until death do us part | steve rogers

The fight with Thanos gets tough, and Steve is wounded but still standing. I try to stand up, but my leg injury prevents me from doing so. 
I grab the branch next to me and stand up slowly, I groan and sit. I see him walking towards me. 
“You okay?” He says when he cups my cheeks. 
“I can’t stand up…” I say with a shaky voice. 
“Okay, hold on…” He picks me up in a bridal style and puts me on the tree trunk. “Let me see…” He tries to help but Thanos hits him and he is propelled several meters away from me.
“STEVE !!” I yell but Thanos grabs me by my neck and holds me tight. I scream in pain, he throws me on the floor.
“y/n y/l/n, you’re too weak to fight me and your stupid boyfriend can’t save you.” He grabs his double-edged sword and looks at Steve with a big smile. Steve tries to stand up but falls. He starts to crawl towards me. 

I take the knife I had in my pocket and stab him in the back. He hisses and turns to me. At this moment, time has stopped and Steve is scared about me. I can see it on his face, I nod at him to say it’s gonna be alright. I mouth ‘I love you’ to him before I feel the double-edged sword on my stomach. Steve is yelling in the back and all I feel is pain. Thanos stabbed me and he won. He removes his double-edged sword from my stomach and a tear falls on my cheek. Thor cuts Thanos’ head before he tries to stab my chest. I barely see Thor help to stand Steve up. 

“y/n…” I can feel Steve’s hands on my cheeks and Thor’s hands on my stomach. “Stay awake sweetheart, stay with me…” 
“I… feel… tired…” I was saying it when I was trying to take a breath between each word. 
“I know honey, but keep those beautiful eyes open for me, okay?”
“She’s losing a lot of blood Steve…” Thor says to Steve “I don’t know how we’ll get her to the Quinjet…” 
Steve looks at me and tucks some hair behind my ear. 
“You… have… to go…”  I say when I shed some tears. 
“No, not without you sweetie…” 
I can see Tony, Natasha, Clint and Bruce running towards me. Before I passed out, I heard Steve telling me to stay awake and to hold his hand. 

**STEVE’S POV**

“y/n? y/n?!” I touch her neck to check her pulse. She’s still alive but I don’t know how much longer…
“We have to take her to the Quinjet right now!” I pick her up and run to the Quinjet. I put her on the medical bed and put the IV on her. Bruce is examining her and treats the spot where she was stabbed. She’s still unconscious but I know she’s gonna wake up. I don’t wanna lose her… 
I stayed close to her until we arrived at the compound. I didn’t let go of her hand. 
“Steve, we have to operate on her… You can wait in the living room…” I didn’t answer and looked at my beautiful y/n. She’s pale. I kiss the back of her hand before she is taken away from me.
“Don’t worry pal, she’s gonna be okay…” Tony says when he pats my shoulder. I didn’t answer, stormed into our bedroom and slammed the door behind me. 
I sit on our bed and put my hands on my head. I silently cry. I’m so scared to lose her right now. 

**2015**

“Here you go Rogers…” She gives me my beer. She’s wearing a beautiful blue dress. I don’t remember her wearing a dress. She’s always wearing sweatpants or leggings. But tonight, she’s gorgeous. I mean she’s always gorgeous but tonight, she’s so pretty. 
“Thank you…” I take a sip of my beer and look at her. 
“What?” She says with a weak smile on her face.
“Nothing, I just…” I look down and shake my head. “Nevermind…” I take my beer and go upstairs. I go outside, lean my arms on the balcony with my beer in my hands, and enjoy the view. It's so quiet and it’s very different from New York. We are in a private zone so no one would disturb us. 

I feel like home here, more than Brooklyn. I sigh and take another sip of my beer when I hear footsteps behind me. 
“Hey, you okay? You’re ignoring me tonight…” She walks towards me and looks at me with a worried look.
“That wasn’t the intention. I’m sorry…” 
“What’s on your mind Steve?” 
“Nothing…” I take a sip.
“I don’t believe you…” She shakes her head. “Are you mad at me?”  She frowns her eyebrows.
“What? No, absolutely not.” I look at her and reassure her. 
“Then, what is it? Because I feel like a ghost tonight for you…” I put the empty bottle on the coffee table and turned her to me. 
“You’re not a ghost… I just…” I pause for a moment, she is frowning. Okay Steve, time to tell the truth. “I just have feelings for you…” 
Her eyes were wide open and looks at me shocked. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. 
“Really?” I nod to her. 
“Since we met in New York, I began to feel something for you. You’re sweet, you helped me a lot…I was scared to tell you and I thought it was too late for me, but I was wrong… I love you y/n…” I cup her cheeks with my hands and stroke them. She looks down and doesn't smile. 
“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have-” I drop my hands and start to go back to the balcony.
“I have had feelings for you too for a long time…” She interrupts and looks into my eyes. “I thought I wasn’t your type of girl, I thought you were Captain America, the guy who is sleeping with everyone and a playboy… But I was wrong, you’re not like that, you’re the sweetest guy I’ve ever met in my life…” 
I turn around, cup her cheeks and kiss her. She puts her hands on my back. The kiss was soft and sweet. She pulls back and she puts her forehead on mine. 
“I love you Steve…” She says with a shaky voice.
“I love you more y/n…” I say before I kiss her again. 

