about our jobs and we laugh until it has to close. We walk towards a lake and we sit on the grass. 

“I was thinking…” He says when I look at him and he was looking at the sky but sighs“I don’t know…” 
“No, go on, tell me…” I say with a worried look. 
“I really wanna go on a second date with you, it’s lovely to be with you all night.” He looks at me with his ocean-blue eyes and smiles. 
“I really love to be with you too…” I smile and put my hand on his. He intertwines his fingers with mine. He approaches his face, and our lips are close to kiss. 
“Can I?” He asks, I chuckle and nod. He presses his lips on mine, his kiss is tender and sweet. He puts his hands on my cheeks. I pull back and put my forehead on his. 
“You’re a cute guy, Cole…” I say with a smile. 
“You’re cute too” He kisses me. I put my hands on his arms. 

After this beautiful moment under the stars, Cole drives me to my apartment. 
“Thank you for tonight, I enjoy it. I hope we’ll do it again.” I say.
He leans on me, puts his hands on my waist, and puts his forehead on mine. 
“I love you y/n…” He whispers. He puts his fingers on my chin and kisses me. I put my hands on his elbows to avoid falling. I melt with his kiss. 
“I love you too Cole…” I whisper with a heavy breath. 
“I should go” He kisses my forehead and start to go before I grab his hand. 
“You don’t wanna stay?” 
He looks at me with his ocean-blue eyes and looks down.
“Oh… Okay… Well, have a good night Cole.” I open my door and close it behind me. I sit on the floor and sigh. 

What a dumb girl I am… What was I thinking? 

I hear my door knocking but I don’t want to open it. 
“y/n, I’m sorry, what I said was dumb. Please open the door.” 
“Leave me alone, Cole. I don’t wanna talk to you anymore, forget me and go.” 
“You didn’t mean it y/n, I love you.” 
“Please go away…” I say with tears on my face. 
I hear him sigh and go. I sob into my arms until I stand up, go change, and lie on my bed. I cry until I fall asleep. 

The next morning, I woke up with the smell of flowers in my nostrils. I rub my eyes and I see a bouquet of roses and a letter. I open the letter and read it:

I’m sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to hurt you…
Please forgive me, I’ll be back with breakfast and some drinks. 
I love you x

I smile at the letter and try to think how he could enter my apartment. I remember I forgot to lock the door before going to bed. 
I heard the door closing and footsteps coming into my bedroom. He knocks at my door and peeks his head. 
“y/n? You awake?” He opens the door with his hip and looks at me, playing with the roses. 
He puts the breakfast on the edge of the bed and sits next to me. I was still looking at the roses.
“I’m so sorry, I thought I was nothing for you… But I was wrong…” He lowers his head. “I’ll understand if you want me to go…” 
I take his hand and intertwine my fingers with his. He looks at me, I shed a tear and look at him. He cups my cheek with his hand and I kiss him. 

All I remember is we had sex and it was amazing.
“So, you still want me?” He asks when he caresses my arm. 
“If you’re not going after sex, then yes…” I say with my hand scratching his chest. 
He kisses my lips and then my neck which makes me escape a moan.
“Is that answering your question?” He whispers in the crook of my neck, kissing it again.
“Yes…” I giggle and kiss him with passion. “We forgot to take our breakfast…” 
“That can wait…” He tilts his head and scrunches his nose. I laugh and we go under the sheets.