During the night, we had sex and it was amazing. The way she was saying my name when she moaned, her breasts on my chest. Feeling her, touching her. All of this was so great. I put the sheets on her and I stroke her back with my fingers softly. She has her hand and her head on my chest. She hums and relaxes. 
“You okay, sweetheart?” I whisper. 
“With you? Yes…” She says and I kiss the top of her head. 
“Can I ask you a question?” 
“Sure…” 
“Do you wanna be my girlfriend?” 
She looks at me and smiles. She pecks my lips and I smile at her. 
“Yes, Stevie…” She nods with a big smile. “You’re my only love and I wanna spend my whole life with you…” She says when she cups my cheeks and strokes them with her thumbs. I cup her cheeks and kiss her passionately. 
“Until death do us part…” 

***

I get up and get a shower. I put my hand on the wall and let the water fall on my back. I zoned out until I heard a knock on my door. I turn off the shower, take my towel and put it around my waist. I open the door and Nat looks at me with a smile. 

“She’s awake Steve, she’s waiting for you…” 
“What?” 
“She asked you, Steve, come on, big guy !” She says when she pats my arm and leaves the room. I quickly grab a t-shirt and sweatpants, put them on me and run to the lab where Bruce and y/n were. I catch my breath and stop moving. She’s alive. 
“Hey Stevie…” She says with a croaky voice.
“Hey…” I walk towards her, take a chair and sit next to her. I put my hand on the top of her head and kiss her forehead. “You really scared me sweetheart…” 
“I leave you both alone, I’ll come back later to check…” Bruce says and leaves the room.

I try not to cry in front of her but it fails. My tears are falling down my cheeks. 
“Oh baby…” She says when she hugs me and I hold her tight. I sob and she rubs my back up and down. “It’s okay, I’m here… I’m alive…” She kisses my temple and puts her head on my shoulder. 
“I was so scared… “ I whisper. “I don’t know what I'd do if you were dead…” I pull back and look at her with tears filling my eyes.
“Stevie…” She says when she strokes my cheek with her thumb. “I heard your voice and followed it until I woke up. I saw a light but I didn’t want to go through it… I-” I interrupt her with a passionate kiss.
“I love you so much y/n” 
“I love you too Steve…” She says when she puts her forehead on mine. 

Two weeks later, y/n is still in bed but she’s healing little by little. I give her the bottle of water and she sips it slowly. She gives me the bottle and I put it on the nightstand. 
“How do you feel today?” I say when I tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear. 
“I’m okay, I just have a cramp on my right leg…” She says when she scratches her leg. 
“Let me help you…” I put the sheets away from her leg and started to massage it. I can hear her humming and relaxing. 
“Does it feel good?” I say when I continue to massage her leg. 
“Yeah, I feel better already…” She smiles and she takes my hand. 
“Wanna drink or eat something?” I say when I put the sheets back on her leg. 
“I’m good… Just want you with me…” She says and smiles. 
“Before that I wanna show you something…” I say before I take something from my back pocket and open the little red velvet box. She looks at me shocked. 
“Stevie…” 
“y/n, I know this isn’t the right time but I don’t wanna lose you again. When I saw in the battle with Thanos and you almost passed out. I thought I’d lose you… When we were in the Quinjet, I was only thinking about you, not about the mission or even the team. I wanted to protect you from any danger. If you had died, I don't know how I would have managed without you, without your smile, without your joy, without your help when I was in the ice… y/n y/l/n, will you marry me?” 
I can see her tears falling from her rosy cheeks and she smiles at me. 
“Yes… I wanna marry you Steve…” She says. I smile, take the ring from the box, take her hand, and put it on her finger. 
I stand up, sit next to her and kiss her softly, putting my forehead on hers.
“Until death do us part…”